"MW3 is an arcade game, Battlefield 3 is a war-simulator"

Options
KINGOFDAARCADE
KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in IllGaming
Real talk, BF3 takes a massive ? on MW3. I know cause I played both. MW3 is basically MW2 with new maps and more balanced perks.... cool. But i've been there done that.

Battlefield 3 is on some next level ? .

Comments

• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    f079e_ORIG-cool_story_bro9.jpg
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    already got my copy paid off
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    MW is also fun. Battlefield is not.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Focus I wouldve agreed with you if this was Battlefield 1943 or BFBC2.

There was simply too much damn running just to find an enemy in those games.

I'm sure there will be a couple maps like that in BF3, but the Beta showed me that they finally "get it" and are mixing up the maps. I read the summaries of the 9 maps in the game, and theres a lot of infantry focused battles similar to COD.
  • joshuaboy
    edited October 2011
    Options
    focus wrote: »

Battlefield is not fun to people that love COD style of play and objectives.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Battlefield 3 > MW3

BC2>MW2

? CoD. im still coppin to see how it ends tho.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

joshuaboy wrote: »
    Battlefield is not fun to people that love COD style of play and objectives.

Very true. I forced myself to play BF3, to reallllllly test it. After playing BF3 until the end of the beta I cannot see myself playing CoD again. I've played Black Ops the past few days and I'm left bored and unsatisfied with it, even when I attempted to start up MW2, it just feels stale and boring. MW3 will be the same.

I jumped the wagon, BF3 > CoD.

CoD = 360, BF3 = PS3
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited October 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Very true. I forced myself to play BF3, to reallllllly test it. After playing BF3 until the end of the beta I cannot see myself playing CoD again. I've played Black Ops the past few days and I'm left bored and unsatisfied with it, even when I attempted to start up MW2, it just feels stale and boring. MW3 will be the same.

I jumped the wagon, BF3 > CoD.

CoD = 360, BF3 = PS3

well Black Ops always was and always will be TRASH. Its built on the WaW engine, not the MW engine.

MW3 will be better than BOps. But BF3 is on another level. More attachments, bullet drop, recoil, vehicles, huge maps, destruction, realistic sniping, etc....... just an overall more realistic and better experience.

The map in the BF3 beta was split up into 4 separate parts. Each part was about the size of 1 COD map. Plus the 1st DLC is free if you buy the Limited Edition.

MW3.... i mean itll be alright, but its the same ? over and over. The Prestige progression system is played out. The killstreaks arent all that appealing anymore.

I'm glad DICE finally figured things out and got the controls and animations perfected.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    well Black Ops always was and always will be TRASH. Its built on the WaW engine, not the MW engine.

MW3 will be better than BOps. But BF3 is on another level. More attachments, bullet drop, recoil, vehicles, huge maps, destruction, realistic sniping, etc....... just an overall more realistic and better experience.

The map in the BF3 beta was split up into 4 separate parts. Each part was about the size of 1 COD map. Plus the 1st DLC is free if you buy the Limited Edition.

MW3.... i mean itll be alright, but its the same ? over and over. The Prestige progression system is played out. The killstreaks arent all that appealing anymore.

I'm glad DICE finally figured things out and got the controls and animations perfected.

not sure if this is gonna be like Bad Company 2 but all map packs are free in BF, they added a bunch of maps to that game for free

The Limited Edition IS the regular edition,the VIP code is basically their online pass as long as you dont get it used you get DLC for free
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited October 2011
    Options
    COD plays like a game of paint ball, Battlefield plays like a real war
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    the only hope the next CoD got is to add vehicular gameplay, and bigger maps.. and say if u call in a precision airstike, you should be able to control that plane if u want to
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited October 2011
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    I rather play a smooth fun game rather than a boring real game

Did you play the BF3 beta?

I hated BFBC2 and MoH, but I loved the BF3 beta.

They fixed alot of ? . The controls are smoooooth. They fixed the turn speed. The animations and movement are crisp. Even better than COD now IMO. Might take a minute to get used to.

And snipers are actually snipers in BF3. Not that run n gun quick scope ? .
  • joshuaboy
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Yes.... I played the beta And hated it

It takes too long to find someone to ? .

lol lol

Stick to COD.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Yes.... I played the beta And hated it

It takes too long to find someone to ? .

Not the point
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    PC is so marvelous.
  • focus
    edited October 2011
    Options
    COD plays like a game of paint ball, Battlefield plays like a real war

Yea which sounds more fun? How is "real war" more fun than paintball?

I like playing games. I cant play the animations or textures or square feet or "smoothness". I can only play the game...anything else is extra. If none of that equates to fun, well then...
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Yea which sounds more fun? How is "real war" more fun than paintball?

I like playing games. I cant play the animations or textures or square feet or "smoothness". I can only play the game...anything else is extra. If none of that equates to fun, well then...

n bf aint nuthin like real war anyway...wtf kinda ? is that ?...i played the beta and its nothing like a simulator or a real war...its jus a regular ass console shooter...wtf is up with people hyping this game ?...its jus a regular console shooter from what i can see...

i aint even hating...the final game will probably be better, n i cud probably get into it if i gave it a chance, but i cant juggle two shooters like that, its jus pointless...its gotta be 1 or the other...n bf3 does'nt seem to play as smooth as COD or have the same fun factor...

bf3 wud probably be fun if u got into it...but whats the point wen aint ? wrong with cod...if it aint broke dont fix it...thats why more people buy COD year after year, they have a formula that people like...no need to switch it up.

plus if i want a ps2 experience i'll jus play syphon filter or goldeneye on n64...
  • One Spliff
    edited October 2011
    Options
    PC is so marvelous.

lol @ ur pc comments.

seriously tho..? spennding thousands on a pc...console is much betta value.
  • focus
    edited October 2011
    Options
    LOL. Spliff and Karl wildin out. I wasn't goin take it there.
  • One Spliff
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Battlefield is for people who can't handle the heat of CoD and have to play at a slower pace.

Every player that hates CoD ? sucks at it.

i believe i proved this fact with my 'ratio report'

let them keep trying tho...these bf3 related comments ? me up...they tried so hard to proove this game was guna be amazing, then the beta dropped n they were quiet as a church mouse.

wheres jamal at ?

smh.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2011
    Options
  • One Spliff
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    CoD is for goldeneye fans.....

I return to it when I want to suspend belief.

u guna be creating clans on COD Elite with all the other disgruntled battyfield fans...admit it.

i mean...y'all basically jus trying to be different, but i get it...COD is like the lil wayne of gaming, i mean sure i used to ? with him back in his cash money and carter 1 days, but aint no way u gon catch me listening to that ? today...

i get where battlefield fans are coming from...but like pimpmvp said, why play a shooter if your not tryna shoot people ?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2011
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2011
    Options