Police Brutality in Oakland Wall Street Protest

Options
LONDON!
LONDON! Members Posts: 679 ✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in The Social Lounge
from globalresearch.ca, police brutality in the USA gone wild in oakland occupy wall street protests, firing rubber bullets in heads faces and letting off flash grenades on unarmed and peaceful demonstrators, the system is always going on about repression in developing world country's but there no diffrent or worse, ? the police, you won't see this on cnn or sky news & bbc news over here, no you won't

VIDEO: Egyptian Brutality Comes to America: Police Fire Rubber Bullets at Peaceful Protesters

by Washington's Blog

Global Research, October 27, 2011
Washington's Blog - 2011-10-26

Email this article to a friend
Print this article

1diggdigg

Police Fire Tear Gas, Flashbang Grenades and Rubber Bullets at Peaceful Protesters
This is not Egypt, Greece or Italy … this is America:

The injured gentlemen is Veterans for Peace member Scott Olsen, allegedly shot with a rubber bullet.

This is another gentlemen allegedly shot in the face with a rubber bullet (his injury is above his right eye, while the injury to Scott Olsen appears to be on the left side of his face):

Here are police roughing up a peaceful woman protester:

And a policeman threw a flash grenade into a crowd trying to help an injured protester:

Some are calling this the “new Kent State”.

And protesters from Tahrir Square, Egypt, say this is what it looked like there.

Washington's Blog is a frequent contributor to Global Research. Global Research Articles by Washington's Blog

click on the link for the video's
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=27324

Comments

• wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    What police brutality in Oakland why dosent that surprise me
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i thought in egypt they used real ammo
    that rubber ? hurts but wont ? nobody
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    America is falling off.....we can all see the military police state we live in now
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2011
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    If and when the Military enters? this isn't anything other than civil disobedience & the police can and will handle the situation. Some of you outta be thankful our country doesn't use the same tactics as some countries in the ME e.g., Iran, Iraq. When military tanks start rolling down American cities and killing our own citizens then there's a real problem....YEAH you ? hypocrites whine about the tea party members....at least they didn't destroy property and ? in the streets & camp out in public parks.

The Tea Party are hypocrites and you know it. They were silent when Bush waged an illegal war that did not have the support of the international community. Bush wasted trillions of dollars in Iraq and NOW the Tea Party is complaining about waste in govt????

GET THE ? OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont support everything the Occupy protests are doing but there is serious unrest in this country, and I'm glad people are waking up to the extreme corruption of the federal govt and its masters at Wall Street.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The Occupy protests will not go anywhere until there is some kind of justice for the poor and middle class in this country. When the 99% get some kind of bailout the way the federal reserve bailed out corrupt corporations and banks, than the protests will disappear. The movement is not going anywhere Slick, sorry. No justice no peace.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
  • LONDON!
    edited November 2011
    Options
    some more police pig brutality ?

from www.dailymail.co.uk

ANOTHER U.S. Army veteran in intensive care after being hit with police nightsticks during Occupy Oakland clash
    By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 3:05 AM on 5th November 2011

Comments (7) Add to My Stories Share A former Army Ranger and Occupy Oakland protester was in intensive care today after a veterans group said he was beaten by police in brutal clashes with demonstrators.
    The veteran, identified as Kayvan Sabeghi, was the second former U.S. serviceman during the past two weeks to be badly hurt in confrontations between anti-Wall Street protesters and police in Oakland.
    The group Iraq Veterans Against the War said Sabeghi was detained during disturbances that erupted late Wednesday in downtown Oakland and was charged with resisting arrest and remaining present at a riot.
    Brutal: Kayvan Sabeghi told friends he was arrested and beaten by a group of policemen as he was leaving the Oakland protest to go home
    Highland General Hospital confirmed that Sabeghi was a patient in the intensive care unit there.
    CHILD SERVICES SEIZES BABY AT OCCUPY DALLAS
    Texas child welfare officials say have taken a 9-month-old boy from his homeless parents at an Occupy Dallas camp.
    Child Protective Services spokeswoman Marissa Gonzales says the baby was taken into state custody Thursday and his parents were being interviewed.
    She declined to give more details until a judge signs off on the case.
    Cordell Cameron, a spokesman for the protest group, says the homeless parents, who had joined demonstrators about a week ago, were 'pretty devastated.'
    He said they were in the process of trying to obtain housing through a family program but feared they would no longer be eligible.
    Cameron says the child was in a heated tent, 'there was no abuse' but 'obviously you can't keep a baby out in freezing weather.'
    (Source: AP)
    Brian Kelly, who co-owns a brew pub with Sabeghi, said his business partner served as an Army Ranger in Iraq and Afghanistan.

