Question about the Black and White QB's?

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
Does anyone find it strange that white people (No Racism) always seem to criticize the black mobile QB but never criticize the mobile white QB?

Comments

• cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    icks86 wrote: »

Does anyone find it strange that white people (No Racism) always seem to criticize the black mobile QB but never criticize the mobile white QB?

Read this article and you'll get a better understanding of this.

http://nationalsportsreview.com/sports/us/d-wil/2009/08/13/the-black-quarterback-running-from-the-devil-again/
    And because of Tebow’s success, college coaches around the country are actively searching for white quarterbacks to run the spread-option; a domain that was once an almost all-black quarterback domain. As with most cultural -artistic advancements in America, they originate from black people ———– then are copied, co-opted, and appropriated by whites.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ever notice how nobody hates on really good pure pocket passing black qbs?
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I find it strange there are white QB's playing college football for HBCUs
  • Fly society513
    Fly society513 Members Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »

Damn stop playin
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »

The best one (Warren Moon) was never drafted though.

There are being offered scholarships and taking advantage of the situation presented before them.
    Some may actually get drafted if they "attract" the eyes of scouts.
  • Will Munny
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Damn stop playin

What the ? , they got white kickers too. Man that would suck to be a white kicker at an HBCU. No respect.
  • Darius
    edited October 2011
    Options
    What the ? , they got white kickers too. Man that would suck to be a white kicker at an HBCU. No respect.

damn thats true. i can't imagine a worse positon in sports to be in. except for maybe the starting position of a greco-roman wrestling grapple
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

Tebow routinely gets ? during his time in the NFL in college they were sucking him off.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

They criticize running black QB's that lack accuracy. Not mobile black QB's. Same way a lot of people hate on Tebow. A runner that lacks accuracy.

I think when it comes down to it people dislike QB's that lack accuracy (less than 60% completion), and don't have enough team achievements to compensate.

Vick's completion % 55.8
    Vince Young 57.9%
    Tavaris Jackson 59.6%
    Tebow 48.7

Then there's these players who aren't criticized as badly

Culpepper 63%
    Mcnabb 59% but 5 NFCC games, and 1 SB appearance
    Steve Mcnair 60.1% and SB appearance...even a co-mvp season
    Freeman 59.5% (less than 60 because of his rookie year)
    Newton 60.3

Look at how Cam Newton got his props once he played in the league. Before playing he was talked bad about largely because of accuracy issues. But now he's completing 60% of his passes, and the ? talk about Newton has dropped off a LOT.
  • notme
    notme Members Posts: 233 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

Totally Untrue
  • notme
    edited October 2011
    Options
    They criticize running black QB's that lack accuracy. Not mobile black QB's. Same way a lot of people hate on Tebow. A runner that lacks accuracy.

I think when it comes down to it people dislike QB's that lack accuracy (less than 60% completion), and don't have enough team achievements to compensate.

Vick's completion % 55.8
    Vince Young 57.9%
    Tavaris Jackson 59.6%
    Tebow 48.7

Then there's these players who aren't criticized as badly

Culpepper 63%
    Mcnabb 59% but 5 NFCC games, and 1 SB appearance
    Steve Mcnair 60.1% and SB appearance...even a co-mvp season
    Freeman 59.5% (less than 60 because of his rookie year)
    Newton 60.3

Look at how Cam Newton got his props once he played in the league. Before playing he was talked bad about largely because of accuracy issues. But now he's completing 60% of his passes, and the ? talk about Newton has dropped off a LOT.

You don't watch a lot of sports do you? The reason why I ask is because no one brings up "numbers" unless they want to prove a point that does not have a lot of merit. Completion percentage is solely determined by the QB nor is it a tell-tale sign of accurate a QB is or can be. And FYI, Cam isn't getting enough props. If he Andy Dalton or Tebow was making the plays that he is making, they would have restructured their deals already....LOL
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Nothing new..

but Kordell was going of the other day and rightfully so..

Now all the sudden is.. He shouldnt have to conform!.. and change his game.. or goto Wideout or whathaveyou. Now its lets play to his strenghts dont change his game.. Dont force him to be orthodox.. all ? i happen to agree with.. But alot of similiar folk werent given that chance.. that long of a chance and possibly as many chances Tebow may get
  • bow to royalty
    edited October 2011
    Options
    notme wrote: »
    You don't watch a lot of sports do you? The reason why I ask is because no one brings up "numbers" unless they want to prove a point that does not have a lot of merit. Completion percentage is solely determined by the QB nor is it a tell-tale sign of accurate a QB is or can be. And FYI, Cam isn't getting enough props. If he Andy Dalton or Tebow was making the plays that he is making, they would have restructured their deals already....LOL

People say numbers are weak so they can make a claim that can't be proven or disproven. The definition of not having a lot of merit. But like I said, even if you aren't completing 60%, your team success can make up for it. No stats there...simple as winning. Those guys haven't had the team success to get a pass.

And Cam's gettin his props. He's thrown 8 TD's and 9 INT. He's run for 7 TD's but his running ability was never in question. But more INT than TD's is only gonna bring you so much praise, especially when your team only has 2 wins.

