More than 20 years later and this book is more relevant than ever

Options
truth spitter
truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
shahrazad_ali_glow.gif

Most black men I know are having trouble with our women. I was shocked when I read the Black Guide’s. These women are out of control, and they don’t want to be told they are responsible for any of it! They are entitled to do anything they want, no matter how ludicrous, and they are justified in it by all of their female friends, family, and the media. I mean anything goes “get yours girl”. What scares me most about these women is how they cover for one another no matter how malicious the deed.

I’m glad that many men are beginning to speak up, and some women as well.

I wish Shahrazad Ali would come back on to the scene. She would be welcome with open arms present day. Her discourse is needed.

Comments

• L.I.P.
    L.I.P. Members Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I entered this thread expecting to see 1984....
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    L.I.P. wrote: »

Uh.....I'ma just fall back. Carry on.
  • the_apprentice
    the_apprentice Members Posts: 156
    edited October 2011
    Options
    l.i.p. wrote: »
    i entered this thread expecting to see 1984....

lmao
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Lol, I actually have this book when my Aunt gave me this book.
  • p-tavern
    p-tavern Members Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

That was my first guess as well, but had hoped to be wrong and would see The Busy World of Richard Scarry.
    Instead I get some book with Queen Latifah expecting me to take her fat-lesbian-assed advice on men. smh
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    damn black women that messed up that you need a book to understand them?
  • L.I.P.
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Uh.....I'ma just fall back. Carry on.

Are you implying that 1984 isn't at all relevant today?
    p-tavern wrote: »
    That was my first guess as well, but had hoped to be wrong and would see The Busy World of Richard Scarry.
    Instead I get some book with Queen Latifah expecting me to take her fat-lesbian-assed advice on men. smh

Smh lol
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Are you implying that 1984 isn't at all relevant today?

Smh lol

1984 came out in the middle of the century, bruh. For a book that's been out more than 50 years no one would say "more than 20 years"

And the book is no more relevant now than it was in 1950. If anything, it was more relevant in 1950 than it is now.
  • truth spitter
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Its not only black women that do this ? ...."American" women in general be on some wild ? and their friends cover up for them....I heard some ? from one of my female friends of another race that reminded me that no female should be trusted..

True. But I care about my people first and foremost.
  • truth spitter
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Me too...but the way we talk about our problems it will have you thinkin black folks are the only ones that ? up....We just get put on blast for all our ? is all im sayin..

I feel you. That's why I only talk about our issues in private with us. I don't talk about problems in front of other races cause then they feel like they can repeat it.
  • L.I.P.
    edited October 2011
    Options
    1984 came out in the middle of the century, bruh. For a book that's been out more than 50 years no one would say "more than 20 years"

And the book is no more relevant now than it was in 1950. If anything, it was more relevant in 1950 than it is now.

1st bolded: a work of literature doesn't necessarily gain its influence and recognition the moment it's released. So the book could've been out for more than 50 years, but not attain the noteriety it deserved until much later down the line.

So it's perfectly feasible for a book that's been out for more than 50 years, to be thought of as being released for only 20 years. This assumes a new generation of readers and the book is continuously re-released (which is the case with 1984).

2nd bolded: As for the bolded, I disagree. IMO, I feel as though through the media, pop culture, and our much higher level of technology compared to back then, there's a lot more brainwashing, and shoving ? down everyone's throats that takes place moreso today than during that time.