Imgoingtoheavenru? what made you start taking the bible so literally?

Options
TX_Made713
TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
edited May 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
ShowLetter.jpg

2zqrdao.jpg

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I haven't seen dude around lately.

LOL @ that Moses one, but what's funny is it didn't part magically or anything.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited May 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    I haven't seen dude around lately.

LOL @ that Moses one, but what's funny is it didn't part magically or anything.

So you believe in it being low tide?
  • VIBE
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So you believe in it being low tide?

Yes. I forget how it was explained, something like it was a tsunami or something, and water receded they crossed, got far enough away, then the tsunami hit taking out all the kings horses and all the kings men.

I know ? has power, but there is an explanation to these things. Like the plagues and all, of course you know.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yes. I forget how it was explained, something like it was a tsunami or something, and water receded they crossed, got far enough away, then the tsunami hit taking out all the kings horses and all the kings men.

I know ? has power, but there is an explanation to these things. Like the plagues and all, of course you know.

Then why are you a christian if you realize most of these things couldnt be explained then so they were just thought of having to be the work of ? ? Why not just say well religion is BS and used to explain the things they couldnt and keep your belief in ? still? Not tryin to be a ? just wonderin why believe a book that is clearly full of false info.
  • VIBE
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Then why are you a christian if you realize most of these things couldnt be explained then so they were just thought of having to be the work of ? ? Why not just say well religion is BS and used to explain the things they couldnt and keep your belief in ? still? Not tryin to be a ? just wonderin why believe a book that is clearly full of false info.

I believe through ? did this happen, it wasn't a "coincidence" that a tsunami took place. It was created by ? for that to happen. I believe ? sent down these plagues as well but it did happen in a scientific way.

I won't change being a Christian, I'm just a different type. I'm not your bible bashing, swear by the bible guy. I refuse to be like that because in that sense, it isn't a lie, it's a misinterpretation. Which leads to it being the wrong way to follow ? .

I do although know he is a powerful ? . I know that if he wanted to, he could do it "magically" so to speak. Like, I believe the Big Bang Theory but that ? created this Big Bang and went from there. Because ? created Adam from dirt, Eve from one of Adams ribs. So he had to have had some material to use to create our solar system, in which is how he created this BB.

I dunno, my interpretation is different is all. There has to be a creator for all of this, it isn't just we came from rock, to fish, to land animal, to this to that. No way, too complex.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options

A Tsunami doesn't part water.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Because learning the literal is easier than understanding the symbolism, metaphors and allegories.
  • VIBE
    edited May 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    A Tsunami doesn't part water.

I know, like I said, I forget the exact "scientific" explanation but it was something to that effect. Before a tsunami hits does it not recede?
  • TX_Made713
    edited May 2010
    Options
    9 posts and not one has been posted by the computer program himself...i know he seen this thread
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Probably the same reason thread starter at one time took the bible literally.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    Probably the same reason thread starter at one time took the bible literally.

i was thinkin the exact same thing..

but i dont think.. or should i say.. i hope t/s has never endulged in ? ...

once i found that out about heavendude i came to understand why he is the way he is.. i know alot of reformed addicts and they act the same way..
    hey if sweet baby jesus.. all 8lbs 8oz of him can get u off ? .. im all for it. haha jus keep that ? to urself.. thats the only thing i got against religious nuts.. they're worse then conspiracy theorist.. least they ? be plausible..

im jus sayin..
  • TX_Made713
    edited May 2010
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »

once i found that out about heavendude i came to understand why he is the way he is.. i know alot of reformed addicts and they act the same way..
    hey if sweet baby jesus.. all 8lbs 8oz of him can get u off ? .. im all for it. haha jus keep that ? to urself.. thats the only thing i got against religious nuts.. they're worse then conspiracy theorist.. least they ? be plausible..

im jus sayin..

wrong. I never took the bible 100% literally like that.
  • VIBE
    edited May 2010
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »

im jus sayin..

wth are you talking about
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Because,

"? is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?" Numbers 23:19

Give ? glory my friend for He is worthy! Hallelujah to the King!
  • TX_Made713
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Because,

"? is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?" Numbers 23:19

Give ? glory my friend for He is worthy! Hallelujah to the King!

Did ? physically write that verse or did man write it?

ok then how do you know man didnt put words in gods mouth
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    1. Did ? physically write that verse or did man write it?

2. ok then how do you know man didnt put words in gods mouth

1. "19We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of ? spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." 2 Peter 1:19-21

2. "All scripture is given by inspiration of ? , and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" 2 Timothy 3:16
  • The Übermensch
    The Übermensch Members Posts: 52
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Never thought I would see the day...
  • TX_Made713
    edited May 2010
    Options

finish your sentence
  • TX_Made713
    edited May 2010
    Options
    1. "19We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of ? spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." 2 Peter 1:19-21

2. "All scripture is given by inspiration of ? , and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" 2 Timothy 3:16

So your saying the men that wrote timothy and peter put words in gods mouth that you should take literally
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited May 2010
    Options

Never always ends, and "always" sometimes ends, so never sometimes happen, because sometimes "sometimes" happen.
  • TX_Made713
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Never always ends, and "always" sometimes ends, so never sometimes happen, because sometimes "sometimes" happen.

wtf goes on inside that head of yours?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited May 2010
    Options
    wtf goes on inside that head of yours?

Live and learn they say.

Those are two words I do my best to avoid saying, never and always.

Just like what we don't want usually happens, and what we want to happen rarely does.
  • oh_word
    oh_word Members Posts: 56
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The whole bible is not literal, a lot of it is symbolism, because how can fleshly humans understand a spiritual diety. He has to personify himself and put things in ways that we can understand and alot of the 'stories' have greater meanings it doesnt matter if they are literal or not alot people just like to be opposers and the bible says men will do that so that doesnt surprise me either.& another thing people fail to realize is that the bible was not written in English so through the translation process who's to say what got taken out of context or mistranslated, I know my muslim friend says that you can not convert to Islam unless you know Arabic to read the Quran in its original language she says it reads slightly different in english. It is a goal of mine to learn Hebrew and Arabic to read the Hebrew scriptures and the quran, I might have 2 just accept the english version of the greek scriptures lol. I just think its funny how people try to use scientific theories to eliminate ? when imo it only proves how genius he really is. Science just explains Gods method of creation. I really hope people didnt think he just farted and everything came to be. People may not believe in the personification of ? and to each is own but you'd be foolish to deny intelligent design.
  • The Übermensch
    The Übermensch Members Posts: 52
    edited May 2010
    Options
    finish your sentence
    ...when you two would be bickering about religion. I got a nice chuckle out of it.

Superficial, I rarely regret saying "never" and "always," because I'm usually not being serious when I say them.
  • TX_Made713
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ...when you two would be bickering about religion. I got a nice chuckle out of it.

Superficial, I rarely regret saying "never" and "always," because I'm usually not being serious when I say them.

seeing how we use to tag team the GNS board, i know. Lifes funny.