Options
1235»

Comments

• Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ibedamned wrote: »
    im just trying to be optimistic, ppl ridiculed that trade, said seymour was done and NE got the best of us. when it hasnt been the case, Carson at his best is still better than Cambell, stats bear that out. He's been around hue jackson before, lets just wait and see before we bury the trade as completly stupid.

We didn't give up TWO 1sts for Seymour or at worst a 1st and a 2nd so that's why this trade is much worse than the Seymour trade could ever have been.

Carson is only slightly better than Campbell. He used to be elite but he's been atrocious for most of the last 3 years, even tho the team around him was solid-decent.
  • txboi_09
    txboi_09 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I think they're hoping for Alex Smith Syndrome;

Give a Caucasian fucc-up, enuff chances, and he's bound to come around to the 'productive' side

Hate to break it to you but Alex Smiths failures were a result of a very ? up organization as well as horrible head coaches like Singletary and Nolans ? ass. Dude finally got an offensive minded coach and he is producing. Nothing to do with being black or white but whatever
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Oakland still needs some receivers and an o-line.Palmer is a classic pocket passer and he will not get the time that he needs to throw.Stupid trade for the type of team the Raiders are.
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    txboi_09 wrote: »
    Hate to break it to you but Alex Smiths failures were a result of a very ? up organization as well as horrible head coaches like Singletary and Nolans ? ass. Dude finally got an offensive minded coach and he is producing. Nothing to do with being black or white but whatever

Bruh, I give credit to Jim Harbaugh turning things around in SF (for now anyway), but all Jim is doing is game managing Alex Smith. Smith has looked pretty good and his stats support that, but it doesn't take a genius to see that they're shortening the field for him to make easier throws and easier reads, which is great coaching on their part. The run game (and defense of course) is what is making them successful ultimately. When SF runs into a team that can slow the run down (or stop it), Alex Smith will look like...... Alex Smith.

And I lol'd @ your AVI mayne! U doing way to much!
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    If palmer can get anywhere near the level he was in 05, raiders should be straight.

This might be stupid or a great move, only time will tell. But I give the raiders props for being risk takers.

I think jamarcus Russell pretty much made it a law in oakland to never draft a QB again.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    you can't be serious

*checks username* ....nevermind you are

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    If palmer can get anywhere near the level he was in 05, raiders should be straight.

This might be stupid or a great move, only time will tell. But I give the raiders props for being risk takers.

I think jamarcus Russell pretty much made it a law in oakland to never draft a QB again.

Fa'real especially a black qb.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

If what Alex Smith is doing right now is producing to you, the expectations of QBs in this league has fallen
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »
    If what Alex Smith is doing right now is producing to you, the expectations of QBs in this league has fallen

oh indeed they have fallen.....drastically

especially when carson "the last time I was good was 05" palmer goes for a couple of first
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    He'll get hurt in his 1st game
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I expect Palmer to cook when he throws a TD in his first game.

Oh and he wearing #3 again. He's always beasted when wearing that number
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    carson better come out and go nuts this year for all this ? though
  • txboi_09
    edited October 2011
    Options

I'll take 8 tds 2 ints and a rushing touchdown with no redzone turnovers over going over 300 yards like Romo put turning the ball over. Niners have a great defense and great running game but when he's asked to lead the team in the fourth he's done it against cincy, Philly, and the lions. So yeah I consider that producing.
  • txboi_09
    edited October 2011
    Options
    MallyG wrote: »
    Bruh, I give credit to Jim Harbaugh turning things around in SF (for now anyway), but all Jim is doing is game managing Alex Smith. Smith has looked pretty good and his stats support that, but it doesn't take a genius to see that they're shortening the field for him to make easier throws and easier reads, which is great coaching on their part. The run game (and defense of course) is what is making them successful ultimately. When SF runs into a team that can slow the run down (or stop it), Alex Smith will look like...... Alex Smith.

And I lol'd @ your AVI mayne! U doing way to much!

Lol I've had that AVI for like two years man I found that ? pretty hilarious myself when I saw it on a niners forum. I probably should change it though cause I think people think I'm serious which I can understand cause people be saying some crazy ? around here from time to time
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I'll take 8 tds 2 ints and a rushing touchdown with no redzone turnovers over going over 300 yards like Romo put turning the ball over. Niners have a great defense and great running game but when he's asked to lead the team in the fourth he's done it against cincy, Philly, and the lions. So yeah I consider that producing.

ooooooooooooooooooh

*waits for rap doctor's response*
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

His turnovers are low because he's being protected! That style will only work as long as teams cant stop Gore and allow it. When Gore stops, 9ers stop ! Vernon Davis should be recognized as a top 3 TE but is stuck with a bottom 5 QB
  • txboi_09
    edited October 2011
    Options
    His turnovers are low because he's being protected! That style will only work as long as teams cant stop Gore and allow it. When Gore stops, 9ers stop ! Vernon Davis should be recognized as a top 3 TE but is stuck with a bottom 5 QB

Your argument isn't valid though cause Alex has been money in the redone throughout his career he's not gonna make a stupid play dude has 30 TD and 1 Int in the redzone in his career. Thats goes a long way for a quarterback. As far as stopping the run and he's done argument that has already proven to be false this year too. Look at the philly game down 23-3 in the third the run game was put in the back burner and Alex went 13-17 for over 200 yards and a TD and led them down the field for the other TD drives. Against Tampa Alex started the game leading the team down the field and hitting Delanie Walker for a touchdown. Even against the Lions dude had two TD dropped one by Delanie Walker and another by Crabtree and still managed to make a throw when it counted. Notice Delanie Walkers name coming up a lot thats cause teams are doubling Vernon this year which has left Morgan, Crabtree, and Delanie with mismatches all year long. So rather than force the ball, dude has been making the right plays this year.

The whole their protecting him argument really doesn't hold up this year cause they've been forced into passing situations this year and he's shown that he's capable of moving the ball down the field. Gore was looking like ? until the coaching staff took the training wheels off of alex and started letting him throw the ball. Ever since the Philly game, our offense has looked way better, I think anyone that has watched all 6 inner games this year will tell you that the pass game has been opening up the run game recently.