So did you Crazy act like your christians but arn't Donate to Haiti?

Options
getchamoneyrigh
getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
edited January 2010 in The Social Lounge
Prolly not. I know I did!!!! F'n non-educated losers!!! I mean that in the nicest way.

Comments

• alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Be careful. Just because you are donating doesn't mean it is going to contribute to what's going on. I'm almost sure there are scammers out there trying to take advangtage of the tragedy. They probably know in times like this that people are not thinking about,"What if this is a scam?".
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    Be careful. Just because you are donating doesn't mean it is going to contribute to what's going on. I'm almost sure there are scammers out there trying to take advangtage of the tragedy. They probably know in times like this that people are not thinking about,"What if this is a scam?".

I was gonna give to yele but I stopped myself. I mean, just because I liked the ? album (Carnival >>>>> Miseducation) doesn't mean I should trust him with my money.

Donated to ShelterBox instead :tu
  • blue falcon
    blue falcon Members Posts: 128
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Do you know how much money actually goes to Haiti when its donated. And how much of that foreign aide is going to be marked up hundreds of percentages. Ever watch a movie about Jamacia called Life and Debt?
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Do you know how much money actually goes to Haiti when its donated. And how much of that foreign aide is going to be marked up hundreds of percentages. Ever watch a movie about Jamacia called Life and Debt?

credit card companies are making a killing in transaction fees
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i have extended family over there, none have been heard from since Tues, even the ones who live on the countryside. Wyclef's organization would probably be the best one to donate to. He is a constant presense in Haiti, to date his organization has sponsored scholorships for over 5,000 children in Haiti, and he is there out in the community each time a natural disaster has struck. People donate where you feel comfortable donating, but please donate, the country is in peril.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Dog what??? Your title man... clean that up
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited January 2010
    Options
    so giving to charities immediately following this earthquake, even if you already gave to charities like the Red Cross prior to this, is the litmus test for whether or not one is charitable? huh.
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ? giving up some money...