Jets are still takin verbal shots at the chargers after win... lol.

Options
jay83
jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8237325a/article/jets-cromartie-pegs-chargers-as-team-that-cant-finish

"Antonio Cromartie doesn't have much need for the high road when it comes to his former team.

In a classic case of adding insult to injury, Cromartie threw a dagger at the San Diego Chargers following their 27-21 loss to the New York Jets on Sunday.

"When you're up by 11 points in the fourth quarter, and you can't even finish the game up, that shows what kind of team you are: a team that can't finish," said Cromartie, who spent four seasons with the Chargers before coming to the Jets via trade in 2010. "And that's been San Diego the whole time. There it is."

There it is, indeed. While Cromartie isn't wrong that the Chargers have a history of coming up small, perhaps he should be reminded he played a role in the birth of that narrative.

After all, it was Cromartie who infamously shied away from contact on a Shonn Greene touchdown run during the Jets' 17-14 upset of the Chargers in the 2009 AFC Divisional Playoffs. Cromartie also was with San Diego as a rookie in 2006, when a 14-2 Chargers team lost to the New England Patriots in the divisional round.

Spurred on by tight end Randy McMichael's comments that the Jets had less to do with beating the Chargers than the Chargers themselves, other New York players couldn't help but pile on with Cromartie.

"He'll have fun watching the film today, we'll just say that," Jets safety Jim Leonhard said of McMichael. "He didn't really do a whole lot yesterday. He'll have fun."

Added cornerback Darrelle Revis: "Nobody was worried about McMichaels. Whatever his name is. McMichaels, McMichael. I don't know his name."

Leave it to coach Rex Ryan to dish out the best dig: "Stay classy, San Diego."

Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers defended his tight end.

"I think anytime you're up 21-10 at halftime and you lose, you certainly feel like we let it get away from us," Rivers said. "The Jets had something to do with causing it to get away from us, certainly. I'm not speaking for Randy. Randy hates to lose, like all of us do in that locker room. There's not anybody who cares any more than he does. That's how you want it."

"Stay classy San diego." lol.

Comments

• northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Jets aint winning ? for a long time. Talk too much......
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i dont know why but for the past 7-8 years whenever the chargers and jets meet its always been an intriguing matchup, one of the better non divisional rivalry games
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    At least they actually won the game. This Suh/Lions/Falcons ? got me wondering since when do ? talk ? after taking L's?
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    Jets aint winning ? for a long time. Talk too much......

Only humble teams win???
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    At least they actually won the game. This Suh/Lions/Falcons ? got me wondering since when do ? talk ? after taking L's?

now this right here is true irony
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Randy McMichael? I was shocked he was still in the leaugue when I saw him Sunday.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    Randy McMichael? I was shocked he was still in the leaugue when I saw him Sunday.

shocked that a 30 years old tight end who never left the league is still in the league?
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    now this right here is true irony

mjpopcorn.gif...........
  • allied
    edited October 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    shocked that a 30 years old tight end who never left the league is still in the league?

Come on now dude fell of the face of the earth when he left MIA.
  • northside7
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    Only humble teams win???

They talk a lot when they haven't won nothing.
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Cosign the couple of people that noticed the Jets talk an awful lot considering they haven't won ? ....? gettin old, they got an average ass team but talk the most ? ...I'm sick of it.
  • Ekscape
    Ekscape Members Posts: 1,842
    edited October 2011
    Options
    FlyFreeCt wrote: »
    Cosign the couple of people that noticed the Jets talk an awful lot considering they haven't won ? ....? gettin old, they got an average ass team but talk the most ? ...I'm sick of it.

they did make it to the AFC championship game twice in the row; by that logic only the packers should be allowed to talk ? ; I enjoy their trash talk
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Ekscape wrote: »
    they did make it to the AFC championship game twice in the row; by that logic only the packers should be allowed to talk ? ; I enjoy their trash talk

shouldn't that be true though
  • Ekscape
    Ekscape Members Posts: 1,842
    edited October 2011
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote: »
    shouldn't that be true though

yea but where's the fun in that though... I enjoy and welcome any and all trash talk
  • FlyFreeCt
    edited October 2011
    Options

