Do you think the bond between mother and child is stronger ?

Options
7figz
7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
(vs the bond between father and child)

You know how people act like this is automatic - what yall think ?

Comments

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Depends on which parent touches them inappropriately the least.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
  • Hypernova
    Hypernova Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    No, it's not automatic or predetermined
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    King Drew wrote: »
    Depends on which parent touches them inappropriately the least.
    Or the most, in some cases.
  • NYCeeCee
    NYCeeCee Members Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The bond between mother and child NOT being the strongest is an exception.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    NYCeeCee wrote: »
    The bond between mother and child NOT being the strongest is an exception.

So yes ? Explain.
  • NYCeeCee
    edited October 2011
    Options
    7fIG wrote: »
    So yes ? Explain.

I actually hesitated to comment in this thread because I can't explain it, LOL! I grew up with my Dad in my life and my daughter is growing up with her Dad in her life. There's just something about the bond between a mother and child. I don't know if it's because we carry them or what. You got me there.
  • mryounggun
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I'd actually say it's just a different kind of bond, rather than one being stronger than the other.
  • NYCeeCee
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ^^ good point. I think the bond between mother and child is just more visible.
  • mryounggun
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ^^ good point. I think the bond between mother and child is just more visible.

Right. I can definitely agree with that. I think that part goes back to what you were saying about the kid actually growing inside the mother.
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Most of the time the mother is doing the majority of the rearing, so I would say yes.
  • thekillingjoke
    thekillingjoke Members Posts: 429
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Depends on the bonding experience of the mother and child. Some folks didn't get that bond with their mother cause the moms was out doing drugs, neglectful, ? , etc. It's all based on individual experience, and should never be a general assumption.
  • gorilla
    gorilla Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    No. Kids are brain washed to believe mommy loves them more.

The child is going to love which ever parent gives them the kind of love they want. Some times it's both, sometimes they lean more toward one or the other. I just can't get down with the whole 9 month in the ? thing= stronger love anymore seeing as how so many women will toss a newborn in the trash or murk them later on or on the flip side a kid becomes a teen and wishes death mommys ass.
  • Esiam
    Esiam Banned Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    It depends on the parents, I have a stronger bond with my mother than I do my father, he wasn't really there for me when I grew up, he was on some "you raise the kids I make the money" type of ? ...

So yeah it all depends on the parent, nothing comes "automaticly"
  • NYCeeCee
    edited October 2011
    Options
    gorilla and thekillingjoke, you guys are talking about the exception. LOL! We're speaking in general here. What % of Mothers ? their kids? What % of Moms are out doing drugs and turning tricks?
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    gorilla and thekillingjoke, you guys are talking about the exception. LOL! We're speaking in general here. What % of Mothers ? their kids? What % of Moms are out doing drugs and turning tricks?

do you really wanna know the answer to that?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    Options
    gorilla wrote: »
    No. Kids are brain washed to believe mommy loves them more.

The child is going to love which ever parent gives them the kind of love they want. Some times it's both, sometimes they lean more toward one or the other. I just can't get down with the whole 9 month in the ? thing= stronger love anymore seeing as how so many women will toss a newborn in the trash or murk them later on or on the flip side a kid becomes a teen and wishes death mommys ass.

the bold...it really boils down to that child's individual experiences...I have friends who have great relationships with one parent, and horrible with another while their siblings may get along w/ the parent they don't like...the bond between mother/child is strong, but it's not something that's instant upon pregnancy or birth for all women...how the parents actually raise the child will be a stronger determining factor than simply who carry's the child
  • NYCeeCee
    edited October 2011
    Options
    @ Already Home^^ Yes, Sir, I do
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    Options

in general, it's not something you can say mothers have a stronger bond over the father...even with 2 good parents, a child will usually be closest to the parent they're most like whether it be mommy or daddy...
  • thekillingjoke
    thekillingjoke Members Posts: 429
    edited October 2011
    Options

I said depends on the bonding between the mother and child. Something like the bond between mother and child should never be general and automatically happens. You know many mothers experience post-partum depression and feel no connection with their child after the birth. You can say for the most part that there is a stronger bond between mother and child.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    It depends on the child.

I would have said I have a closer bond with my father until other things got in the way.

My son right now would rather be with me than my wife. '

My daughter is totally different.

My wife and brother in law on the other hand would rather be with their mother. But that is only because their father wasnt close to them after the divorce.

So alot goes into figuring out the bond thing. The situation and the person.
  • twinzmom
    twinzmom Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I think in general Mother's have a stronger connection/bond with the kids than the father does.

But kids have or try to build a stronger connection with dad because they think/know mom will always be there.
  • mryounggun
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Yeah, I'll need to see some proof on this one. ? is in here talking like they just watched a documentary and ? . Lol. You'd be hard pressed to convince me that the bond between a child and any one parent is stronger than the bond between the child and the other parent, all other things being equal.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    @ Already Home^^ Yes, Sir, I do

this is was made in 2010

"The cases shock us: Andrea Yates drowning her five
    children in the bathroom of her suburban Houston
    home, Susan Smith letting her car roll into a South
    Carolina lake with her two sons strapped into their
    car seats.

But mothers ? their children more often than many
    people realize.

One study by the American Anthropological
    Association put the number at more than 200 cases
    each year in the U.S."

http://www.pace.edu/lawschool/files/archiveinthenews/LoHud-Pagli%20Murder-2-28-10.pdf