US/UK Version of Final Fantasy XIII is “Complete”

Options
fmills15
fmills15 Members Posts: 9
edited January 2010 in IllGaming
Motomu Toriyama posted a messgae on the FFXIII UK site earlier today, stating that the “over seas” version of Final Fantasy XIII is Complete (North america & Europe version);

http://www.thekoalition.com/usuk-version-of-final-fantasy-xiii-is-complete/

What system yall picking this up for? If you copping that is.

Comments

• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Final Fantasy XIII Runs Just as Well on X360 as on PS3

Well, with both versions done and ready to awe the west, it's time to see how Square Enix did in making them equal like they promised. According to 1UP and in-line with my expectations, they don't differ! Here's what 1UP had to say on the matter...

"It was...a pleasant surprise when I discovered FFXIII runs just as smoothly on 360 as it does on PS3. It's a brisk, action-packed RPG with tons happening on the screen at any given time (and the series' requisite flashy visuals cranked up to full throttle), yet I didn't see a hint of slowdown or choppiness or screen tearing or any of the other visual hiccups that serve as hallmarks of a sloppy port. Admittedly, I didn't see the two versions running side-by-side — the bus set them apart with a looping trailer dividing the kiosks — but I honestly saw no tangible difference from my time with the PS3 version."

A very good job by SE this is! Lead developed on the PS3, and announced for the X360 in the so very famous-internet explosion-milk drinking fanboy-megaton, the two versions, when not run side by side, are equal to whoever played one after the other. Sure, that side-by-side comparison is inevitable, but if it's nothing the naked eye can't notice, it's not too important.

However, that raises the question... how is it that Sega managed to screw up the PS3 port of Bayonetta so bad, if SE reached complete equity? It's a sad case.

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=6555&mp=1
  • joshuaboy
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Final Fantasy XIII Has a LOT Of Deleted Content

Chop... chop... whoops! Half of your game is GONE!

"Enough content removed to make a full game".

These are the words of Final Fantasy XIII Art Director, Isamu Kamikokuryou.

In an interview he revealed that a lot of the game was stripped, and is indeed missing. Some things "removed" include the area around Lightning's home that resembled a park. A secret base for "Nora" was removed, along with an entire Zoo.

All of this content was already running on the PlayStation 3, but was left out because of considerations for game volume and overall game balanace.

So... Thoughts?

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=6539&mp=1
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Final Fantasy XIII Has a LOT Of Deleted Content

Chop... chop... whoops! Half of your game is GONE!

"Enough content removed to make a full game".

These are the words of Final Fantasy XIII Art Director, Isamu Kamikokuryou.

In an interview he revealed that a lot of the game was stripped, and is indeed missing. Some things "removed" include the area around Lightning's home that resembled a park. A secret base for "Nora" was removed, along with an entire Zoo.

All of this content was already running on the PlayStation 3, but was left out because of considerations for game volume and overall game balanace.

So... Thoughts?

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=6539&mp=1

Oh, so since they took out half the game and will sell it for 60 then all that mess that was taken out will be sold as DLC? More than likely, yes. Great way to make more money off a big game.

BTW, I'm not into FF so I'm not copping it. BUT, those are my thoughts.
  • joshuaboy
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm thinking they took it out to keep the 360 version down to 3 discs.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Final Fantasy XIII Runs Just as Well on X360 as on PS3

Well, with both versions done and ready to awe the west, it's time to see how Square Enix did in making them equal like they promised. According to 1UP and in-line with my expectations, they don't differ! Here's what 1UP had to say on the matter...

"It was...a pleasant surprise when I discovered FFXIII runs just as smoothly on 360 as it does on PS3. It's a brisk, action-packed RPG with tons happening on the screen at any given time (and the series' requisite flashy visuals cranked up to full throttle), yet I didn't see a hint of slowdown or choppiness or screen tearing or any of the other visual hiccups that serve as hallmarks of a sloppy port. Admittedly, I didn't see the two versions running side-by-side — the bus set them apart with a looping trailer dividing the kiosks — but I honestly saw no tangible difference from my time with the PS3 version."

A very good job by SE this is! Lead developed on the PS3, and announced for the X360 in the so very famous-internet explosion-milk drinking fanboy-megaton, the two versions, when not run side by side, are equal to whoever played one after the other. Sure, that side-by-side comparison is inevitable, but if it's nothing the naked eye can't notice, it's not too important.

However, that raises the question... how is it that Sega managed to screw up the PS3 port of Bayonetta so bad, if SE reached complete equity? It's a sad case.

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=6555&mp=1

Another reason why games should be made on PS3 first then ported to 360
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    not even checking for it