Did they edit the Bible from Satan to ? in some parts?

Options
beenwize
beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
edited November 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
In the two scriptures below we see that in one part ? orders David to number Israel but in another chapter it says that Satan orders David to number Israel. Is it possible that the translaters of the Bible edited out the name Satan in some other instances in the Bible and put Lord ? name instead but they forgot to do that in 1 Chronicles 21:1?

"AND Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel." (I Chronicles 21:1)

"AND again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah." (II Samuel 24:1)

Comments

• alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Though this is not the answer to the question, this is something to consider. We all have this notion of Satan being this being that is all about being immoral; making people get caught up in sex, drugs and...whatever else. But we fail to see that even Satan knows how to follow the rules. He can do good as is an "angel of light"; however he can do so at the expense of distracting the world from the real problem.
  • beenwize
    edited November 2011
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    Though this is not the answer to the question, this is something to consider. We all have this notion of Satan being this being that is all about being immoral; making people get caught up in sex, drugs and...whatever else. But we fail to see that even Satan knows how to follow the rules. He can do good as is an "angel of light"; however he can do so at the expense of distracting the world from the real problem.

what do u think of the two scriptures posted in which one uses ? and the other uses Satan for the same act?

and what do u consider the "real problem"?
  • alissowack
    edited November 2011
    Options
    beenwize wrote: »
    what do u think of the two scriptures posted in which one uses ? and the other uses Satan for the same act?

and what do u consider the "real problem"?

To me...the two scriptures suggest this...what ? intends for good, Satan wants to use for evil. What the "evil" is escapes me for the moment. I could guess and say that it has something to do with Satan feeding into David's pride...I could be wrong.

Well, the real problem is sin. Sure, it sounds like something you've heard before, but I believe there in an underestimation of it; that if we just "knew" what sin is in respect to ? , then we would see that our hands can do nothing to remedy it. The two scriptures kind of hint to just how potent sin is.
  • beenwize
    edited November 2011
    Options
    To me...the two scriptures suggest this...what ? intends for good, Satan wants to use for evil. What the "evil" is escapes me for the moment. I could guess and say that it has something to do with Satan feeding into David's pride...I could be wrong.

Well, the real problem is sin. Sure, it sounds like something you've heard before, but I believe there in an underestimation of it; that if we just "knew" what sin is in respect to ? , then we would see that our hands can do nothing to remedy it. The two scriptures kind of hint to just how potent sin is.

So you are saying that both ? and Satan wanted David to number Israel? If thats the case then why does one scripture say ? and fail to mention Satan and the other says Satan but fails to mention ? ?

And if the purpose of ? saying to number Israel was good then why does it say ? was angry and actually had people killed for doing what he wanted David to do?
  • alissowack
    edited November 2011
    Options
    So you are saying that both ? and Satan wanted David to number Israel? If thats the case then why does one scripture say ? and fail to mention Satan and the other says Satan but fails to mention ? ?

And if the purpose of ? saying to number Israel was good then why does it say ? was angry and actually had people killed for doing what he wanted David to do?

The issue isn't so much who told David to do something. The issue isn't even about good or evil. The issue is with sin. Because of sin, we can never obey or make a choice that glorifies ? . In David's case, Satan's word was a lot more "honorable" than ? 's Word...and it was for the same act of obedience.
  • beenwize
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The issue isn't so much who told David to do something. The issue isn't even about good or evil. The issue is with sin. Because of sin, we can never obey or make a choice that glorifies ? . In David's case, Satan's word was a lot more "honorable" than ? 's Word...and it was for the same act of obedience.

i understand about what u are saying about sin. but this is not the topic i am speaking on. i am speaking on the 2 scriptures that portray the same act to number israel but one is by Satan and the other ? .

In both instances ? kills people for numbering Israel but in one scripture ? ordered David to number Israel so it doesnt make complete sense and u might know what I mean but u keep changing the subject into sin.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    NB4 judahxulu sons this thread with a proper hebrew translation...

my opinion tho is it might just be alluding to some type of duality of good/evil mumbo jumbo or some ? like that
  • alissowack
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i understand about what u are saying about sin. but this is not the topic i am speaking on. i am speaking on the 2 scriptures that portray the same act to number israel but one is by Satan and the other ? .

In both instances ? kills people for numbering Israel but in one scripture ? ordered David to number Israel so it doesnt make complete sense and u might know what I mean but u keep changing the subject into sin.

