the most manufactured carefully pieced together rapper of all time is ?

Options
13»

Comments

• the_focused_one
    the_focused_one Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Nicky Minaj?

No other rapper in the history of the game has more interchangeable parts than the Barbie doll....plastic ass, false eye-lashes, fake accent, pounds of make-up..just a complete pop-tart manufactured toward teen-girls who miss playing with dolls.

But 50-Cent is an exec's wet-dream: dark-skinned, orphaned, bare-chested, ? -dealer who got shot multiple times that sing-raps and thrives off rap-beef and negativity....

But if you look at how Iovine used the "8-Mile" movie to shape peoples perception of Emenim as this heroic white-trash figure who slayed the evil ni99ers like Rocky Balboa, then you have to give Interscope credit for brilliant manufacturing.

Dead... Almost spit out my drink on this one H-Rap!
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BoB

Non threatening
    Musically ambiguous
    Force fed pop singles with pop stars
    Blatant rip off of Andre 3000 without the skillset
  • birdcallaveli
    birdcallaveli Members Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Be$T_1 wrote: »
    ma$e

I understand the hate he gets but what would make ma$e the most manufactured ?

he's from harlem (flashy), natural charisma and easy flow.... where did the manufacturing take place ?

nah, no hate, im a fan of ma$e, and i was actually bumping harlem world (the album not the group) last night when i made that post lol.

i said him though because puffy completely changed him when he signed to bad boy. look back at him when he was with children of the corn and managed by ruff ryders, he was murda ma$e with an aggressive flow and ? lyrics. then he signs with puff, tones down the flow, starts writing softer/more pop oriented songs, and stops being murda and starts playing up his pretty boy player image.

ma$e said it himself "i was murda, p diddy made me pretty"
  • SnowBunnySmanger
    SnowBunnySmanger Members Posts: 277 ✭✭✭
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ma$e

he's from harlem (flashy), natural charisma and easy flow.... where did the manufacturing take place ?

nah, no hate, im a fan of ma$e, and i was actually bumping harlem world (the album not the group) last night when i made that post lol.

i said him though because puffy completely changed him when he signed to bad boy. look back at him when he was with children of the corn and managed by ruff ryders, he was murda ma$e with an aggressive flow and ? lyrics. then he signs with puff, tones down the flow, starts writing softer/more pop oriented songs, and stops being murda and starts playing up his pretty boy player image.

looks to me as if Puff noticed he was playin the image "murdamase" and toned him down to reality with a easy flow and laid back appearance that better suits him for him for who he really is ....

be honest the mase we know today is still the easy going, smiling, funny cat that he was during his bad boy days ....

he wasn't manufactured, he was used to his strengths, which was simply being himself .....

• Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ice cube, 50, Ross
  • birdcallaveli
    birdcallaveli Members Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ma$e

looks to me as if Puff noticed he was playin the image "murdamase" and toned him down to reality with a easy flow and laid back appearance that better suits him for him for who he really is ....

be honest the mase we know today is still the easy going, smiling, funny cat that he was during his bad boy days ....

he wasn't manufactured, he was used to his strengths, which was simply being himself .....

thats true, and i agree that mase is probably more like the happy go lucky "breath stretch shake" kinda guy than the gangster image he was using, but i think that the tough image is what he wanted to do and was more comfortable with. when he was trying to come back with g-unit a few years ago he was trying to come back as murda mase saying that was the real him.

now if puffy would have let mase do a balance of the murda and playa ? like he did with biggie then i wouldnt have said him, but puffy made a conscious decision to only allow mase to be a playa. and it would be different if murda mase was wack and playa mase was the goat, but listen to ? done started something and been around the world, and you see that he was equally nice at both. so i see what youre saying, but imo the fact that puffy decided to only push the playa image and pretty much make mase sell out is why he was manufactured.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    According to Eric Sermon, Diddy told Mase to switch his style up to be more like the green eye bandit...
  • apreachernamedweebay
    apreachernamedweebay Members Posts: 267 ✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Plies. He makes a 180 degree turn between his music and his real life.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nicky Minaj?

No other rapper in the history of the game has more interchangeable parts than the Barbie doll....plastic ass, false eye-lashes, fake accent, pounds of make-up..just a complete pop-tart manufactured toward teen-girls who miss playing with dolls.

But 50-Cent is an exec's wet-dream: dark-skinned, orphaned, bare-chested, ? -dealer who got shot multiple times that sing-raps and thrives off rap-beef and negativity....

But if you look at how Iovine used the "8-Mile" movie to shape peoples perception of Emenim as this heroic white-trash figure who slayed the evil ni99ers like Rocky Balboa, then you have to give Interscope credit for brilliant manufacturing.

Dead... Almost spit out my drink on this one H-Rap!

LOL, forgive me and let me elaborate further:

Listen to Emenims album "Infinite" were he was doing his best A.Z. impersonation and then listen to "SSLP" two years later when he got signed.

He dyed his hair blonde, put on a dress, wrote some comedy-raps and got a co-sign from one of our legendary producers.

The comical, white-trash-values in the first song/video "My Name is" was just a warmup for the second song/video "Role Model" were he played a ? -priest and dressed in drag as his mother, then "Guilty Conscious" that gave us cross-dressing, ? , ? and more trailer-parks and not by accident heavy co-signing by Dr Dre...."Just don't give a f*ck" was somewhere in the midst of that, I remember the video because he chokes his mother in it.

