? Southern rappers are naturally less Conscious...dont be so hard on them ?

Options
hrap-120
hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in The Reason
After emancipation the skilled and educated moved East, Midwest, and West...the poor uneducated sharecroppers were left behind, and then they bred....

The East-Coast had Consciousness movements from great men like Marcus Garvey, Malcolm X, , Charles 13X, and even Father Divine....(Rakim, Nas, Wu-Tang, X-clan)

The Midwest had Consciousness movements from great men like Nobel Drew Ali, Fard Muhammad, Elijah Muhammad, Fred Hampton, George Jackson, and even.... Jeff Fort..... (Common, Kanye, Blackthought)

The West-coast had Consciousness movements from great men like Huey P. Newton, Bunchy Carter, and even Ron Karenga.....(Tupac, Paris, The Coup, )

The South has never had a man or a movement that promoted Knowledge-of-Self, economic-empowerment, social-consciousness, or cultural awareness...their few movements were about integration and assimilation...... (Gucci Mane, Birdman, Crunchy Black)
The East-coast's Talib Kweli is the son of a Black panther and it shows in his music

The Midwest's Lupe Fiasco & Kanye West are the son's of Black panther's and it shows in their music

The West-coast's Tupac Shakur was the son of a Black panther and it showed in his music

The South dosent have any son's of Black Panther's and it shows in their music......

The Nation of Islam, The Moorish Science Temple, Us organization, the Black Panthers, the 5% Nation of Gods & Earths, MOVE, and the Craft ........their influence was lost on the South and it shows in their music.

Im sick and tired of you people dissing the South because the majority of their rappers sound like illiterate pickaninnies, its not their fault that they never had movements that stressed the importance of Knowledge Wisdom & Understanding...dey rap about whut dey know about and da ? 's and white-folks buy it. So quit "hatin"....

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »

The South has never had a man or a movement that promoted Knowledge-of-Self, economic-empowerment, social-consciousness, or cultural awareness...their few movements were about integration and assimilation...... (Gucci Mane, Birdman, Crunchy Black)

What about Outkast, Goodie Mob, Witchdoctor, Killer Mike, Cunninlynguist, Little Brother? U know them?
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    Yungin T. Jeezie Members Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    wack thread & Crunchy Black will rob your out of your shoes
  • KarolinaKid
    KarolinaKid Members Posts: 203
    edited May 2010
    Options
    hlf wrote: »
    What about Outkast, Goodie Mob, Witchdoctor, Killer Mike, Cunninlynguist, Little Brother? U know them?

thats why i cant take this thread serious
    Cee lo & outkast>>>>>>>>conscious rapper from the east
  • hrap-120
    edited May 2010
    Options

3-stacks is a beast Big Boi flopped and should stick to sellin' pit-bulls...lyrically coo but not much substance on social commentary...(plus he worre a blonde wig and a dress)

Goodie Mobb
    had one good album and then fell off (Plus Cee-lo wore a blonde wig and a dress)

Witchdoctor "come on son"

Killer Mike a monster but wont get any support from the south because he aint a D-boy

Cunnylynguist south dont support them cant even sell 100,000 copies...did a duet with E-40 made me ?

Little brother one of my fav's 9th wonder is Pete Rock w/ fruity-loops Phontae is an animal Big Pooh is aiight

Yeah I know them and they get no love in their own region and half the emcees you named were Dungeon Family....dont be so hard on them.
  • Stew
    edited May 2010
    Options
    3-stacks is a beast Big Boi flopped and should stick to sellin' pit-bulls...lyrically coo but not much substance on social commentary...(plus he worre a blonde wig and a dress)

Goodie Mobb
    had one good album and then fell off (Plus Cee-lo wore a blonde wig and a dress)

Killer Mike a monster but wont get any support from the south because he aint a D-boy

Cunnylynguist south dont support them cant even sell 100,000 copies...did a duet with E-40 made me ?

