Ladies: The List?

Options
Blue Virgo
Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in The Powder Room
So, I'm watching an episode of "What Chili Wants" (thanks dvr), and I keep hearing her mention a list of qualities (most of them kinda outrageous) of what she wants in a potential mate.

So, do you have a list?

If so, what's on your list?

Do you think your list will hinder your search in finding a man?

Comments

• junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    her list is extreme...i only watch that show cuz im a huge TLC fan, but i find it hard for her to find everything on that list...some ? has to be compromised
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I guess I have some kind of list

but nothing like her's.

Her list is part of the reason she feels the need to have a show and coach to help her find a man.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i cannot stress enough the shallowness of a woman who would pass up a dude that in reality makes a perfect match for them because they don't fit the requirements of their "list" ..those lists can really ? up ppl's happiness....

i honestly believe many people have came across their match before in life, but passed on them because of ? like that...

especially a lot of guys...they can't get over womens past or the fact that they got kids, yet this female is very likely the best match for them they will ever meet....

regaurdless of what requirements or things about a person might make u feel apprehensive.if someone's personality geuninly grabs ur attention, i feel they're worth atleast a few months to see if u can work with the person they are...
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    My list has more to do with personality than anything. I don't watch her show, but I heard she has some crazy standards. I think everyone has their preferences, so I wouldn't necessarily call it a "list". I think lots of people especially females- miss out on mates that may be perfect for them but due to some superficial list ? they got going on - they dismiss them completely.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I guess I have some kind of list

but nothing like her's.

Her list is part of the reason she feels the need to have a show and coach to help her find a man.

that list is probably the reason why Usher said "? this ? " and cheated on her
  • Blue Virgo
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Her list is kinda out there...."no pork, no alcohol, no this, no that...."

My list doesn't have things like that, except smoking--I can't deal with that, but more to do with "make me laugh, be attentive, listen, etc."

I don't think it's wrong to have a list, but it shouldn't rule your relationships.
    Like, if a guy doesn't meet all of those standards, you shouldn't automatically rule him out.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    that list is probably the reason why Usher said "? this ? " and cheated on her

I wouldn't doubt it

She's too old to have some kind of magical list like that!
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    blue virgo wrote: »
    Her list is kinda out there...."no pork, no alcohol, no this, no that...."

My list doesn't have things like that, except smoking--I can't deal with that, but more to do with "make me laugh, be attentive, listen, etc."

I don't think it's wrong to have a list, but it shouldn't rule your relationships.
    Like, if a guy doesn't meet all of those standards, you shouldn't automatically rule him out.

the thing about those "lists" is that unless it's something that's essential to the character of that person, if you find that you really care about them or are in love with them, you'll learn to deal with it...for example before me and my girl got together when we were friends she swore up and down she'd never date a guy that smokes...claimed she'd never deal with it...we've been dating close to 2 years now and not once has she complained about me smoking...
  • Ace Boon
    Ace Boon Members Posts: 880 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I think a woman's (or anybody's) list should focus on personality, character, morals and compatibility. Because without those things, I think a relationship is just pretty much worthless and pointless.
  • Blue Virgo
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Well, do you men have lists?
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options

1.) make me laugh...and we'll work from there
  • Ace Boon
    Ace Boon Members Posts: 880 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    It's all about chemistry to me. We can work on the other stuff.
  • Blue Virgo
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Y'all are pretty simple then.

There has to be something on your list that's an ultimate no-no or must have.
  • makaveli03
    makaveli03 Members Posts: 2,392
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Y'all are pretty simple then.

There has to be something on your list that's an ultimate no-no or must have.

love me as much as i love you consistently
    dont cheat on me because i wont...and as a man that says alot
    dont openly flirt with someone in front of me if you know damn well he aint there to not ask you for ur digits
    dont lie to me about how you feel bout me tell me everything u feel
    understand my need for space
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I actually don't have high standards.

As long as someone can except me for me, and make me laugh, has great personality and is ridah for me.. I'm good haha. I think a good personality and lots of commonalities is more important than a list that will eventually scare a kat away and lead to life long searching for that one.. which creates unhappiness an i like to be happy so great sense of humor is a big plus.
  • isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    What's up with women wantin' clowns as a mate?
  • Tupacfan
    edited May 2010
    Options
    isayas wrote: »

Idk who u referring to but uhhh.. I like someone that could make me laugh than someone so uptight and stubborn and ? ..
  • isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    tupacfan wrote: »
    Idk who u referring to but uhhh.. I like someone that could make me laugh than someone so uptight and stubborn and ? ..

Oh, I was just wondering.
  • Tupacfan
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Oh, I was just wondering.

o okay, yea we all have our preference of personality when it comes to dating a gentlemen.

Would you want a girl that make you laugh or you could joke with? Or would you be with someone who can't take jokes and complaines, whines and all of a stubborn female type?
  • Blue Virgo
    edited May 2010
    Options

You don't have to be a clown, just make us laugh sometimes. A clown, to me, is someone that's pretty much never serious--I don't want that.
    A nice lil balance would be ideal.
  • Steevie_00
    Steevie_00 Members Posts: 124
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I kinda have a list, more of an outline.. but it's not as extreme as chilli's. As long as they are intelligent, outgoing and funny. It's all good. No drugs though.
  • betterthenu84
    betterthenu84 Members Posts: 861
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I have a list but its nothing major like hers. I just want him to have motivation, be educated,a conversationalist, be open to new places people and things, respect me and treat me like a lady, have love for family, and be supportive seriously thats all I really need.
  • Blue Virgo
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I have a list but its nothing major like hers. I just want him to have motivation, be educated,a conversationalist, be open to new places people and things, respect me and treat me like a lady, have love for family, and be supportive seriously thats all I really need.

I'm super late seeing this, but I think this is a nice lil list and it's not really asking for too much.
  • edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    That long list ? is crazy. As a man my ? is pretty simple. I like a woman who cooks and cleans (I do too). After that as long as we can vibe and laugh together, ? it, thats wassup. One thing I will be specific about is I'd like a woman who is not vindictive and fights to keep what she wants. Relationships have problemsso a good mate has to be willing to work things out. Nowadays that ? sounds like alot to ask for
  • Tupacfan
    edited June 2010
    Options
    That long list ? is crazy. As a man my ? is pretty simple. I like a woman who cooks and cleans (I do too). After that as long as we can vibe and laugh together, ? it, thats wassup. One thing I will be specific about is I'd like a woman who is not vindictive and fights to keep what she wants. Relationships have problemsso a good mate has to be willing to work things out. Nowadays that ? sounds like alot to ask for

I can digg your response, relationships aren't perfect but you can make it work by compromising, that's only if it's worth it. I necessary don't like drama either..it only fuels negativity.