MW vs MW2

Options
KINGOFDAARCADE
KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in IllGaming
What game do you like better?

I find a huge difference in the multiplayer. Mostly due to the killstreaks and weapon changes. I actually prefer the original MW. The maps are way better, and less noobtubing, no ? nukes or chopper gunners. No commando nonsense. Its an all around better shooter.

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I've never personally played MW1 but been a "viewer" of it and playing MW2 I say MW2 is better.

Noob-Tubing is annoying but eh, it's gotten to a lesser degree now. Once I find out they're doing that, I keep distance and pick 'em off. I hear complaint about perks but since I never played the 1st one I don't know the differences. I love the chopper gunner. Nukes are BS though, I've been in games where a nuke has taken place with 2 minutes, fastest I played in was like a minute or so.
  • W!Z G
    W!Z G Members Posts: 170 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Modern Warfare 1 easy its just overall better than MW2
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited May 2010
    Options
    For me it comes down to a few things.

-The maps. MW2 has some atrocious maps. Estate and Derail come to mind.

-The perks. Commando is ? .

-The killstreaks. It's way too easy to get a PaveLow/AC130/Chopper Gunner. Basically all you need is Hardline and 6 kills, then the Harrier will do the rest for you. Spawn, death by chopper gunner, spawn, death by chopper gunner.... that isn't fun, and I'm not giving up my secondary for a Launcher.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    MW1 is waaaaaaaay better, I played that ? a year & a half straight, MW2 got play for 2 & a half weeks, ? is ass
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited May 2010
    Options
    This is a load of ? .

If you play with real gamers, their will always be atleast one person on the team ready to take out killstreaks. So that is not a problem.

You will never know what its like to play MW/2 until you actually play it on xbox or PC.

LOL@"Real Gamers"

Once again proving you're a flaming homosexual ? .

Your statement isn't true at all. If it were, nukes would be wayyyy less common than they currently are.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    This is a load of ? .

If you play with real gamers, their will always be atleast one person on the team ready to take out killstreaks. So that is not a problem.

You will never know what its like to play MW/2 until you actually play it on xbox or PC.

you realize how ignorant that sounds?
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yes.

Im just trying to get on his level.

And everyone knows MW is better on the xbox.

you mean 360 owners.
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Stopped playing MW2 about a month after i got it.......... stopped playing MW1 about a yr and a half after i got it..........
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yes.

Im just trying to get on his level.

And everyone knows MW is better on the xbox.

I can understand if one system has glitches or problems, but to say it is better on one console over another for no reason is dumb. Like the guy that said some time ago that being good on the PS3 is not saying anything compared to being good on 360 simply because there are more people playing it on 360 and "have better competition". Same way there are more people, then his w/l ratio can come down to playing against more lacklustre or average and awful people playing on XBL.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    deeroc22 wrote: »
    Stopped playing MW2 about a month after i got it.......... stopped playing MW1 about a yr and a half after i got it..........

Pretty much
  • joshuaboy
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I do have a reason.

Xbox Live is better than the PSN.

And XBL has like twice as many players.

And what percentage of that twice as many players are great or superb players to merit it as having the best players?
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Im not sure about this.

But surely more players means more chance of skilled players.

LOL@This ? idiot still spewing ? .

MW2 sold 10m on 360, 7m on PS3.

That's not "twice as many". Do the math ? . And not everyone with a 360 has Live btw.

Here's another fact. More players means more chance of LESS skilled players as well. Jesus Christ you are not an intelligent human being at all. Im actually offended that you consider yourself to be the same species as the rest of us.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lol, your supposed to be the troll and you get so heated over a computer game. HAHA! Your pathetic son.

Did you notice how I said "Im not sure about this"

You try so hard at upsetting 360 gamers and I say one thing and you bite like a little ? .

You lost, son.

Except I'm not heated at all. This is the way I always speak to lower-status individuals like you.

Look kid. I'm stating facts. You're pulling random numbers and hearsay out of your ass. If you consider that a W, your IQ may be even lower than Vibe's.
  • joshuaboy
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Im not sure about this.

But surely more players means more chance of skilled players.

Just as much a possibility of more mediocre players too, like myself. lol
  • joshuaboy
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Except I'm not heated at all. This is the way I always speak to lower-status individuals like you.

Look kid. I'm stating facts. You're pulling random numbers and hearsay out of your ass. If you consider that a W, your IQ may be even lower than Vibe's.

lol lol, my boy can't catch a break. lol
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You obviously dont know what an IQ is.

lol @ you stating facts. We've all seen your anti-xbox threads. Thats why I never take any of your threads seriously.

Stay livid, son.