I know it appears as if I am changing the subject. I'm not intentionally trying to change the subject. Sin is the reason why ? has people killed.
  • Rebelde.Conocido
    Rebelde.Conocido Members Posts: 4
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The bible was created for mind control. ? /Satan is all a fraudulent scheme design to conquer people by the Europeans.
  • beenwize
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The bible was created for mind control. ? /Satan is all a fraudulent scheme design to conquer people by the Europeans.

It might be possible that the Bible was changed around with all the editing, revisions, and translations but for the most part I believe it to be the word of ? .
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    No, that's not the case here.
  • Rock_Well
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Nah, it doesn't say ? gave word to do it, nor does it say Satan gave word. It says 'moved'. It was David's word that got them in trouble, check 2 Samuel 24:4.
  • alissowack
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Nah, it doesn't say ? gave word to do it, nor does it say Satan gave word. It says 'moved'. It was David's word that got them in trouble, check 2 Samuel 24:4.

Well, maybe not words...but there was influence.
  • beenwize
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I know it appears as if I am changing the subject. I'm not intentionally trying to change the subject. Sin is the reason why ? has people killed.

oh please i didnt ask u nothing about no sin. i asked u why does one scripture say ? commited an act and the other one says Satan did the act. How can 2 people commit the same act was my question to u... stop changing the subject like your brain is not functioning correctly.
  • alissowack
    edited November 2011
    Options
    oh please i didnt ask u nothing about no sin. i asked u why does one scripture say ? commited an act and the other one says Satan did the act. How can 2 people commit the same act was my question to u... stop changing the subject like your brain is not functioning correctly.

Well, how does ? (or Satan) is suppose to act? What you want is a reason to justify the motives for why two entities would put poor David through that. And...there is no answer for it...and for someone to try to explain it to you would leave you scratching your head a little more. Unfortunately, at the end of the day, the issue of sin still remains.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

an undercover agent named smith busts u on a huge coke deal. he works for the dea which is a law enforcement agency but he has the ability to break the law in order to catch drug dealers. who busted you? agent smith or the dea? both. would there be a need for agent smith if there were no drugs? no. so whose fault is it? yours. so in essence the law remained constant aand u chose to go against the grain which caused a chain reaction. overstand the metaphor and be at peace.
  • Rock_Well
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Thank you. ^ i didn't rly care to do the honors first.

But i'll add another ex. for the extra slow.

My friend at a entire bag of chips yesterday after smoking. You understand that doesn't mean he was munching on plastic, rather that he ate the contents in the bag. The statement is still accurate though because the bag is representation of what's in it.

Also, Yah removed His protection from David and allowed Satan to tempt David because He was mad with Israel. In this, He uses David weakness as a opportunity to teach them a real life lesson. Satan actually tempted David, but it was done w/ Yah's approval which in an indirect sense kind of makes it Yah's doing. But like i said, it's still was David's word, that's why he's held responsible.
  • judahxulu
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Thank you. ^ i didn't rly care to do the honors first.

But i'll add another ex. for the extra slow.

My friend at a entire bag of chips yesterday after smoking. You understand that doesn't mean he was munching on plastic, rather that he ate the contents in the bag. The statement is still accurate though because the bag is representation of what's in it.

Also, Yah removed His protection from David and allowed Satan to tempt David because He was mad with Israel. In this, He uses David weakness as a opportunity to teach them a real life lesson. Satan actually tempted David, but it was done w/ Yah's approval which in an indirect sense kind of makes it Yah's doing. But like i said, it's still was David's word, that's why he's held responsible.
    i see u been studying, huh? good stuff..
  • Rock_Well
    edited November 2011
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    i see u been studying, huh? good stuff..
    u too, i see u ...i fell off on studying for a minute actually :( been recently trying to get back in it
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Thought the devil wasnt even a real being?
  • judahxulu
    edited November 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Thought the devil wasnt even a real being?

its not. its self-aware artificial intelligence.
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    You ever heard of PROMIS??
    What is Promis?

