Options
gucci7383
gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in IllGaming
From the man himself,

Robert bowling

Robert Bowling (fourzerotwo) on Twitter <-- Links to his interview

Or

An Interview with Robert Bowling on the MW 2 Resurgence Package - Xbox Live's Major Nelson <-- go straight to the podcast and listen to the details and specs on the new maps!!

Btw* If you dont feel like listening,

Vacant Is Returning
Strike Is Returning

New three!

Carnival - Desolated theme park, rollercoasters, fun-house, fun locations, Vantage points,Huge area,
bumper cars,Castle,

Trailer Park - Maze, Abandoned trailers, Pool area, "Good Old American Trailer Park",

Fuel - Oil Refinery, Long and close rang fights, *$15 Once again

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You gotta be ? joking

They...

man, when you look at top downloads on the ps3 MW2 maps aren't even up there. I paid my 15 but its obvious ain't that many people wanna pay for 'em.

I knew there would be more maps coming, just not this soon. Really though, do they need to price it again at 15? Drop it to like at least 10.

? , and I'll be getting these even though I'm complaining and SMH at my damn self.
  • gucci7383
    edited May 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    You gotta be ? joking

They...

man, when you look at top downloads on the ps3 MW2 maps aren't even up there. I paid my 15 but its obvious ain't that many people wanna pay for 'em.

I knew there would be more maps coming, just not this soon. Really though, do they need to price it again at 15? Drop it to like at least 10.

? , and I'll be getting these even though I'm complaining and SMH at my damn self.

they should add a poll to there website, cause imo there given us all of the wrong cod4 maps... strike is cool but come on vacant over maps like crossfire,district,pipeline, hell even the dlc they came out with like chinatown, broadcast is better..
    let us vote on what old maps we want just dont throw us anything
  • VIBE
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I listened to that interview and I hope to ? that Carnival is really really creative.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Luckily, on Ps3 you can gameshare stuff like this and literally get it for free from a friend, or split the cost so you only pay 2-3$ for it

Also Salvage, Bailout, and Crash are 3 of the best maps in the game. I was pretty impressed with them. The Carnival sounds good but Oil Refinery (Rust?) and Trailer Park will both be generic standard maps.
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Luckily, on Ps3 you can gameshare stuff like this and literally get it for free from a friend, or split the cost so you only pay 2-3$ for it

Also Salvage, Bailout, and Crash are 3 of the best maps in the game. I was pretty impressed with them. The Carnival sounds good but Oil Refinery (Rust?) and Trailer Park will both be generic standard maps.

lmao @ the bolded

recession is really hurtin u ? man...

i agree with the 2nd sentence, the new maps are great...not sure about bailout yet....but the rest are all pretty good.

i'll be gettin the new maps...what r the mw1 ones like ?...n when does this new pack drop ?
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ^ They drop June 3rd I think

Yea, i'll be coppin. Do I want to pay $15? Hell no. They are way overpriced. We are talking about a $90 standard edition game at this point. But MW2 is too popular. Face it, Activision has got us by the ? . Just like the first map pack, this ? will sell like hotcakes so its either put up the dough or be left out.
  • focus
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Screenshots:

"Carnival"
    mw2resurgenceimage5.jpg

"Strike"
    mw2resurgenceimage1.jpg

"Fuel"
    mw2resurgenceimage2.jpg

"Trailer Park"
    mw2resurgenceimage3.jpg
  • focus
    edited May 2010
    Options
    "Vacant"
    mw2resurgenceimage4.jpg

• KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited May 2010
    Options
    One Spliff wrote: »
    lmao @ the bolded

i agree with the 2nd sentence, the new maps are great...not sure about bailout yet....but the rest are all pretty good.

i'll be gettin the new maps...what r the mw1 ones like ?...n when does this new pack drop ?

nah it aint eve nthe recession. whats the point of 5 ppl all spending 15$ when you can get 1 guy to buy it and then the rest of us buy him beer whatever next time we go out feel me

Bailout so sick
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited May 2010
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Screenshots:

"Carnival"
    mw2resurgenceimage5.jpg

"Strike"
    mw2resurgenceimage1.jpg

"Fuel"
    mw2resurgenceimage2.jpg

"Trailer Park"
    mw2resurgenceimage3.jpg
    Carnival look good, probably gonna be some sniper ? from the top of rollercoasters ya heard

Fuel = Bigger version of Rust so that ? can be played on it

Trailer Park - holy ? they overused the broken airplanes in this game
  • Terrorist_Jones
    Terrorist_Jones Banned Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lmao @ the bolded

hurting like a mafukka, i'm still recouping from mothers day , before that was b-days and ? . ill have all this ? for fathers day or some purses and sandals being returned!
  • VIBE
    edited May 2010
    Options
    It comes out June 3rd for 360 first, PS3 though I have no idea, no word on that. Probably some ? , 1 month later ? .

Yes, I'm serious.

Carnival looks superb! Finally something other than tall grass, crates, trains and planes/helis.

@King the guy said in the interview that on top of the Roller Coaster there is a spot for snipers but you gotta figure out how to get there.

I'm gonna start ? with sniping, ? is hard for me to do though. I get too excited when I see 'em coming I just start blasting lol
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ? what Spliff said, I ain't broke, but game sharing on PS3 is a plus. lol

I will pay for it, and 2 of my friends can get it free. Next DLC, someone else pays and I will get a dl. lol
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    carnival looks really, really fun.
  • gucci7383
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I wonder if Sony will ever put a stop to it.

Im sure theyre losing alot of money.
    i doubt it, cause everyone likes swicthing game tags and what if you buy a new ps slim, how would you get all of your dlc on ur new system
    I was always a fan of Vacant.
    they need a poll on there website, cause i swear all the cod4 maps they putting out are the worst ones
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    It comes out June 3rd for 360 first, PS3 though I have no idea, no word on that. Probably some ? , 1 month later ? .

Yes, I'm serious.

Carnival looks superb! Finally something other than tall grass, crates, trains and planes/helis.

@King the guy said in the interview that on top of the Roller Coaster there is a spot for snipers but you gotta figure out how to get there.

I'm gonna start ? with sniping, ? is hard for me to do though. I get too excited when I see 'em coming I just start blasting lol
    yeah so we not getting these maps until at least the 4th of july.. this 1 month in advance for xbox ? gotta stop.... ? by the time these ? drop ncaa11 and madden will be getting ready to drop
  • One Spliff
    edited May 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    ? what Spliff said, I ain't broke, but game sharing on PS3 is a plus. lol

I will pay for it, and 2 of my friends can get it free. Next DLC, someone else pays and I will get a dl. lol

how does it work ?...fill me in....

price in UK is £10.99 which is alot, but i think it depends how much u play....if i aint play that much n played mw1 id say it was over priced...but 5 new maps for 10.99 is just over 2 pounds a map....which is actually quite cheap when you think about it...

but can u imagine these 5 new maps, plus the other 5 new maps...plus the other 16...thats 26 ? damn maps...lol...

props on the screenshots...maps look nice...

@ the rust comment....i agree....i like rust, but usually play ground war...n i swear rust hardly comes on in FFa anymore...n its not ont eh TDM n domiantion rotations...only on mosh pit....need a map like rust that can be played on all game modes...
  • One Spliff
    edited May 2010
    Options
    gucci7383 wrote: »

they need a poll on there website, cause i swear all the cod4 maps they putting out are the worst ones

ny the time black ops drops..they will put up all the old maps, n reinvent some...

but maybe they play differently on mw2 than they do on mw1, because i think overgrown n crash are pretty cool...never played them on mw1...

i only remember 1 or 2 maps from mw1...but 1 that i really liked was....backlot, maybe they should bring that back
  • gucci7383
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ny the time black ops drops..they will put up all the old maps, n reinvent some...

but maybe they play differently on mw2 than they do on mw1, because i think overgrown n crash are pretty cool...never played them on mw1...