He said Sabeghi told him he was arrested and beaten by a group of policemen as he was leaving the protest to go home.
    'He told me he was in the hospital with a lacerated spleen and that the cops had jumped him,' Kelly said.
    'They put him in jail, and he told them he was injured, and they denied him medical treatment for about 18 hours.'
    The Oakland Police Department did not immediately return calls seeking comment.
    Sabeghi's name was listed by the Alameda County Sheriff's Office as one of more than 100 people arrested that night.
    The veterans group said in a statement that police struck Sabeghi with nightsticks on his hands, shoulders, ribs and back, and that in addition to a lacerated spleen he suffered from internal bleeding.
    Clashes between police and demonstrators broke out in the early morning hours of Thursday in downtown Oakland following a day of mostly peaceful rallies and marches against economic inequality and police brutality.
    The Port of Oakland was forced to shut down during the demonstrations, sparked in part by the severe injury of another former serviceman, ex-Marine Scott Olsen, during a confrontation with police last week.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2057882/U-S-Army-veteran-Kayvan-Sabeghi-intensive-care-hit-police-nightsticks-Occupy-Oakland-clash.html#ixzz1d8LPVWUT
  • Friend or Foe II
    Friend or Foe II Members Posts: 23
    edited November 2011
    Options
    the interesting thing about cccupy oakland and occupy atlanta is that they both have large numbers of minorities involved. oakland has asians, hispanics, and African-Americans. occupy atlanta has a very large African-American presence. both movements are tied in with earlier protest movements and long standing local grievances. both involved working class youth. that's why they were such a threat. ? the pigs btw.
  • LONDON!
    edited November 2011
    Options
    this is from washingtonblog.com

American Police Are So Brutal that the Egyptian Military Is Justifying Its Murder of Tahrir Square Protesters By Pointing to the Crackdown on Occupy Wall Street

Posted on November 20, 2011 by WashingtonsBlog

Egyptian Military Points to American Police Brutality in Justifying Murder of Tahrir Square Protesters

And America’s response towards the peaceful Occupy protesters has been so brutal that now the Egyptian military is justifying its murder of protesters in Tahrir Square by saying they are just following the American example. As Gawker notes:

Two people were killed in Cairo and Alexandria this weekend as Egyptian activists took the streets to protest the military’s attempts to maintain its grip on power. And guess how the state is justifying its deadly crackdown. “We saw the firm stance the US took against OWS people & the German govt against green protesters to secure the state,” an Egyptian state television anchor said yesterday (as translated by the indispensable Sultan Sooud al Qassemi; bold ours).

Note: American protesters are protesting for the same reasons as the Egyptian protesters. Truly, it is the people of the entire world versus the oligarchs and their mercenaries.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2011
    Options
    the interesting thing about cccupy oakland and occupy atlanta is that they both have large numbers of minorities involved. oakland has asians, hispanics, and African-Americans. occupy atlanta has a very large African-American presence. both movements are tied in with earlier protest movements and long standing local grievances. both involved working class youth. that's why they were such a threat. ? the pigs btw.

