Most overrated games ever

Options
KINGOFDAARCADE
KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in IllGaming
1. Halo 3 - ok, Halo1 was alright on the original xbox and PC because it had no competition in multiplayer. But now? Halos outdated. Prehistoric. Kind of like a Babe Ruth. Sure he was good back in the day, but he wouldnt be ? against todays competition. That's how I see Halo. Oh.... and Master Chief is a Samus/Metroid ripoff.

2. Assassins Creed 1 and 2 - they both suck yet remain huge sellers. I know a few ppl who bought it and never even played it, or played for a few minutes and then never touched it again. wtf

Comments

• satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Halo Series-never saw what the big deal was about these games, its mostly for kids
    Moderen Warfare Series-i have these and i think they are fun but pple act like its the best game of life.
    GTA series-another series that i love but they are overreated GTA 4 was ill but it still looked like a ps2 game and same mission/gameplay mechanic

cant think of anymore at the moment
  • Dfence
    Dfence Members Posts: 50
    edited May 2010
    Options
    satyrone wrote: »
    GTA series-another series that i love but they are overreated GTA 4 was ill but it still looked like a ps2 game and same mission/gameplay mechanic

definately, i swear every GTA game is built up of the same basic missions: drive car from A to B in time limit, pick up character while shooting people of rival gang,drive back to start with character--thats like a standard GTA mission you know is in everyGTA game just slightly different in each one
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Halo..
    Sonic
    Nba live its been garbage for a lil over 10 years and ? still swear by it..
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Halo
    Call of Duty
    Madden - yeah i said it
  • satyrone
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Halo
    Call of Duty
    Madden - yeah i said it

i was gonna say this too.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    GTA isnt overrated. GTA 3 was groundbreaking on Ps2.

The first real open-world game done right. The first game with drug dealers, prostitutes, killing cops, etc. It absolutely set the bar higher for every other game out there to become as big and indepth as it.

Sure it's lost it's luster after Saints Row and numerous other rip offs. Plus GTAIV was pretty wack IMO since it's just more of the same old ? and they didnt bring anything new to the table, but that just shows how solid GTA 3 was to begin with. Definitely NOT overrated. They need to make it more multiplayer friendly though if they want to remain a popular franchise because that's what ppl are checking for these days.

Call of Duty isnt overrated either. It's pretty much the perfect FPS game. Ultra realistic and deep. Check CoD4 opening week sales. It wasnt a huge blockbuster like MW2. It got popular by word of mouth, which says alot for it.

Assassins Creed on the other hand, got popular by massive advertising campaigns and marketing.
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    satyrone wrote: »
    Halo Series-never saw what the big deal was about these games, its mostly for kids
    Moderen Warfare Series-i have these and i think they are fun but pple act like its the best game of life.

cant think of anymore at the moment

word? that one had the best graphics
  • lurkinassnigga
    lurkinassnigga Members Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Madden
    The Halo series - generic super soldier shooter, although I hear the books are pretty good.
    Final Fantasy 7 - I liked the game and all, but it gets much more praise than it deserves.
  • florida321
    florida321 Members Posts: 60
    edited May 2010
    Options
    GTA. ? clown Mario for being the same when this ? got praised.

But the Most overrated game of all time is Mortal Kombat. I saw through the blood & the ? gameplay stood out like a fine ? in the wnba. Never understood how someone could play that ? .
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    gta isnt overrated but gta4 was wack

i agree that mortal kombat isnt ? special

90% of fps's
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Not hating on the PS3 but Uncharted 2 is most overrated game Ive ever played.

You are trippin..
  • zoomzoomp5
    zoomzoomp5 Members Posts: 609 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Little Big Planet. still dont know wtf you guys are talking about when you praise it.
  • zoomzoomp5
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Not hating on the PS3 but Uncharted 2 is most overrated game Ive ever played.

wha? sure i only played the SP ONCE, but it was and still is a pretty damn good game.
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Borderlands, at least the single player is anyway...
  • satyrone
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Borderlands, at least the single player is anyway...

trippin...i loved this game if anything this game was underrated and overshadowed by MW2. it got released the around the same time MW2 got relased. plus the single player campgin in Borderlands was longer than MW2.
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Halo..
    Sonic
    Nba live its been garbage for a lil over 10 years and ? still swear by it..[/
    QUOTE]

bolded 4 trillness
    sonic aint been good since sega started addin all of those ? ass characters
    live aint been good since '04
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lol@ the hate for halo....I would say bioshock 1 and 2
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Assassin's Creed 2 = piff
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    How's sonic overrated if it been getting ? reviews?

Sonic shouldnt even be mentioned
  • Shyheim
    Shyheim Members Posts: 580
    edited May 2010
    Options

Some of the replies in this thread are hilarious-- GTA, Mortal Kombat, and Uncharted 2 are overrated?

LOL

I agree, GTA IV was boring as ? (Especially near the end of the game where you have to do all the Mafia missions--The ? is this ? , The Godfather?), but both DLC added a lot of ? (back) to the game and made it more fun.

Oh, and the first Saint's Row, while a good game, wasn't competition for any GTA, just like those half-? True Crime games weren't.

Mortal Kombat was never 'rated,' let alone 'overrated.' The series has been getting bashed for not being Street Fighter, Virtua Fighter or Tekken for years now, even though people know if the series was more like one of those franchises, people would ? about that instead of actually giving the game(s) a chance. Midway can't win for losing.

And I won't front, I still play 2 and 3 on occasion, though--Both were/still are good games.

...As for saying Uncharted 2 is overrated--...

D.D.S. wrote: »
    Halo..
    Sonic
    Nba live its been garbage for a lil over 10 years and ? still swear by it..[/
    QUOTE]

bolded 4 trillness
    sonic aint been good since sega started addin all of those ? ass characters

...And ? up the music (now that Michael died, the music'll prolly never be like it was in the first 4 Sonic games [Especially 3]), the camera, the gameplay, the voice acting, the Cutscenes...

As you can see, I could go on and on with this ? . Sonic 4 better be the ? , too--I doubt Sega can stand to strike out with Sonic again...
  • zoomzoomp5
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Someone tell me what was so good about Uncharted 2. Apart from the grapics/colour

well what about the graphics? oh...well then...what about the Navi looking people at the end? best part of the game lol.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Someone tell me what was so good about Uncharted 2. Apart from the grapics/colour

I love summer blockbuster type move and action as well as the environmental changes...going from snow caps...to the jungle....etc.....also I love the stealth kills and puzzle platforming was phenominal IMHO......the multiplayer was only averagre but to me the SP was epic....
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ? of War- it just seemed like a over hyped hack and slash.
    MW2- its ok but def not as good as the first one.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    SP was dope MP umm not so much worth the rent for SP though
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options

The storyline for single player was very well done. I've yet to see another game so far that filled what U2 did in a story line.

(maybe with the exception of HR but that wasn't my type of game)

It was a really really good game, speaking of which I need to go back and finish it on hard. I'm like 1/4 the way through with it on hard lol