When it comes to the "bigger than hip hop" title Diddy>>>>>>>>>>Jay-Z

Options

Comments

• Big Sean Anderson
    Big Sean Anderson Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    real ? inside his music label tho ? that ? diddy he ? every major artist hes had in the ass ass ass ass stop and let that mother ? 1 hit wonder! Puff stupid puff stupid puff stupid
  • TimeToParty
    TimeToParty Members Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    as far as what?
    RAP, ?
    eminem is nowhere near on them ? level when it comes to outside business ventures
    when's the last time you seen a muhfucka wearin shady ltd.?

Eminem and Chrysler have teamed up in an effort to support community-based organizations in Detroit by donating proceeds from the sale of an exclusive Slim Shady T-shirt line. Since Eminem’s two-minute Super Bowl XLV commercial “Born of Fire,” the Big Four automaker has been selling shirts with the words “Imported from Detroit” steadily.

Chrysler

Each item, available at chrysler.com, bears the “Imported from Detroit” logo, with an image of the Joe Louis fist that appears in the “Born of Fire” ad, holding what appears to be the a Chrysler hood ornament.

Chrysler plans to give some money generated from merchandise sales to local charities, including the Boys & Girls Club of Southeastern Michigan, Habitat for Humanity Detroit, and Eminem’s charity, The Marshall Mathers Foundation.

“The objective of the ‘Born of Fire’ commercial was intended to generate a conversation about the Chrysler brand and the new 2011 Chrysler 200,” Olivier Francois, head of the Chrysler brand, said in a statement. “We are humbled at the thought that the conversation continues and is generating a spark throughout the country.”
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Eminem is bigger than hip-hop.

His heartfelt storytelling tracks unite people from all walks of life.
    He single handily revitalized Detroit, and lifted them from the recession (and is currently doing so for the rest of America and the United States) :)
    He is technically brilliant, melanin free, and a all around great guy.
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    man I remember shady ltd...

i unno I kinda agree with the thread title... but jay did bring brooklyn a basketball team...
  • TimeToParty
    TimeToParty Members Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    cobbland wrote: »
    Eminem is bigger than hip-hop.

His heartfelt storytelling tracks unite people from all walks of life.
    He single handily revitalized Detroit, and lifted them from the recession (and is currently doing so for the rest of America and the United States) :)
    He is technically brilliant, melanin free, and a all around great guy.

this is my point.
    Good day sir
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Eminem and Chrysler have teamed up in an effort to support community-based organizations in Detroit by donating proceeds from the sale of an exclusive Slim Shady T-shirt line. Since Eminem’s two-minute Super Bowl XLV commercial “Born of Fire,” the Big Four automaker has been selling shirts with the words “Imported from Detroit” steadily.

Chrysler

Each item, available at chrysler.com, bears the “Imported from Detroit” logo, with an image of the Joe Louis fist that appears in the “Born of Fire” ad, holding what appears to be the a Chrysler hood ornament.

Chrysler plans to give some money generated from merchandise sales to local charities, including the Boys & Girls Club of Southeastern Michigan, Habitat for Humanity Detroit, and Eminem’s charity, The Marshall Mathers Foundation.

“The objective of the ‘Born of Fire’ commercial was intended to generate a conversation about the Chrysler brand and the new 2011 Chrysler 200,” Olivier Francois, head of the Chrysler brand, said in a statement. “We are humbled at the thought that the conversation continues and is generating a spark throughout the country.”

your point?
    is that an eminem clothing line?
    have you ever seen a ? wearing that ? ?
    seems like some charity ? to me, not a business endeavor
    and even if it is a business move it ain't comparable to owning parts of sports teams, clubs, restaurants, SUCCESSFUL clothing lines, etc., etc.
    Because he can.. whats your point?

Stop with your fallacies and try again.

Diddy had no choice, but to seperate himself from hiphop and look about other means of generating revenue.

His musical empire was/is crumbling rite before his eyes.

MJ at the core, will forever be known as a basketball player.. but should he be discredited for his business acumen because of that?

I didnt think so.. /thread.

fallacies?
    point 1 out, ?
    and if diddy's musical empire was crumbling before his eyes where the ? is roc-a-fella?
    how did diddy have no choice when all that ? was poppin while he was still puttin out albums?
    i'm not discrediting anyone, just saying that when it comes to ? sayin somebody is bigger than hip hop diddy has slightly more of a claim to that title than jay
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    when I think of diddy I think of Get him to the greek

Lmao..that mind ? scene fits Diddy on that ? ? ..
  • stealthbomber
    stealthbomber Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    when I think of diddy I think of Get him to the greek

lollllll at that last scene "this is what ? felt like in the 70s.... i miss that" haha
  • BackInWhite
    edited October 2011
    Options
    You mean Roc Nation, the same label run by him that just put out an artist that sold more in 1 week than any artist Diddy whole album sold in its entirety in the past 5 years, guy!