Little brother one of my fav's 9th wonder is Pete Rock w/ fruity-loops Phontae is an animal Big Pooh is aiight

Yeah I know them and they get no love in their own region and half the emcees you named were Dungeon Family....dont be so hard on them.

lol You trying so hard you forgot what your own thread was about. LAUCE
  • hrap-120
    edited May 2010
    Options
    thats why i cant take this thread serious
    Cee lo & outkast>>>>>>>>conscious rapper from the east
    I want to take you serious but this picture......Attachment not found...? look all romantic...

I cant think of any conscious artist from another coast that dresses in womens clothes...

Attachment not found.

Consciousness in the south means surrendering your manhood???
  • KarolinaKid
    edited May 2010
    Options

Goodie Mobb

when did big boi drop a album to flop??? smh this thread is a fail first u say the south has no conscious rappers then wen u are showed a list of em that are better then the list u had for the east u say stupid stuff like "big boi flopped(on a album dat hasnt been released yet?) or cee-lo wore a wig(lyrically he'll demolish yo fav eastcoast rapper with or without the wig, and then u have the audacity to say we dont suport our artist????? smfh
  • hrap-120
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lol You trying so hard you forgot what your own thread was about. LAUCE
    Im not even trying hard, if I was id be asking why labron is ? ' my money off and Boston is doing the do....can you comprehend??

LOL you trying so hard you forgot what this thread was about LAUCE.
  • KarolinaKid
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I want to take you serious but this picture......Attachment not found...? look all romantic...

I cant think of any conscious artist from another coast that dresses in womens clothes...

Attachment not found.

Consciousness in the south means surrendering your manhood???

wat does that have to do with anything? em dressed in women clothes and let a man tea bag him yet im pretty sure he's in your top 10
    edit: didnt kanye say somethin along the lines of he get his fashion ideas from homosexuals??
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Am I the only one who sees the pattern?

Everyone that has responded to this thread (so far) is from the South.

"ATL", "Chat-Tenn", "KarolinaKid"...

Pretty amazing ? .
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    edited May 2010
    Options
    wack & pathetic thread
  • hrap-120
    edited May 2010
    Options
    when did big boi drop a album to flop??? smh this thread is a fail first u say the south has no conscious rappers then wen u are showed a list of em that are better then the list u had for the east u say stupid stuff like "big boi flopped(on a album dat hasnt been released yet?) or cee-lo wore a wig(lyrically he'll demolish yo fav eastcoast rapper with or without the wig, and then u have the audacity to say we dont suport our artist????? smfh
    Im not sure a thread can "fail" if sweet people like you keep responding to it and increasing its #####'s.

Cee-Lo traded in his consciousness for a same-sex marriage....homosexuality aint conscious bruh

My bad I was thinkin about a movie called "who's your caddy" that flopped at the box-office...starring Big-Boi...his album aint drop because without Dre he's like Ren w/o Ice Cube....

Im on your side buddy...Im saying its not your fault.
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Punisher__ wrote: »

Pretty amazing ? .

where's Chat-Tenn at?
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    where's Chat-Tenn at?

So I left out a "T"...big deal.

Does that make the observation any less valid?
  • KarolinaKid
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Im not sure a thread can "fail" if sweet people like you keep responding to it and increasing its #####'s.

Cee-Lo traded in his consciousness for a same-sex marriage....homosexuality aint conscious bruh

My bad I was thinkin about a movie called "who's your caddy" that flopped at the box-office...starring Big-Boi...his album aint drop because without Dre he's like Ren w/o Ice Cube....

Im on your side buddy...Im saying its not your fault.

smh u can never win an arguement with a fool so with that said i got better things to do then entertain this failed thread
  • Yungin T. Jeezie
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So I left out a "T"...big deal.

Does that make the observation any less valid?

yes because you stupid now
  • hrap-120
    edited May 2010
    Options
    wat does that have to do with anything? em dressed in women clothes and let a man tea bag him yet im pretty sure he's in your top 10
    edit: didnt kanye say somethin along the lines of he get his fashion ideas from homosexuals??
    Kanye can get fashion tips from a ? but untill he kisses a man in the mouth the south has him beat....

