What kind of stranglehold does Notre Dame have over NBC execs....

Options
Mister B.
Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
....to keep putting that ? team on primetime EVERY ? week?

LOL @ their ? -up last night. This team isn't even good. And hasn't been since they did Ty Willingham foul. ? them.

Comments

• Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    we hav our own network u mad? and its because ppl will watch Notre Dame football we hav fans across the country....and ? willingham though his daughter is fine as ?
  • Just2C
    Just2C Members Posts: 931 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ND Football is independant and has a exclusive contract with NBC which they have had for years so rather they are good or garbage we are subject to watching them play.

and yes they did Willingham foul. He didnt even get a fair chance.
  • Pusskaveli
    Pusskaveli Members Posts: 1,562
    edited October 2011
    Options
    we hav our own network u mad? and its because ppl will watch Notre Dame football we hav fans across the country....and ? willingham though his daughter is fine as ?

? post her pic
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Pusskaveli wrote: »
    ? post her pic

i aint got pics of the ? ive seen her before...and Willingham was horrible...thats y he got fired frm Washington too with that 0-12 season
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    One of the Main reason why Norte Dame won't join a conference, they have their own network basically. Back in the day the reason why ND was so good is because they were the only team that people got to see Nationwide, which helped with recruiting. Also, they pick who they want to play.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Yeah, but that was like the 40s up to the the 80s.

It's a brand new day now. Networks have too much parity - and WAAY better teams - for NBC to be subjected to just showing them every damn Saturday. Hell, NBC is about to start airing Notre Dame hockey....

I said hockey, ? . Who the ? watches pro hockey when they show it on NBC, let alone college hockey? Let alone NOTRE DAME college hockey?

? 's putrid around here.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    One of the Main reason why Norte Dame won't join a conference, they have their own network basically. Back in the day the reason why ND was so good is because they were the only team that people got to see Nationwide, which helped with recruiting. Also, they pick who they want to play.

Texas has its own network and we are in a major conference...but nd just greedy they want all the compensation
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Just2C wrote: »
    ND Football is independant and has a exclusive contract with NBC which they have had for years so rather they are good or garbage we are subject to watching them play.

assumed this was common knowledge
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Willingham was a terrible coach
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »

he wasnt any worse than Mike Single-throw his players under the bus-tary
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Weiss was far far more, terrible, considering his was given more freedom and more to work with...while equally underachieving

This................

Notre Dame will always have some players that want to be seen on NBC but if NBC was smart they would try to outbid one of these conferences out of there ESPN contract and drop Notre Dame. I cant remember when I last saw a Notre Dame game outside of when they play NAVY. Realy they should go and get the PAC-10 from Fox. Who the ? watch FOX? I only watch if the ESPN game is boring.

I was actually around when Notre Dame was very good. But hell that is all you watched was them. SEC was alright then. Florida and Bama, maybe Florida. LSU would show sometimes but that was the Dinardo years. Notre Dame, Jefferson Pilot sports and ABC games that was it. WE didnt have cable so that is what I watched.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Weiss was far far more, terrible, considering his was given more freedom and more to work with...while equally underachieving

i won't agrue they both were terrible.
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Notre dame is the flagship school, for White America. And that's beyond sports.

So how can you ever wonder this NBC nonsense??....no matter how bad they suck, each year, America is still going to tune in...its like The Kentucky Derby! No matter how bad the horses suck, they still epitomize White Superiorty, so....

Networks will always fight over the contract, to feature them

Seeing as you are so proud of you 100% high school grad rate, you should be proud of Notre Dame. ND has the highest graduations rate of African Americans.
    lamontbdc wrote: »

Yes and worse a terrible recruiter.

Not true, Weis could recruit so he got slack. Willingham brought a recruiting class that was ranked below 50, that was the nail on the coffin. Weis couldn't develop players, but it is hard to fire a coach when you have top 10 recruiting classes.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Seeing as you are so proud of you 100% high school grad rate, you should be proud of Notre Dame. ND has the highest graduations rate of African Americans.

Yes and worse a terrible recruiter.

Not true, Weis could recruit so he got slack. Willingham brought a recruiting class that was ranked below 50, that was the nail on the coffin. Weis couldn't develop players, but it is hard to fire a coach when you have top 10 recruiting classes.

but didnt Ty recruit Quinn Samarja Stoval, Fasano, Zibikowksi etc...
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    lol "goes looking for his 7 straight bowl loss" notre dame shirt

I hate that wack ass school man
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited October 2011
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    but didnt Ty recruit Quinn Samarja Stoval, Fasano, Zibikowksi etc...

I am referring to this class: http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=8&toinid=704&yr=2004

Having a bad season and this class

vs.

Going 3-9 with Weis and bringing in this class: http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=8&toinid=704&yr=2008
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ND been ass cheeks.
    I only watch their games to see the inevitable ? up that will happen to them in their game.