Transformer 2 - Why was it so bad?

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
I seen it in theaters and all, watched it on the movie channels last night and I'm just curious as to why it got so much hate?

Comments

• MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i just got finish from watching it and i couldnt tell who was the fallen or megatron through the entire movie that movie was dumb
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Movie suck for me b/c

Megatron was weak
    All the autobots took a backseat to optimus - I know optimus is the main dude but the first movie fleshed out the other members more
    Too much human focus
    Ghetto Twins
    Last, I hate Michael Bay "shaky cam" style, it's hard to see what the ? is going on. Power ranger's zords have better fight choreography than this ?
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    pretty much t/s the #1 reason why the movie gets so much hate...

mofos in here hate michael bay. they treat this ? like the anti-christ of motion picture. me personally, i enjoyed the movie. granted, i wished they focused more on the bots, rather than the human factor. cuz i ill don't kno who the other new autobots were. and yes the twins were ghetto. funny, but they cud've did w/o the names (mudflap) and the gold tooth. also i gotta agree wit vagrant about the fight scenes.

other than that, i thought the storyline was good.
  • mikelewis
    mikelewis Members Posts: 603 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Movie suck for me b/c

Megatron was weak
    All the autobots took a backseat to optimus - I know optimus is the main dude but the first movie fleshed out the other members more
    Too much human focus
    Ghetto Twins
    Last, I hate Michael Bay "shaky cam" style, it's hard to see what the ? is going on. Power ranger's zords have better fight choreography than this ?

Aside from the Michael Bay comment, these are the reasons why are. You have all of those autobots ignored except for the ? bots (how is one of them voiced by Spongebob?? Really??) and Bumblebee really getting time. And why wasn't Megatron wrecking through autobots again?? In the first movie, he ripped one in half like it was nothing. What happened to that guy??
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    they treat this ? like the anti-christ of motion picture.

He's one of em...
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    They could have kept a lot of that ? out of the movie, like the college experience and all that ? . The introduction of too many autobots also.
  • phillyborn
    phillyborn Members Posts: 2
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Was it so hard to make Devastator look like the cartoon robot with the Constructicons...I mean what the hell was that beast...that is what I hate most of the Hollywood Transformers and what hollywood does to the movie adaptations...Why cant they just stick to the original formula we all remember.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    mikelewis wrote: »
    Aside from the Michael Bay comment, these are the reasons why are. You have all of those autobots ignored except for the ? bots (how is one of them voiced by Spongebob?? Really??) and Bumblebee really getting time. And why wasn't Megatron wrecking through autobots again?? In the first movie, he ripped one in half like it was nothing. What happened to that guy??

Think Optimus hollered at Goku to get in the time chamber and did a year of training in one day cause Megatron couldnt ? w/ Optimus in the 2nd movie to the point where he needed backup and was still getting owned by Optimus
  • tdoto88
    tdoto88 Members Posts: 751
    edited May 2010
    Options
    MrJR wrote: »
    i just got finish from watching it and i couldnt tell who was the fallen or megatron through the entire movie that movie was dumb

wow you just was not paying attention then lol... especially since they look nothing alike
  • tdoto88
    edited May 2010
    Options
    mikelewis wrote: »

Damn I didnt here people complaining when Optimus was getting his ass whipped by Megatron in the 1st movie.... Megatron had to take an L at some time... but yea they did slack on the autobots especially on SideSwipe (he has to illest design period)
  • tdoto88
    edited May 2010
    Options
    phillyborn wrote: »
    Was it so hard to make Devastator look like the cartoon robot with the Constructicons...I mean what the hell was that beast...that is what I hate most of the Hollywood Transformers and what hollywood does to the movie adaptations...Why cant they just stick to the original formula we all remember.

because what would be the point of the movie if it was exactly like the cartoons?? besides the cartoon versions were so boxy it wouldnt look right to have them transform into actual cars
  • sickbizzle
    sickbizzle Members Posts: 1,184 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Transformers 2 was bad? that's news to me, i thought it was ? great and so does everyone i know.

considering the amount of money it made probably only yuppy film critics and lonely internet types hate on this film - no surprise there, this movie is too much fun for serious types.. the rest of us with a sense of humor had a great time watching this movie.
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    My only problem with Transformers 2 was that The Fallen was a wack unimposing villain. Other than that it was alright to me.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    sickbizzle wrote: »
    Transformers 2 was bad? that's news to me, i thought it was ? great and so does everyone i know.

considering the amount of money it made probably only yuppy film critics and lonely internet types hate on this film - no surprise there, this movie is too much fun for serious types.. the rest of us with a sense of humor had a great time watching this movie.