You're sounding more and more misinformed with each post.. like Already Home previously stated, there's nothin Diddy has done outside of hiphop that Jay z hasn't.. well at least anything worth noting.

Dont even bring up his budding acting career (sarcasm), he only does that for a miniscule check that goes towards paying his child support lol

In times of desperation a person will do anything, just because Jay been comfortable for years and doesnt need to ? himself for extra cash doesnt mean Diddy is any bigger outside of Hip Hop than he is...... ask Obama.

you soundin like a camel jockey with each post, doggie
    so what was jay doin when he was bein all awkward and ? in state property if diddy is ? himself out by being in raisin in the sun?
    how is a half a billion dollar ? desperate, b?
    in the last 5 years danity kane and day 26 went platinum
    both danity kane albums debuted at #1 on the billboards
    young joc and cassie had top 5 hits in 2005
    j.cole ain't sold a fraction of what bad boy has sold in the last 5 years, dude
    cut it out
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited October 2011
    Options
    You mean Roc Nation, the same label run by him that just put out an artist that sold more in 1 week than any artist Diddy whole album sold in its entirety in the past 5 years, guy!

You're sounding more and more misinformed with each post.. like Already Home previously stated, there's nothin Diddy has done outside of hiphop that Jay z hasn't.. well at least anything worth noting.

Dont even bring up his budding acting career (sarcasm), he only does that for a miniscule check that goes towards paying his child support lol

In times of desperation a person will do anything, just because Jay been comfortable for years and doesnt need to ? himself for extra cash doesnt mean Diddy is any bigger outside of Hip Hop than he is...... ask Obama.

Wow @ you saying Jay doesn't ? himself for extra cash when he's been doing exactly that in recent years.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    So wait...because the man is still putting out albums(which are adding money to his pockets outside of his non-music ventures) the dude can't be seen as bigger than hip-hop? No one man is bigger than hip-hop, but if we gon' play along with this thread you still on some dumb ? my mans. They both pretty much have the same ? going for themselves. Clothing lines, alcohol endorsements, fragrances, record labels, etc. but because Jay is still dropping albums he can't be bigger than hip-hop? Oh and Jay was in State Property 1 and Fade to Black which both were wide released in theaters so.....
  • BackInWhite
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Diddy still raps

He just put out an album last year.

you gon call last train to paris a rap album tho?
    ? was singin on all the singles, b
  • BackInWhite
    edited October 2011
    Options
    shenco wrote: »
    So wait...because the man is still putting out albums(which are adding money to his pockets outside of his non-music ventures) the dude can't be seen as bigger than hip-hop? No one man is bigger than hip-hop, but if we gon' play along with this thread you still on some dumb ? my mans. They both pretty much have the same ? going for themselves. Clothing lines, alcohol endorsements, fragrances, record labels, etc. but because Jay is still dropping albums he can't be bigger than hip-hop? Oh and Jay was in State Property 1 and Fade to Black which both were wide released in theaters so.....

you get my sentiment exactly
    jay still droppin albums
    he a rapper
    jay came in the game as a rapper
    diddy didn't
    he ain't have to drop not 1 album and he was singin throughout his last album
    jay is an artist and businessman
    diddy is a businessman period point blank
  • 704Hustla
    704Hustla Members Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    BadBoy is damn near defunct... u cant be bigger than ? when u are no longer relevant in it...

lol..that's is now in the museum with death row...he isn't bigger than hip hop he's just not relevant in hip hop no more outside of a hit single here and there..so he gets his attention and money outside of it
  • ShencotheMC
    edited October 2011
    Options
    you get my sentiment exactly
    jay still droppin albums
    he a rapper
    jay came in the game as a rapper
    diddy didn't
    he ain't have to drop not 1 album and he was singin throughout his last album
    jay is an artist and businessman
    diddy is a businessman period point blank

Diddy is also an artist my dude wtf are you talking about?
  • BackInWhite
    edited October 2011
    Options
    look at the ? from a non camel jockey perspective
    jay is such a rapper that he claimed to be the best rapper alive at 1 point
    diddy is such a non rapper and businessman that he told you ? not to worry if he writes rhymes cuz he writes checks
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited October 2011
    Options
    True..but you know what..that "bigger than Hip Hop" ? is annoying...but only ? like Steve Stoute uses it for an excuse when Wayne was coming at Jay's neck..