i only remember 1 or 2 maps from mw1...but 1 that i really liked was....backlot, maybe they should bring that back

all the maps play different on mw2 cause of the killstreaks. just think cod4 only had a heilcopter and and airstrike.. plus you got ? like themal scopes in mw2 that wasnt in the first game, sniping took a skill now any fool can use a themal scope and see you laying in the grass
  • VIBE
    edited May 2010
    Options
    all the maps play different on mw2 cause of the killstreaks. just think cod4 only had a heilcopter and and airstrike.. plus you got ? like themal scopes in mw2 that wasnt in the first game, sniping took a skill now any fool can use a themal scope and see you laying in the grass

That the only thing I'd like them to take OUT of the game. That thermal really irks me. I'm across the map and get picked off because the top 1/2 inch of my helmet is white and they see me, boom! ? that ? . You need to pull it off real skill.
  • One Spliff
    edited May 2010
    Options

damn...

how many kills was it for a airstrike n helicopter ?

sounds like mw1 was the ? ...chopper gunners are ? hell, i think it shud stop at 9 killstreak (pavelow) but make it 10 kills or 12....now i see why ppl hatin on mw2 lol....did they have anything else besides jus helicopter n airstrike ?

i dont mind thermal, because the scope is kinda small...i dont get touched by them that often...but smh @ respawning n a split second later gettin murked by a chopper gunner or a ac130...leave that ? for the single player game...lol
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    how does it work ?...fill me in....

price in UK is £10.99 which is alot, but i think it depends how much u play....if i aint play that much n played mw1 id say it was over priced...but 5 new maps for 10.99 is just over 2 pounds a map....which is actually quite cheap when you think about it...

but can u imagine these 5 new maps, plus the other 5 new maps...plus the other 16...thats 26 ? damn maps...lol...

props on the screenshots...maps look nice...

@ the rust comment....i agree....i like rust, but usually play ground war...n i swear rust hardly comes on in FFa anymore...n its not ont eh TDM n domiantion rotations...only on mosh pit....need a map like rust that can be played on all game modes...

If you buy something on the PS store, you can download it up to 3 times (not sure if you can dl it more than that). So I will dl it, and then someone can log in on their system using my username and password and dl it again. The data is saved to your system, not your account, so even when they log in using their account, it will already be saved on their system.
  • focus
    edited May 2010
    Options

yeah so we not getting these maps until at least the 4th of july.. this 1 month in advance for xbox ? gotta stop.... ? by the time these ? drop ncaa11 and madden will be getting ready to drop

One of the disadvantages that comes when you don't pay for online and then on top of that can share DLC. Microsoft tosses a few dollars at publishers I'm sure, but still....I'm sure publishers take note of the money they lose on PS3 because of that ? and don't mind hooking Microsoft up early.
  • One Spliff
    edited May 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    If you buy something on the PS store, you can download it up to 3 times (not sure if you can dl it more than that). So I will dl it, and then someone can log in on their system using my username and password and dl it again. The data is saved to your system, not your account, so even when they log in using their account, it will already be saved on their system.

lol, damn...

props...i'll hook my lil bro up with the new map pack now
  • gucci7383
    edited May 2010
    Options
    damn...

how many kills was it for a airstrike n helicopter ?

sounds like mw1 was the ? ...chopper gunners are ? hell, i think it shud stop at 9 killstreak (pavelow) but make it 10 kills or 12....now i see why ppl hatin on mw2 lol....did they have anything else besides jus helicopter n airstrike ?

i dont mind thermal, because the scope is kinda small...i dont get touched by them that often...but smh @ respawning n a split second later gettin murked by a chopper gunner or a ac130...leave that ? for the single player game...lol
    i think it was 6 & 7 kills for the heli & airstrike but i could be wrong its been a while since i've played..
    in that game you really had to earn ur kills cause there was no ? like one man army abusing the noob tube, or scavanger hinding in corners with endless supply of claymores
  • One Spliff
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i think it was 6 & 7 kills for the heli & airstrike but i could be wrong its been a while since i've played..
    in that game you really had to earn ur kills cause there was no ? like one man army abusing the noob tube, or scavanger hinding in corners with endless supply of claymores

4 real ?

n i cudda sworn i threw more than 1 sticky grenage one time...maybe its something they give u in scavenger pro...

let me kno...

they need to take it back to mw1 if thats the case...its a lose lose for infinity ward tho..because n00bs were probably cryign for more air support features n perk features, they get them...then still complain.