Negative Transformers 2 is widely considered one of the worst movies last year and the winner of numerous razzies for worst film, director, etc. It was so bad Shia Lebouf actually is promising fans that Transformers 3 will be better than the second. Like he knows you're not involved in writng the script you just show up and play the annoying sidekick who should have been squashed by Megatron in the 1st movie.
  • sickbizzle
    edited May 2010
    Options
    widely considered by who? any single claim you can say (critics, internet scores, razzies) is contradicted by the massive intake of cash that movie raked in. if it dropped off after the first week due to negative word of mouth that would be one thing, but that's not what happened. to say it's 'widely claimed' - no. that would imply that the majority agrees and that's far from the case considering how many DVDs it sold.

i bet you liked Star Trek though huh? and Avatar was really the great movie everyone proclaimed it to be? FOH with that herd mentality, Transformers 2 and Terminator Salvation was better then both those movies.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    This movie sucked ?
  • sickbizzle
    edited May 2010
    Options
    movie was great for me because

action scenes and special effects were insane
    jokes and dialog were hilarious
    story was good
    characters were good
    actions scenes and special effects were insane
    jokes and dialog were hilarious

wash rinse.. repeat
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Because Micheal Bay made it.

Most people including myself were able to look past Bay's horrible directing skills with the first one because we were just so pyched to see Transformers on the big screen, but the second one....that hype has wore off.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i thought it was good ass movie onlything i didn't like was the fact that the rest of the autobots did nothing
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    sickbizzle wrote: »
    widely considered by who? any single claim you can say (critics, internet scores, razzies) is contradicted by the massive intake of cash that movie raked in. if it dropped off after the first week due to negative word of mouth that would be one thing, but that's not what happened. to say it's 'widely claimed' - no. that would imply that the majority agrees and that's far from the case considering how many DVDs it sold.

i bet you liked Star Trek though huh? and Avatar was really the great movie everyone proclaimed it to be? FOH with that herd mentality, Transformers 2 and Terminator Salvation was better then both those movies.

Grow up man everyone knows that the money a movie takes in is based off marketing, not quality. I learned that in high school. Your trying to tell me since Bayformers made more than lets say, No Country for Old men, that makes it a better movie? FOH with that ? and if that's tthe case no wonder you liked that abomination of a Terminator Movie as well.

And for the record I liked Star Trek and I think Avatar is vastily overratted but to compare to any of the Bayformers movies is a disgrace.
  • mikelewis
    mikelewis Members Posts: 603 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Think Optimus hollered at Goku to get in the time chamber and did a year of training in one day cause Megatron couldnt ? w/ Optimus in the 2nd movie to the point where he needed backup and was still getting owned by Optimus

Basically, Optimus had that gold flowing glow around him, became Gohan and started running through people like they were nothing.
  • zoomzoomp5
    zoomzoomp5 Members Posts: 609 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    the bullshitt love story was annoying as hell.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Okay, now that I see views...

T2 wasn't that bad. There were a few scenes in the movie that could've done without but it needed humor, most movies always do. The most dumb thing about the movie was the robot girl, that's it.

Those, "ghetto twins" actually weren't black in my eyes. They were white dudes being ghetto. Just like Malibu's Most Wanted, that's who they reminded me of. They didn't "sound" black. Their voices were more on par with a white dude being ghetto, that is all. If you can't agree their characters were more like MMW then I don't know how else to explain it to you. I think it's reaching to say there black and being portrayed as stereotypical because I've yet to even met a black guy like that or even see one on tv or anywhere else.

Storyline was good. You gotta think though, Megatron did his thing in the 1st one and in the 2nd one he pretty much kills Prime (even though he does come back)

If anything you guys should be mad at mudflap for being able to destroy Devastator, that was ? . I could see Prime or Bumblebee doing it but mudflap? David vs Goliath there.

The love story, eh, is stupid but you gotta throw in an emotion of something. Otherwise it would've been probably Sam Witwicky and brother or best friend instead of a girlfriend. Always must have some type of interest, whether that be a side kick or side piece.

It doesn't deserve the hate though, ? is wanting too much from films these days. I say, if you wanna ? so much about it and point out all flaws, you become a writer/director and pull it off then.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Okay, now that I see views...

T2 wasn't that bad. There were a few scenes in the movie that could've done without but it needed humor, most movies always do. The most dumb thing about the movie was the robot girl, that's it.

Those, "ghetto twins" actually weren't black in my eyes. They were white dudes being ghetto. Just like Malibu's Most Wanted, that's who they reminded me of. They didn't "sound" black. Their voices were more on par with a white dude being ghetto, that is all. If you can't agree their characters were more like MMW then I don't know how else to explain it to you. I think it's reaching to say there black and being portrayed as stereotypical because I've yet to even met a black guy like that or even see one on tv or anywhere else.

Storyline was good. You gotta think though, Megatron did his thing in the 1st one and in the 2nd one he pretty much kills Prime (even though he does come back)

If anything you guys should be mad at mudflap for being able to destroy Devastator, that was ? . I could see Prime or Bumblebee doing it but mudflap? David vs Goliath there.

The love story, eh, is stupid but you gotta throw in an emotion of something. Otherwise it would've been probably Sam Witwicky and brother or best friend instead of a girlfriend. Always must have some type of interest, whether that be a side kick or side piece.

It doesn't deserve the hate though, ? is wanting too much from films these days. I say, if you wanna ? so much about it and point out all flaws, you become a writer/director and pull it off then.

trill post. ? just ethered the everbody who complained wit that one statement lol.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    It wasn't all that bad but def need to ? a lot of the human focus.