...Designed as a case-management system for prosecutors, PROMIS has the ability to track people. "Every use of PROMIS in the court system is tracking people," said Inslaw President Hamilton. "You can rotate the file by case, defendant, arresting officer, judge, defense lawyer, and it's tracking all the names of all the people in all the cases."
    What this means is that PROMIS can provide a complete rundown of all federal cases in which a lawyer has been involved, or all the cases in which a lawyer has represented defendant A, or all the cases in which a lawyer has represented white-collar criminals, at which stage in each of the cases the lawyer agreed to a plea bargain, and so on. Based on this information, PROMIS can help a prosecutor determine when a plea will be taken in a particular type of case.
    But the real power of PROMIS, according to Hamilton, is that with a staggering 570,000 lines of computer code, PROMIS can integrate innumerable databases without requiring any reprogramming. In essence, PROMIS can turn blind data into information. And anyone in government will tell you that information, when wielded with finesse, begets power. Converted to use by intelligence agencies, as has been alleged in interviews by ex-CIA and Israeli Mossad agents, PROMIS can be a powerful tracking device capable of monitoring intelligence operations, agents and targets, instead of legal cases.
    —Richard L. Fricker, Wired magazine, 1993, "The INSLAW Octopus".[1]
    More from the same article --
    PROMIS has the ability to combine disparate databases, and to track people by their involvement with the legal system.
    Imagine you are in charge of the legal arm of the most powerful government on the face of the globe, but your internal information systems are mired in the archaic technology of the 1960s. There's a Department of Justice database, a CIA database, an Attorney's General database, an IRS database, and so on, but none of them can share information. That makes tracking multiple offenders pretty ? difficult, and building cases against them a long and bureaucratic task.
    Along comes a computer program that can integrate all these databases
    —Fricker, Wired
    A different author --
    Working from either huge mainframe computer systems or smaller networks powered by the progenitors of today's PCs, PROMIS, from its first "test drive" a quarter century ago, was able to do one thing that no other program had ever been able to do. It was able to simultaneously read and integrate any number of different computer programs or data bases simultaneously, regardless of the language in which the original programs had been written or the operating system or platforms on which that data base was then currently installed.
    —Michael Ruppert, FTW.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prosecutor's_Management_Information_System
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Or check this out:
    IBM has unveiled a new experimental computer chip that it says mimics the human brain in that it perceives, acts and even thinks.
    It terms the machines built with these chips “cognitive computers”, claiming that they are able to learn through experience, find patterns, generate ideas and understand the outcomes.
    In building this new generation of chip, IBM combined principles of nanoscience, neuroscience and supercomputing.
    It has been awarded $21m (£12.7m) of new funding by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) for the next phase of the project, which it terms “Systems of Neuromorphic Adaptive Plastic Scalable Electronics” (SyNAPSE).
    “This is a major initiative to move beyond the von Neumann paradigm that has been ruling computer architecture for more than half a century,” said Dharmendra Modha, project leader for IBM Research.

http://www.computing.co.uk/ctg/news/2102735/ibm-unveils-chips-mimic-human-brain
  • beenwize
    edited November 2011
    Options
    hmmm I wasnt born yesteday and it seems as if I would have to lower my intelligence to view both of these scriptures the same way as u are telling me to.

As I have said before this world is like a matrix world in the sense that everyone tries to fight tooth and nail for their so called system of beliefs even when confronted with obvious problems.

Many have been programmed to just believe everything and to not question anything. How do any of you know that corruption has not been done when you already admit that certain words like Lord, ? , Jesus, and etc were ADDED in the book? None of us have seen the original manuscripts of any of these books so we are all taking a gigantic leap of faith.

Then when a free thinking unindoctrinated person comes to question these people, the so called believers in every word look for anyway possible to fight for this belief system instead of being open minded and admiting that there are some problems.

So it makes me wonder if some of us are unknowingly puppets for the powers that be by being defenders of systems of indoctrination handed to us ?
  • beenwize
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It just amazes me how certain people admit that the name Jesus, Lord, ? , and etc were added to the Bible but they don't stop to ask themselves what else was added to the Bible?

These same people say that Jesus is a false name for the messiah and that it is a sin to use that name... But if the Bible is holy and the word of ? how could that name be changed by men who are supposidly the servants of Satan? And if you people admit that these men who supposidly are the servants of Satan changed the very important name of the messiah and ? in the Bible then what makes u think they didnt change anything else?

The Bible states that the messiahs name is the ONLY name under heaven whereby we must be saved but for hundreds and hundreds of years the world has what u people say are false names case in point the name Jesus. So who can be saved if all we had was false names? This jus dont make any sense.

Acts 4:12
    Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

The Bible is the 100% word of ? but we still have to do research on the internet, dictionaries, and everywhere else just to find out what the correct name of ? and the Messiah is?

something seems wrong.