This may sound ignorant.....

Options
Ace Boon
Ace Boon Members Posts: 880 ✭✭
edited May 2010 in The Powder Room
But why does it seem like white women, don't gain a significant amount of weight after they have a baby?

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    yea it's ignant.. my girl is mixed...and every female in her family had a nice body before the kids....

and i'm not talking about the black side..

? 's scary...forreal.....

but i think a lot of it has to do with personal excersice and diet......

but genes do ply their part...
  • akforty7
    akforty7 Members Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    the hell? i know plenty of white chicks who got that forever gut after having a baby. i also know more black chicks who look great after having a baby. it depends on the chick, how she takes care of herself, her genetics, etc.
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    That wasn't ignorant to me lol. If you see the trend more in white women where u are- then I can see you asking the question like that. I can dig it.

I just cant figure out for the life of me why it seems some women just pop right back into shape immediatly and others stay talkin bout some "baby weight" when their kid is like 6yrs old.
  • Ace Boon
    Ace Boon Members Posts: 880 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm really just evaluating the women that work for the same company as I do. I almost forget they were pregnant, after they come back from their maternity leave.
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I think it's mostly diet and exercise.
    I see a lot of those women still going to the gym, jogging, walking dogs, and just staying active while pregnant.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    What about the fat white women that be in the hood with the thug ? with they kids?
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I think it's genetics and how active/how much weight was gained during pregnancy.

Some women are plain old lazy after they have a baby and then get pregnant right after gaining 80 pounds with the 1st one.

It is hard to keep up with a new born but you just have to make time to exercise. Also, breastfeeding supposedly helps but how many women do you know that long term?
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    They're more body conscious in general and it's easier for them to maintain or lose because their diet is less heavy in fried, greasy foods.
  • shadey
    shadey Members Posts: 104
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I can't agree to this because a friend of mine's white wife gave birth to their child last year and she has only put on more pounds.