Official Red Dead Redemption game discussion

Options
Blue Virgo
Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in IllGaming
Is anyone checking for this game?
A few posters have told me that I should get it to ride horses and ? innocent people. =~(*

Anyone know some good things the game has to offer? I'm a L4D/L4D2 gal, and it has to be something really special to compete with that game.

Comments

• Got Em Shook
    Got Em Shook Members Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    we'll if you like rockstar games like the GTA series its very similar to that but western style and I heard you get a bigger area to free roam in
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I didn't really like GTA that much. I could never understand exactly what I was supposed to be doing. Then, when I played with a couple of posters, all they did was ? me. =~(*
  • EscoHovNyGo
    EscoHovNyGo Members Posts: 632
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I've been a rockstar games enthusiast ever since gtaIII on ps2 .. They make solid games, Ima cop for $20 at this gamestop across from my college.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm most def coppin....I might go to my very first midnight release since I have 15 dollas in redzone coupons....
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'll be getting this for the PS3. PSN - Canibuss
  • shizza
    shizza Members Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Ive been sleeping on this game... Its made by Rockstar Games, comes out on the 18th i think. Ive been seeing like 2 minute commmercials of it on tv like every hour on tv.. i had to check it out.

Real talk its better that GTA
  • shizza
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • shizza
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • shizza
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • themadlionsfan
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lets wait until it drops before we decide its better than GTA......well since GTA 4 was a flop I will go out on a limb and say RDR is better than GTA4.... RDR will be available on the 18th
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    copping @ midnight RD Revolver was one of my fav ps2 games
  • themadlionsfan
    edited May 2010
    Options
    copping @ midnight RD Revolver was one of my fav ps2 games

you must work at game stop then.....because Best Buy isn't doing any midnight releases
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    .. Let the game come out first.. with that said i think it wil have me totally immersed in it... if they dont ? the TRE.. i already got a playlist in my head.. and its coming via amazon release day
  • themadlionsfan
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Red Dead Redemption PS3 Gets Exclusive Content
    New outfit and gang hideout access only available on PlayStation 3.
    May 14, 2010
    by Jim ReillyLATEST IMAGES

View all 147 images »
    LATEST VIDEO

View all 16 videos »
    Copies of Red Dead Redemption that recently shipped to retailers confirm PlayStation 3 versions in North America will include extra content.

PS3 owners will be getting access to "Solomon's Folly Gang Hideout" and the "Walton Gang Outfit," according to photos posted on IGN's forums by user Old_BenKenobi. Rockstar has not officially announced this content, so we can't say for sure what it all includes exactly.

Red Dead Redemption is set for release in North America this coming Tuesday, May 18, for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    As much as I tried to ignore it, Ive been hearing nothing but good things about this game. I may just have to cop this one.
  • shizza
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Not that it matters but IGN's Review is out and it got a 9.7.. Im kinda upset i literally looked into this game like 5 days ago.. Im definitely coppin
  • Shyheim
    Shyheim Members Posts: 580
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lets wait until it drops before we decide its better than GTA......well since GTA 4 was a flop I will go out on a limb and say RDR is better than GTA4.... RDR will be available on the 18th

...Over 15 million sold and more than 500 Mil in revenue for a game that cost 100 million to make is a 'flop?'
  • themadlionsfan
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Shyheim wrote: »
    ...Over 15 million sold and more than 500 Mil in revenue for a game that cost 100 million to make is a 'flop?'

I'm talkin quality wise....not sales wise....the story is flop.....when it comes to sales you know GTA is gonna sell.....and rightfully so.....it has been a damn good series,,,,,I just wasn't feelin the story of GTA4.....thats why I say it was a flop
  • Shyheim
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm talkin quality wise....not sales wise....the story is flop.....when it comes to sales you know GTA is gonna sell.....and rightfully so.....it has been a damn good series,,,,,I just wasn't feelin the story of GTA4.....thats why I say it was a flop

...I see. The way you worded it, it sounded like you were saying the game was a sales flop.

But yeah, I kinda see what you mean in terms of the story/1-Player mode--Like I said in another thread, I wasn't feeling a lot of the Mafia missions that led up to the end. I know they were satirizing Jersey, The Sopranos, etc., but still--I hated damn near all those missions...
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I agree with you. GTAIV was a hug let down compared to previous installments. Thats why I haven't even given Episodes from LC a chance as yet.
  • Shyheim
    edited May 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    I agree with you. GTAIV was a hug let down compared to previous installments. Thats why I haven't even given Episodes from LC a chance as yet.

...You sayin' you agree with me, or themadlionsfan?

As for EFLC, I suggest you try it--They pretty much addressed/fixed all the problems people had with GTA IV, from there not being anything to do between missions/After you beat the game, to having the best Weapons, Vehicles, Friend Abilities etc. available to you from the beginning.

I could go on, but you get the idea...
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    just finding out about it is better. i found out about it about 40 days ago or so and it was annoying as ? to know it was gonna be so good all the way back then. i got it at midnight.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    early impressions.. no spoil ill have this joint at 3 ish
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    havent put it in yet, im waiting on a friend, we'll just ? around in Free Roam for a bit. guarantee it'll be goat.

basically if you liked GTA, youll like this. and if you hated GTA, its a slim chance you'd like this. its GTA but a little more fluid, obviously different setting, different variety of activities to do in single player and in MP.

its like GTA 4.5, from what ive seen, but that might be short-selling it.
  • Terrorist_Jones
    Terrorist_Jones Banned Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    just played single player mode ,, now im finna hop online . were u ? at?