So after they laid down their comedy-whiteTrash-rap blue-print with Dre giving the OK; Jimmy Iovine set to legitimize his cash cow by any means necessary so he pulled some strings and got Diddy to put Emenim on the Biggie album on a Biggie song then he did the lead single on Dre's album and after that Jimmy put him on a track with Tupac and a year later he's producing an entire Tupac album.

Jimmy was able to manufacture a modern-day Elvis.
  • juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eminem has emotional hooks. a life story of rags to riches.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rick Ross and Nicki Minaj especially that chick. She was set up to be like a female Jay-Z but decided to become Nicki Gaga
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I don't know. I had a hard time with this one. IMO, Hip Hop is one of the genres where it's difficult to manufacture an artist. For example, in other genres, the "artist" is pretty much an avatar. All they have to do is perform the music. They have writers writing for them, producers to produce their music, a team that develops their image, little input on direction etc. Take Rihanna for example. She's basically an avatar for Ester Dean who's written a lot of Rihanna's music, StarGate who produces most of her music, the team that styles her, and whoever else has input on her image and style.

In Hip Hop, artists have to grind by putting out mixtapes, doing features, writing their own music, sometimes produce their own music before and after making it big. Few if any rappers are signed based on physical appearance and their voices.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tupac is

People actually think duke was a thug,when truthfully he was far from one

What is a thug??
    The Hate You Gave Me.

Pac was just a real dude and been through way more than most ppl go through their whole lives.Was Pac far from a Thug when he shot those cops in ATL?

I know the Outlawz and Pac wasn't a superhero, but he was a wild dude and kept guns and stayed in some ? .he wasn't no hoe ass ? .He was out here and he died doing some thug ? .

Pac was far from manufactured because he made his image not some suit in a office.He made the blueprint for controversy in hip hop but totally naturally

• loch121
    Options
    Drake was manufactured by the majors.They aligned him w/ the biggest names in rap off the top and everybody ate.Who has Eminem,Jay, and Wayne features? Even though he's signed to Wayne now he was put in position.

This doesn't mean dude doesn't make good music though.
  • loch121
    Options
    I'm an Em fan, but Em is high on this list too
  • Zigefresh
    Zigefresh Members Posts: 233 ✭✭
    Options
    lil wayne i don't think people understand how much hes affected 93 babies and up.

93 babies and up? I don't get it.

you mean babies born 93 and up?
  • c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with whoever said Flo Rida. Somebody molded the hell out of him, probably taught him how to flow on beat, an voila we have a pop rapper. Same with Plies (he originally didn't want to rap so I can't blame him)

Nelly to a lesser extent, but I think his persona on the mic was more genuine.

As much as I don't care for Minaj, I wouldn't say she was manufactured. Al least not to an extent. I think the crazy rhyming and gimmicks is her own doing mostly and naturally her.

Bow Wow but he doesn't count, I guess.

Ja Rule (10 years ago). Loon (with the fake ladies man image). Mase seemed molded too. Onyx with the fake gangsta image.

I don't care for 50 Cent, but he was a thug rapper since he got in the game. I wouldn't say he was manufactured.

Oh how could I forget, Guerilla Black (lol). I never believed his story that he naturally rhymed like that. I bet someone told him that they'd sign him if he was willing to ? Biggie
  • c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    BoB

Non threatening
    Musically ambiguous

B.o.B.'s music was that way before he was signed though.

He did have forced pop singles, but even Lupe was forced too also.

I don't think B.o.B. is manufactured, dude has almost the same style he had since he dropped his underground mixtapes
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    c.b.b. wrote: »
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    BoB

Non threatening
    Musically ambiguous

B.o.B.'s music was that way before he was signed though.

He did have forced pop singles, but even Lupe was forced too also.

I don't think B.o.B. is manufactured, dude has almost the same style he had since he dropped his underground mixtapes

Wrong.

B.O.B never collabed with white POP artists heavy like hes doing on his first two albums...listen to his mix-tapes and look at the features and production.

Julia Greenwald (Atlantic records) turned him into the honorary POP-? in HipHop with a discography that looks like this:

B.O.B feat Haley Williams
    B.O.B feat Skylar Gray
    B.O.B feat Taylor Swift
    B.O.B feat Lorriana Mae

B.O.B feat iggy Azelia coming soon.

his first two albums B.O.B has more songs with white PoP chicks then the combined solo-discographies of JayZ, Nas, Ross, Jeezy, LL Cool J, Biggie, Rakim, Ice Cube, Tupac, Rakim, Krs-One, & Big Daddy Kane COMBINED....COMBINED!!!!

Atlantic records created this POP-machine clone-Black-snake-moan-Frankenstein-experiment to be the ambassador for the industry's white-wash campaign were white-women like the ones I listed and ones like B.O.B's labelmate Iggy Azelia are subtly being promoted and infused into a culture that had pretty much shunned them up until 2011.

• juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Zigefresh wrote: »
    lil wayne i don't think people understand how much hes affected 93 babies and up.

93 babies and up? I don't get it.

you mean babies born 93 and up?

yeah.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at me getting a wack. I've gotten some admirers lately