LOL. This guy is like a woman. Thinking with his emotions and completely disregarding the truth/logic/factual.

I have it on both systems. I got it a week early on 360 for free, and bought it on Ps3 since thats where most my friends play. There's zero difference between the games. Someone (mightve been you) said theres a difference in players skill. This person was obviously an idiot, as they stated they played it on Ps3 AFTER they already had it on 360, and therefore had already learnt the maps/guns/etc. before playing on Ps3 but not on 360. Im sure if I started a new user name my K/D ratio would be way higher on it on too because I wouldnt have all those deaths from when I was a noob.

Let's recap here Beetlejuice. You said MW2 on 360 has "twice as many" players. I countered with a fact that made your claim look silly. Your rebuttle was a fabricated "HAHA!" that was faker than Cody's in SSFIV

You also said
    b-b-b-b-b-but theres more players on 360, so there must be more skilled players there. Simple logic would tell you that would mean there's also more LESS skilled players there as well. LOL@you thinking you gotta be some sort of professional elite gamer to be on XBL. $100 on ebay and any schmuck can be playing that ? on XBL. The ? outta here ? .

You lose.
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    what did mw1 have instead of killstreaks ???

i copped mw1 before mw2 but did'nt really get into all that much, i think i only clocked 6 hours or so...but i remember it being pretty good, i thought killzone multiplayer was a lil better tho....

i probably preffered the mw1 single player more than the multiplayer tbh...

but mw2 seems to have better maps (@ threadstarter....derail is one of the best maps), n from what i can rememeber its more fun to...but that might be because its newer so i had more incentive to play...

im'a go out on a limb n say mw2 is the greatest next gen i've played so far, n the game i've spent the most hours on, n easily the most addictive...killzone 2 was my ? also..mw2 pretty much has everything i look for in a game tho.
  • One Spliff
    edited May 2010
    Options
    LOL. This guy is like a woman. Thinking with his emotions and completely disregarding the truth/logic/factual.

I have it on both systems. I got it a week early on 360 for free, and bought it on Ps3 since thats where most my friends play. There's zero difference between the games. Someone (mightve been you) said theres a difference in players skill. This person was obviously an idiot, as they stated they played it on Ps3 AFTER they already had it on 360, and therefore had already learnt the maps/guns/etc. before playing on Ps3 but not on 360. Im sure if I started a new user name my K/D ratio would be way higher on it on too because I wouldnt have all those deaths from when I was a noob.

Let's recap here Beetlejuice. You said MW2 on 360 has "twice as many" players. I countered with a fact that made your claim look silly. Your rebuttle was a fabricated "HAHA!" that was faker than Cody's in SSFIV

You also said
    b-b-b-b-b-but theres more players on 360, so there must be more skilled players there. Simple logic would tell you that would mean there's also more LESS skilled players there as well. LOL@you thinking you gotta be some sort of professional elite gamer to be on XBL. $100 on ebay and any schmuck can be playing that ? on XBL. The ? outta here ? .

You lose.

this is true...

if i made a new acc a few months ago...my ratio wid be sumwhere between 1.75 - 2.25 easily...its 1.4 right now...which i got up all the way up from like 0.7 or wateva it was bk in my n00b days...

the most fun thing about mw2 is growing from a n00b to a beast...
  • One Spliff
    edited May 2010
    Options

lmaoooooooooooooooo

when did u make this post ?...u probably got ? last night after ya victory n came on the IC n started talking ? ...

well done btw...cardiff might just make it to the prem.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Sorry man, I dont read rants.

LMAO. That's the female mentality right there. A logical rational male would be able to read that and take it. A women would be too boggled by it and go do her nails. "ZOMG All this data is confusing me!!" bahaha

Karl is a Girly boy
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited May 2010
    Options

And hear is my reason for saying it was better on 360.

The fact does remain that XBL is better than PSN.

The estrogen is your system is strong young lad.

You can't even differentiate opinion from fact. Nor have you listed one reason how XBL makes playing the game better than on PSN. The only reason you gave was a made-up half assed "it has twice as many players" which is a flat out lie.... and also there's only 12 players in most matches so it shouldnt matter how many ppl are online so long as you can consistently find matches. I never had a problem with that on either system.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    lol lol, my boy can't catch a break. lol

? , tell me about it lol

I find it funny though, I laugh along with everyone else.
  • One Spliff
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Lmao, thats exactly what I did. I know how heated this kid gets from little one liners like that.

Yeah! thanks, man. That game was nerve racking as hell. Im going to get my ticket for Wembley tomorrow.

Hopefully be playing the mighty Chelsea next season!

mighty indeed