Did Every1 Forget Jay-Z & R.Kelly dropped 2 albums together???

Options
13»

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Ya ? was in middle school and I was in my late teens/about to enter my 20s working nyc clubs and record stores.

This was a colossal dissappointment and people only tried to save face till Jigga himself disowned it shortly after. Only song that ever got any burn off this ? in NYC clubs and parties was Body. Not even Get This Money caught on like they wanted it to. And believe me Flex tried.

? was trying to make it happen by bumping it in their whips. That lasted like a week then when they saw their girl wasn't with it they moved on.

03 Bonnie and Clyde and Excuse Me Miss saved Jay on the party scene that year. Those were his bounce backs but that period between Ether and Blueprint 2 he was hurting for hits of his own and that was when 50, Dipset and them really was getting these NY streets like that.

I heard Jay more on Scarface, Free and Cam songs that year in the streets and nightlife scene than anything off this album. Which is crazy cause this was the most mainstream of them all. Straight dud and the so callled reunion in '04 was a mistake from the get.

The combination of a mediocre package of content coupled with the Kellz controversy destroyed it damn near immediately. Didn't even become a cult classic just another failed vanity project.

It's crazy how people try to make this ? seem hotter than it actually was retroactively lmao
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What killed the 1st album's buzz was the sex tape ? . The 2nd album was a disaster. This ? was just a money grab, straight up.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thread made me break out the R Kelly albums
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackgotty wrote: »
    2 good party albums ...they werent bad
    its clear that they didnt even believe in the project even before the beef .Why let the trackmasters handle the whole project

I believe it was the trackmasters idea for them to make the album, I believe they were working w both artist heavy separately at the time
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarthRozay wrote: »
    The Recipe wrote: »
    For all the Hip Hop historians remember Unfinished Business was actually supposed to be Birdman and R Kelly, Birdman previewed one of the songs on a MTV cribs tour 6 months later that same song was released ft Jay Z.

Didn't Kellz say the album was supposed to be him and back in the mid-90's too? or at least he had an idea of doing a collab album with pac

"Kelly recalls a 1996 meeting with 'Pac in front of a hotel frequented by rappers and other music industry types. He says they planned to release a collaborative album at that meeting, but the idea came to a tragic end after Shakur was murdered later that year."

http://www.mtv.com/news/1688510/r-kelly-soulacoaster-best-of-both-worlds/
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
  • Nechesh358
    Nechesh358 Members Posts: 276 ✭✭
    Options
    jayz is my 2nd fav MC but he got a handful of albums i dont ? with..including both of these.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Kellz: "Chilling N my 4.6 @ da light! / 5 O' Clock N da morning been drinking all night and uhhh!"
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if you had to ask then you answer your own question im just saying
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didnt kellz get his ass whooped by Jay's entourage while on tour for the 2nd album?

I seen to remember pepper spray and a stun gun?

From my recollection, they were touring to promote the album and there were some gang members in the audience throwing up gang signs. Kells got shook and walked off stage.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't Ty Ty mace R. Kelly?

The mental image of that scenario is funny as ? .
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1st one was decent
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man look Naked is one of the greatest songs ever written for that alone Best of Both Worlds should be cherished
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo I just realized this thread was from 2010 lmao
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    That intro would get me hyped before games

I eat ether and breathe acid weak ?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Man they go and tell me like
    You never know who your true friends until you ah umm
    Both got a little bit of money
    I mean cause yall both broke
    Then theres no strain on the relationship yall both broke
    And if you got money and he aint got no paper
    He still needs you so youll never know how he really feel about you
    When yall both get some paper youll see

Stop through the hood to say whats happenin? (sup ? )
    Fake hugs (uh huh) fake whassup
    Fake love, fake ? , fake thugs
    Gotta warn myself for your fake ? I raise up
    Hop in my wheels and I peel streets are blazed up (uh huh)
    About my bid'ness dog, yall ? stay up - one

A- Alike
    Be alike
    We don't vibe no more because we don't C/see alike