I need help breaking down this Lil Wayne line

Options
2»

Comments

• okaay
    okaay Members Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    on that steady mobbin song where he says "hope i dont look weak cause when the wolf cry wolf you still see the wolf teeth" what does he mean by that?

if someone was crying wolf that would mean that they are bluffing. it wouldnt matter if i see the tooth of the wolf because he is bluffing and wont bite. fear wouldnt be there. so is wayne saying he is a ? talker that wont really pop off or is it something deeper behind this line. ive been puzzled for a month

Basically he is saying I believe has to do with his appearance that he's soft, but wether a wolf is crying/ or appears a certain way he is still a wolf, a dangerous animal. I guess If you seen a lion cowering you wouldnt then forget he was a lion and approach him on some look at this weak ass lion.

Thats the best I can offer.

• sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "I get money to ? time, dead clocks.”

What does Lil Wayne mean by this? Now, i wouldn't consider myself "booksmart". I mean, sure, i've got an undergraduate degree in chemistry, and taken a bunch of philosophy and history and psychology courses for the hell of it for my electives, and now i'm in medical school....but I just think Lil Wayne is too damn smart for even me.

So when i heard this, I couldn't wrap my head around it. Dead Clocks? I looked up "dead clocks" and read about how relative to a clock far way, a time in black hold appears to stop. This adheres to the basic principles of the Theory of Relativity. The place where the clock appears to stop measuring time is at the event horizon of a black hole.

And I know that currency began in Sumer around 2000 BC.

My conclusion on this line is that Lil Wayne is comparing his monetary acquisitions to the space-time continuum at the event horizon of black holes, where it appears he's getting so much money in such a short period of time, it's as if time itself has stood still. Thus, what appears to be a dead clock (i.e, the time in which he's getting money) seems like he's been getting money forever to outside observers and observers from far away (according to Einstein's Theory of General Relativity); hence, "dead clocks".

b/c y'know...Lil Wayne is a genius and it's impossible that he just makes ? up as he goes along and ? eat it up like it means something.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited December 2012
    Options
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    all these new chicago female rappers are ugly as ?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sully wrote: »
    "I get money to ? time, dead clocks.”

What does Lil Wayne mean by this? Now, i wouldn't consider myself "booksmart". I mean, sure, i've got an undergraduate degree in chemistry, and taken a bunch of philosophy and history and psychology courses for the hell of it for my electives, and now i'm in medical school....but I just think Lil Wayne is too damn smart for even me.

So when i heard this, I couldn't wrap my head around it. Dead Clocks? I looked up "dead clocks" and read about how relative to a clock far way, a time in black hold appears to stop. This adheres to the basic principles of the Theory of Relativity. The place where the clock appears to stop measuring time is at the event horizon of a black hole.

And I know that currency began in Sumer around 2000 BC.

My conclusion on this line is that Lil Wayne is comparing his monetary acquisitions to the space-time continuum at the event horizon of black holes, where it appears he's getting so much money in such a short period of time, it's as if time itself has stood still. Thus, what appears to be a dead clock (i.e, the time in which he's getting money) seems like he's been getting money forever to outside observers and observers from far away (according to Einstein's Theory of General Relativity); hence, "dead clocks".

b/c y'know...Lil Wayne is a genius and it's impossible that he just makes ? up as he goes along and ? eat it up like it means something.

he went right over yo head
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T/s i need you to explain this
    500 million songs sold by cash money.ow wait no i dont YMCMB..we treat these ? ? like bow wow or charlamane the ? ...