Funny how ? only talk ? about stats when it's against their views. If they think a dude's the best RB in the league, and he's the league's a leading rusher BET they'd bring it up. If they think a dude's the the best QB, and he's leadin the league in TD's and completing a high % of passes BET they bring it up.
  • notme
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Nothing new..

but Kordell was going of the other day and rightfully so..

Now all the sudden is.. He shouldnt have to conform!.. and change his game.. or goto Wideout or whathaveyou. Now its lets play to his strenghts dont change his game.. Dont force him to be orthodox.. all ? i happen to agree with.. But alot of similiar folk werent given that chance.. that long of a chance and possibly as many chances Tebow may get

Truth in this statement right here
  • Darius
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Totally Untrue

name names then
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Cam not getting enough Props???? What Sport Channels are you people watching???
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

you shouldn't. To a point many black athletes themselves look down on playing for HBCU's
  • Will Munny
    edited October 2011
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    you shouldn't. To a point many black athletes themselves look down on playing for HBCU's

I wasn't being serious. I was just being a rude ? .
  • notme
    edited October 2011
    Options
    name names then

Warren Moon

D Mac

J. Campbell

McNair

Garrard

That's just off the top of my head..
  • notme
    edited October 2011
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Cam not getting enough Props???? What Sport Channels are you people watching???

Nope. Not nearly enough. He mainly just silenced the naysayers. The plays he is making as a rookie QB are unprecedented in the last 10 -15 years. I don't need numbers to make an argument because numbers never tell the true story. But he does have the most touchdowns in the league sans Brady, and is like 5th in total passing yards midway during his rookie campaign. Lets see what A. Luck is looking like this time next year. More than likely he won't even see the field until year 2 because the establishment knows better. Yall act light Carolina was .500 last year or something when they only won 2 games. Carolina is 2-5 because I can get out there and run for 88 yards and a TD on there front 7, not because of Cam.
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Carson palmer,and other white QBs can ? up all they want but let one black QB have a few bad games,they will clown him
  • ibedamned
    ibedamned Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Warren Moon

D Mac

J. Campbell

McNair

Garrard

That's just off the top of my head..

The ? you named here get mostly postive comments from the press. McNabb is playin like a broad over the course of the last three years so he deserves to be ridiculed. McNair was loved because he was so ? tough. J cambell, come on dude, im a raiders fan, nobody, outside of DC (where I live) is hatin on that man. Hes the most pedestrian qb out. Garrard got ? on by his team, but his critiques were usually fair. Your reaching my nig
  • bow to royalty
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Nope. Not nearly enough. He mainly just silenced the naysayers. The plays he is making as a rookie QB are unprecedented in the last 10 -15 years. I don't need numbers to make an argument because numbers never tell the true story. But he does have the most touchdowns in the league sans Brady, and is like 5th in total passing yards midway during his rookie campaign. Lets see what A. Luck is looking like this time next year. More than likely he won't even see the field until year 2 because the establishment knows better. Yall act light Carolina was .500 last year or something when they only won 2 games. Carolina is 2-5 because I can get out there and run for 88 yards and a TD on there front 7, not because of Cam.

He's losing and turning the ball over a lot. How much do you think he's gonna get talked about? And he was getting a LOT of praise earlier in the season. Look at all the teams with 2 wins after 7 games, more INT than TD's thrown, and tell me which of their QB's are getting a lot of praise? This isn't a Cam Newton thing. It's a more INT than TD's (throwing), and losin twice as much as you win thing.
  • notme
    edited October 2011
    Options
    He's losing and turning the ball over a lot. How much do you think he's gonna get talked about? And he was getting a LOT of praise earlier in the season. Look at all the teams with 2 wins after 7 games, more INT than TD's thrown, and tell me which of their QB's are getting a lot of praise? This isn't a Cam Newton thing. It's a more INT than TD's (throwing), and losin twice as much as you win thing.

You and others are making it a Cam Newton thing by not giving him his dues. The 2-5 loss record is a Carolina thing, not a Cam thing, but people will solely place the blame on him. He is a victim of his own greatness. Yall act like 7-8 of those pics didn't come in 2 games. Yall act like 4 of them 7 losses weren't from top 8 teams or better. Yall actin light Carolina wasn't competing in every game(because of the plays Cam was making), which is a far cry from how they were performing last year. Oh yeah, 16 tds is 16 tds no matter how you put it. If Brady could run like that it would be a statue of him in New York Harbor. This is reminding me of old white guys who respect the jumpshot more than a dunk, and who use to compalin about negroes not being pure jump shooters...LOL
  • notme
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ibedamned wrote: »
    The ? you named here get mostly postive comments from the press. McNabb is playin like a broad over the course of the last three years so he deserves to be ridiculed. McNair was loved because he was so ? tough. J cambell, come on dude, im a raiders fan, nobody, outside of DC (where I live) is hatin on that man. Hes the most pedestrian qb out. Garrard got ? on by his team, but his critiques were usually fair. Your reaching my nig

Not really reachin..But I'll respond to this later