The Occupy Protests in New York have lots of Blacks and Hispanics involved too. I've seen quite a bit of Native American groups involved too. The diversity of the crowds is one of the main things scaring the ? out of cops and politicians right now. They know the American people are ? the ? off, and they will do everything in their power to try to shut the movement down. Thankfully, people aren't backing down and in many cases fighting the pigs back. I got nothing but love and support for these patriots of the highest honor. More respect for them than fake ? online who complain about the system but just youtube videos online all day lol
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2011
    Options
    LONDON! wrote: »
    this is from washingtonblog.com

American Police Are So Brutal that the Egyptian Military Is Justifying Its Murder of Tahrir Square Protesters By Pointing to the Crackdown on Occupy Wall Street

Posted on November 20, 2011 by WashingtonsBlog

Egyptian Military Points to American Police Brutality in Justifying Murder of Tahrir Square Protesters

And America’s response towards the peaceful Occupy protesters has been so brutal that now the Egyptian military is justifying its murder of protesters in Tahrir Square by saying they are just following the American example. As Gawker notes:

Two people were killed in Cairo and Alexandria this weekend as Egyptian activists took the streets to protest the military’s attempts to maintain its grip on power. And guess how the state is justifying its deadly crackdown. “We saw the firm stance the US took against OWS people & the German govt against green protesters to secure the state,” an Egyptian state television anchor said yesterday (as translated by the indispensable Sultan Sooud al Qassemi; bold ours).

Note: American protesters are protesting for the same reasons as the Egyptian protesters. Truly, it is the people of the entire world versus the oligarchs and their mercenaries.

Yes sir. It's about time people start standing up against this ? system we have in place. There's no justice for anyone in America unless you got money and rich. It's not fair and people are gonna stand up about it. I'm in contact with some people in the movement and there are plans underway for something big around early or mid December. The people of the world are standing up, and win or fail, it is a beautiful sight to see.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2011
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    IMO

kingblazer84, (aka) 'generation Y' you can make your own HEAVEN OR HELL right here on earth,& it's obvious you have chosen to wallow with the derelicts of society while you live with your hard working parents. They provide for you and teach you right from wrong and how do you return the favor? by jumping on board this train wreck going nowhere. Seriously comparing those other countries to what's happening here in America is really stretching the envelope.

IMO kingblaze84 YOU EMPLIFY the ungratefulness that so many of your generation hold towards this country that affords all of its citizens,IF and when they apply themselves. If I had some kind of magical power I would remove everyone of you OWS to those other countries you mentioned & then maybe you might realize HOW well off you really are? like they say you never know how good you've got it until you lose what you have.

LOL okay whatever you say. You think everything in America is perfectly okay and it is not. If there is injustice, in this case rich bankers getting bailed out with taxpayer dollars while regular American citizens need help, people will revolt. And people have every right to. Why else is the OWS movement so widespread now? Because people feel the injustice and ? up wickedness of the problems right now. I am making something out of myself, I work and support myself. I help out my family, friends in need, and even the homeless as often as I can. I do my part to help make America a decent place to live. America is now a police state, and that is perfectly fine with you??

You are the same kind of person that would have called Nelson Mandela and MLK Jr troublemakers. They led movements that interrupted society probably more than OWS has. You think America is perfect, while 70 + % believe America is on the wrong track. In all honesty Slick, you whine and ? and moan ONLINE about the issues affecting America today. You keep on whining about America's problems online, while others take it to the streets and protest. OWS is a beautiful movement, one of the greatest things I've ever seen arise in my lifetime. The movement is worldwide, there is nothing cops, pigs, and the govt can do to stop us. The pigs who pepper sprayed those kids protesting in UC Davs have been relieved of duty.....what does that show you? Keep fantasizing about your magical powers on removing us, we're not gonna die just multiply!

Holla!!!!!!!!!!! Suck it up!!! The movement grows stronger every time cops act a fool. And the more they do, the more powerful we will become.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Let's rock and roll....