The Jets are a notorious second fiddle team in their own state that just got relevant in the last 2 or 3 years...They haven't won a Super Bowl since Joe Namath and it doesn't matter if they were just in two AFC championship games..they lost....and they have a ? roster aside from like 4 or 5 players, with a offense that is awful to watch.....Some teams just don't have the right to talk ? and the Jets are definitely one of them....They walk around predicting Super Bowls like they got a Super Bowl caliber roster and they don't....Sick of them ? , they suck and only win off other teams mistakes.....You play mistake free football on offense you beat the Jets 100% of the time..
  • tru_m.a.c
    edited October 2011
    Options
    yea but where's the fun in that though... I enjoy and welcome any and all trash talk

eh I guess its not meant to be "fun" per say...but to put things in its proper perspective

I'd rather division opponents/state opponents pop ? cause at least they are fighting for some kind of title
  • allied
    edited October 2011
    Options
    FlyFreeCt wrote: »
    The Jets are a notorious second fiddle team in their own state that just got relevant in the last 2 or 3 years...They haven't won a Super Bowl since Joe Namath and it doesn't matter if they were just in two AFC championship games..they lost....and they have a ? roster aside from like 4 or 5 players, with a offense that is awful to watch.....Some teams just don't have the right to talk ? and the Jets are definitely one of them....They walk around predicting Super Bowls like they got a Super Bowl caliber roster and they don't....Sick of them ? , they suck and only win off other teams mistakes.....You play mistake free football on offense you beat the Jets 100% of the time..

? shut the ? up and stop you ? . You acting like the Jets pop ? to you. ? please the Giants have be medicore ever since they won. You saying the Jets have a ? roster is just nonsense.
  • makaveli03
    makaveli03 Members Posts: 2,392
    edited October 2011
    Options
    jets always win when they talk....only team in the league that can do it and back it up
  • northside7
    edited October 2011
    Options
    makaveli03 wrote: »
    jets always win when they talk....only team in the league that can do it and back it up

Superbowl. Still waiting...
  • greenwood1921
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Superbowl. Still waiting...

Um...

A one William Joseph Namath would like to speak with you about that post.

be forewarned, he's a legendary ? talker.
  • northside7
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Um...

A one William Joseph Namath would like to speak with you about that post.

be forewarned, he's a legendary ? talker.

He[Namath] backed it up. These new jack Jets haven't...
  • greenwood1921
    edited October 2011
    Options
    He[Namath] backed it up. These new jack Jets haven't...

Just sayin. I don't give a fourth of a ? about the jets, but if we gon' talk ? about losing traditions, give credit for other traditions too. All I'm sayin' is that it was a jet that pretty much started this ? -talking ? -- en route to a super bowl win.
  • FlyFreeCt
    edited October 2011
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    ? shut the ? up and stop you ? . You acting like the Jets pop ? to you. ? please the Giants have be medicore ever since they won. You saying the Jets have a ? roster is just nonsense.

? shut yo punk ass up, why the ? you so angry?? I can answer that for you...Cuz ya ? ass squad aint been ? since 1969 and it kills you to be a second rate team in New York....They need to send ya'll ? ass ? to buffalo wit the Bills or some ? ....We've been mediocre??? We were 11-1 in 08 ti'll Plax shot his self and ruined back to back championships...2009 we had the worst D in the league but were still 8-8...and last year we were 10-6...How the ? is that mediocre?? We had the same record as Philly and the Colts... and a better record than a team in the playoffs...Shut the ? up ? ......and if we have been mediocre since then, I rather be mediocre since Super Bowl 42 than Super Bowl 3 Lmao!!!!!!!!! Clown ass ? , don't address me no more..
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ^Damn smh............