It's funny how this post got ignored.
  • BackInWhite
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Diddy is also an artist my dude wtf are you talking about?

you should feel disrespected by saying some ? like that
    you consider yourself an artist right?
    and you consider diddy an artist as well?
    that ? is a reciter at the most
  • ShencotheMC
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Diddy is still an artist you ? head. Diddy is still out there making music just like Jay is. If anything they're basically the same people. You know what ? it, I'm not gonna sit here and waste time attempting to understand this southern ? . *exits thread*
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Diddy is still an artist you ? head. Diddy is still out there making music just like Jay is. If anything they're basically the same people. You know what ? it, I'm not gonna sit here and waste time attempting to understand this southern ? . *exits thread*

There you go again...stop with that ? .
  • BackInWhite
    edited October 2011
    Options
    shenco you stay mad, b
    and i noticed that "southern ? " thing you be doin is your last resort
    you have no real ammo to go at a ? cuz you know a ? right
    jay is a rapper
    a measly, lowly rappin ass ?
    ol music video turnin in ass ?
    ? almost didn't drop j.cole album for droppin that dud ass watch the throne weedplate and it upsets you
    it hurts your heart
    it makes the sand in your ? that much ITCHY-ER
    which in turn makes you more irritable
    let me put it this way
    when someone not of the hip hop culture sees jay anywhere, say with obama or oprah, they immediately know him for his MUSIC
    when they see diddy somewhere rubbing shoulders with the same people they know him from anything BUT HIS MUSIC
    get it?
    lil ?
    go ? the epsom salt out ya ? you lil ? boy
  • BackInWhite
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Why you lie?... and brush up on your math, 2005 was 6 years ago, guy.

He was losing steam, gettin beat out numerous years for the 2nd spot on the hiphop cash kings list lol

Granted he always had bread, just not up to his standards. Thats when he decided to branch out and become a ? ..

when you think of Puff, you think of a bozo, as for Hov its the total opposite.

Two different leagues as far as class and prestige is concerned, he's ahead of the curb as far as being looked at as just a hiphop artist... more so than Puff.

All of Diddy's ventures are urban related, from his clothes to his liquor, where as Hov's is more diverse an appeals to a broader spectrum.

Now just cut it out and think of a new thread, good sir.

sean john makes suits, ?
    ain't no urban muhfuckas wearin suits
    they have sean john fashion shows in paris, ?
    you tryna tell me ciroc is urban related?
    EVERYBODY drinks that ?
    rocawear is sold in burlington coat factory
    wide leg jeans with big ass pockets and shirts with huge ass logos on the front and back ain't urban?
    get off jay ? , dude
    that ? is making you look sad
    danity kane went platinum, my dude
    day26 self titled debut album debuted at #1 in 2008
    their second album debuted at #2 in 2009
    danity kane's first album went platinum and debuted at #1 in 2006.....5 years ago
    their second album debuted at #1 in 2008
    how was he losing steam, ? ?
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Oh ? and lmao @ those two posts....
  • BackInWhite
    edited October 2011
    Options
    rocawear = platinum fubu
    ? said jay ? is diverse
    if rocawear is diverse then shady ltd. is being worn by somebody NOT on ? right the ? now
  • BackInWhite
    edited October 2011
    Options
    disdain?
    ? i have no disdain for jay-z
    but look at the ? you're saying
    let's break it down
    first you said "tuh"
    that's ? ?
    second you keep callin this ? hov which we know is short for hova which is short for jayhova which is jay's way of calling himself ?
    so you worship the ? or at the very least think he is a person worth worshiping
    then you bring up the fact that the ? is HIP HOP'S CASH KING 3 YEARS AND RUNNING in capital letters as if you see any of that money
    afterwards you say that 1 half a billion dollar man can't see another half a billion dollar man
    again, as if you're seeing a penny of that money
    you, sir are a ? ridin ? and you love the attention
    i have no disdain for sean corey
    no dislike
    am a fan if you really want to get deep into the ?
    paid cash money for every album from reasonable doubt to american gangster, including the streets is watchin soundtrack
    the premise for this thread is actually a backhanded compliment to jay
    diddy is so NOT an artist and strays so far away from the criteria of an artist that the "bigger than hip hop" title should belong to him
    seeing as how his music ain't good enough for anybody to give a ? about it, at least not more than ciroc, his movie roles, and sean john
    i wasn't even expecting this thread to get off the first page but i should have known when jay's name is typed sand ? will come runnin to check on their favorite camel
    ? is gross