Ayo B, is Frisbee really a sport?

Options
DaFifthElement
DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
I do not belee dis ? . My Wifey overheard some people at work talking about how great their kids were and that their kids play frisbee as a competitive sport. WTF?!? can someone confirm this. Who the ? plays frisbee? Ayo B. You can keep that right there. I would never bring my Son up playing a soft ass sport like frisbee.

200px-Ultimate_at_UNC-Wilmington.jpg

Get theeeeeee ? outta here.

Comments

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ultimate frisbee is definitely a sport. its kinda like soccer. you throw the frisbee to advance field position. but once you catch it, you cant run with it. you can only take two step and then stop. but you can still use one foot to

? it nevermind. even if i explain the rules, you'll still clown.. but it does take tons of athleticism and combines alot of elements of football and soccer
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    soon as black people catch on, and they get a lebron james going ? will get rid

lol @ the thought of the #7 play on sportscenter's top ten is of a six foot five black kid outta high school doing a backfilp and throwing a frisbee in a goal for the win

do they throw them in goals for points? how does that work?
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    that ? pretty fun.............
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    ultimate frisbee is definitely a sport. its kinda like soccer. you throw the frisbee to advance field position. but once you catch it, you cant run with it. you can only take two step and then stop. but you can still use one foot to

? it nevermind. even if i explain the rules, you'll still clown.. but it does take tons of athleticism and combines alot of elements of football and soccer

LOL. They left out the Frisbee part on Wikipedia. Guess they thought it made it look more serious.
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
  • Darius
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ysl313 wrote: »

lol @ the thought of the #7 play on sportscenter's top ten is of a six foot five black kid outta high school doing a backfilp and throwing a frisbee in a goal for the win

i believe you have a teammate in the endzone at all times. he can't leave the endzone. the way to score is to have him catch a pass in the endzone. but like football, anyone of defense can intercept it any time.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ysl313 wrote: »

LOL @ me thinking about this ? really happening...
    White people gonna be mad as ? .
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Played this ? in H.S. Maddd fun
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Idk, but ultimate/extreme frisbee go hard. Played that in high school and cats was balling
  • Darius
    edited October 2011
    Options
    but a game similar, but even better than this is speedball
  • Hypernova
    Hypernova Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Ultimate frisbee is, indeed, a sport.
  • Darius
    edited October 2011
    Options
    speedball is kinda like ultimate frisbee. similar rules, except that you use a round ball, almost a soccer sized ball. you can advance the ball by playing soccer, and kicking as long as you want, then if you want to throw the ball, you can't pick it up, you have to kick it up to yourself. then catch and throw. and like the frisbee, the person who catches the ball in the hair can either throw it to someone else or try and play soccer and keep kicking towards the goal. and to get a point you either score a regular soccer goal or you can do a dropkick through the field goal posts.
  • a_wack_poster
    a_wack_poster Members Posts: 588 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    for some reason, that infamous bulletball league thread popped in my head when I looked thru here