Em can dress in womens clothes he aint a brother...a conscious Black man

Pretty amazing ? .

Pretty disturbing..Im just waiting on an intelligent argument so I can smash their rationale.

(Lebron has 9 turnovers)
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited May 2010
    Options
    t/s is an idiot if he think the South dont have every kind of rapper.
  • hrap-120
    edited May 2010
    Options
    t/s is an idiot if he think the South dont have every kind of rapper.
    Your reading comprehension skills are unparalleled.
  • ItzGravitation
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Your reading comprehension skills are unparalleled.

na dude.
    regardless of how you feel about my post you are an idiot who made this thread.
    How can anyone be naturally less consious than someone else??
    btw the South gave the world MLK.
    who's better than him?
  • hrap-120
    edited May 2010
    Options
    na dude.
    regardless of how you feel about my post you are an idiot who made this thread.
    How can anyone be naturally less consious than someone else??
    btw the South gave the world MLK.
    who's better than him?

You have to ask yourself who the bigger idiot is...the idiot who makes the thread or the idiot that responds to the idiotic thread. Thats an easy one.

How can anyone be less conscious than someone else
    ....hmmmmm lets see, why dont we compare Min Farrakhan to LiL Boosie catch my drift??

BTW MLK and intergration aint got ? to do with cultural awareness, knowledge-of-self, or economic-empowerment.

Who's better than MLK..... Patrice Lumumba, Kwame Ture, Fred Hampton, Walter Rodney, Dessalines, etc...etc...etc....

The opposite of Black/Afrikan consciousness is white/europeon homosexuality.
  • Stew
    edited May 2010
    Options

Pretty amazing ? .

You shouldnt take those things so serious cause Im actually from Maryland. Ever meet somebody from Georgia that was a Redskin fan? Nah didnt think so

Besides that I think I made my point when buddy continues to talk about clothing and sales when his topic was about conscious rap. lol
  • ItzGravitation
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You have to ask yourself who the bigger idiot is...the idiot who makes the thread or the idiot that responds to the idiotic thread. Thats an easy one.

How can anyone be less conscious than someone else
    ....hmmmmm lets see, why dont we compare Min Farrakhan to LiL Boosie catch my drift??

BTW MLK and intergration aint got ? to do with cultural awareness, knowledge-of-self, or economic-empowerment.

Who's better than MLK..... Patrice Lumumba, Kwame Ture, Fred Hampton, Walter Rodney, Dessalines, etc...etc...etc....

The opposite of Black/Afrikan consciousness is white/europeon homosexuality.

i said naturally less conscious.
    your thread makes zero sense and i wont argue about it.
    Your thread was a complete failure and your retorts failed also.
  • hrap-120
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You shouldnt take those things so serious cause Im actually from Maryland. Ever meet somebody from Georgia that was a Redskin fan? Nah didnt think so

Besides that I think I made my point when buddy continues to talk about clothing and sales when his topic was about conscious rap. lol
    Im not serious yet Im still laughing at how easy it is to catch a guppy on the hook.

How can you be from Maryland..you look white? I didnt know they had white-folks in Maryland that listened to HipHop...you must be the exception :)
    The only people I know that are Redskins fans from Georgia are the dudes that got chased out of the ATL because they couldnt hack it....

besides that I think I made my point when Buddy ran back to this thread like a dog to his ? to see my response.....LOL got a guppie on the hook and reeled him in.
    i said naturally less conscious.
    your thread makes zero sense and i wont argue about it.
    Your thread was a complete failure and your retorts failed also.
    Consciousness isnt easily overstood by caucasoids...its a melanated concept
    and are you admitting that you were a part of a failure...and you actually contributed to a failure?? That must make you a failure in addition to your lack of testosterone.
  • h.haver
    h.haver Members Posts: 252
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Hrap is the most ignorant ? on this forum. Dude thinks he's enlightening people too. This coming from someone from the Midwest that usually hates Southern rap. This is just ridiculous though.