I aint really feeling these new boondock episodes

Options
dat_bk_nicca
dat_bk_nicca Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭
edited May 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
anybody watching it right now on adult swim? the 1st season was the best season imo, the 2nd one was cool but 3 episodes in (i missed the 2nd one) and i havent really laughed

Comments

• Cake4real
    Cake4real Members Posts: 815
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm looking at it now and it's boring. What is the message behind this episode?
  • BlackRoses
    BlackRoses Members Posts: 407
    edited May 2010
    Options
    u wasnt laughin when the white girl who was suppose to be hurt was dancing in front of dude from the dodgeball league
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    They fell off after first season. Seriously, that second season was forced and cheap laughs
  • young chad
    young chad Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Worst episode of the series...the girl dancing and Uncle Rukus were the only two laughs
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The first episode was so good and the last two have been duds
    Hopefully the rest of the season is fire
  • shizza
    shizza Members Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Case and point as to why Dave Chappelle dipped from the Chappelle Show.. Nd for that i commend him. cuz ? like yall r the main reason why this has to be the last season of the boondocks because they always gonna say..
    oh this season is not as good as the last
  • t. webb
    t. webb Members Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    They fell off after first season. Seriously, that second season was forced and cheap laughs

^^^
    This.....The first season was classic....all the stories seemed to have an underlying meaning...Second season had a few with them but the third has yet to have any....well except the first episode.
  • geechee slim
    geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I still think the BET episode was the funniest Ep EVER.
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Maybe but u have to at least watch an entire season for it to be judged
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Nah i thought this episode was fire. not necessarily for the laughs, but the story and the animation
  • lord hade
    lord hade Members Posts: 260
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Season three has not bee a let down at all. You all aren't paying attention.

1st. Episode revolved around Black America's reaction to having a Black President. Think About it, watch it again!!
    2nd. Episode dealt with the standards by which we judge Rap artists success.
  • T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    bigb86 wrote: »
    Maybe but u have to at least watch an entire season for it to be judged

co sign....
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Every Boondocks Episode is not a form of social commentary. This was just a fun episode. Had some cool anim showed another side of Huey. Just fun in this one.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Every Boondocks Episode is not a form of social commentary. This was just a fun episode. Had some cool anim showed another side of Huey. Just fun in this one.
    Co-sign. Belive it or not, I though this was the best drawn episode of the season. Huey be on some legendary ? .
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Are ya'll ? slow or something? You're saying that an episode that wasn't meant to be comedic primarily was bad because it wasn't funny? How does that even make sense? I'm not saying you don't have the right to not like it or say it was bad. You do. However, if the ? wasn't meant to be a particularly funny episode, saying it was bad because it wasn't funny is stupid. I completely agree that the girl dancing and Uncle Ruckus were the only funny parts, although I did laugh at a few of the racist lines. Ya'll overthink things. Boondocks does a lot with it's episodes. Some are just comedy. Some are social commentary. Some primarily take shots at certain groups or people. And some, like this one, are homages to influences of the shows style. Anyone with eyes should be able to see that the episode was the Boondocks take on anime action. Specifically, it was an homage to the Samurai Champloo Baseball episode. Samurai Champloo being the same anime that influenced the opening to the Boondocks.
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lord hade wrote: »
    Season three has not bee a let down at all. You all aren't paying attention.

1st. Episode revolved around Black America's reaction to having a Black President. Think About it, watch it again!!
    2nd. Episode dealt with the standards by which we judge Rap artists success.

Thank you somebody paying attention besides me! C/S 100%
  • lord hade
    lord hade Members Posts: 260
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Are ya'll ? slow or something? You're saying that an episode that wasn't meant to be comedic primarily was bad because it wasn't funny? How does that even make sense? I'm not saying you don't have the right to not like it or say it was bad. You do. However, if the ? wasn't meant to be a particularly funny episode, saying it was bad because it wasn't funny is stupid. I completely agree that the girl dancing and Uncle Ruckus were the only funny parts, although I did laugh at a few of the racist lines. Ya'll overthink things. Boondocks does a lot with it's episodes. Some are just comedy. Some are social commentary. Some primarily take shots at certain groups or people. And some, like this one, are homages to influences of the shows style. Anyone with eyes should be able to see that the episode was the Boondocks take on anime action. Specifically, it was an homage to the Samurai Champloo Baseball episode. Samurai Champloo being the same anime that influenced the opening to the Boondocks.

I agree somewhat. The latest episode actually spoke more about the War. How two extremely rich men will start a conflict that involves innocent people. The conflict also make enemies of the individuals, who would otherwise be comrades. Huey was like any other free thinking person, didn't want to be involved or in the middle of something that actually had nothing to do with him. As far as humor, you need to see the movie "Shaolin Soccer" to understand where the kickball action came from.
  • cj1186
    cj1186 Members Posts: 19
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lord hade wrote: »
    I agree somewhat. The latest episode actually spoke more about the War. How two extremely rich men will start a conflict that involves innocent people. The conflict also make enemies of the individuals, who would otherwise be comrades. Huey was like any other free thinking person, didn't want to be involved or in the middle of something that actually had nothing to do with him. As far as humor, you need to see the movie "Shaolin Soccer" to understand where the dodgeball action came from.

the last episode hinted at America's debt with China too... having Wuncler bet the entire neighborhood on the game...
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    give it time. geesh.

i liked the 1st 2 ep. alot.

the 3nd. i got it...........but its a old drawn out, overdone storyline. imo.

and im a sucker for Ed the 3rd. and Ruckus. any show that has those two are wins for me. hope 3rd season has more. Ginn Rummy.
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    yeah it did seem kinda boring,i expected this season to be more controversial and interesting

i hope he steps his game up
  • geechee slim
    geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    There's an underlying message tho. The fact the Americans get easy bailouts. The fact that overseas, little kids are in sweat shops.

Plus this episode was like watching Dragon Ball Z.
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    the 4th episode about the soccer team,and the white man paying big money for foreign players was kinda deep if you look deep into it

but one thing they still didnt touch on was..

The recession

Hatred for Obama

I wish we had requests on what he should make
  • Rocket Kidd
    Rocket Kidd Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    1st season was great

2nd season was good but i wasn't really feelin the "banned" episodes because it seemed like it was done out of spite and not for comedy.

3rd season has been good so far -shrugs-
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    imo its hard to top "passion of Uncle Ruckus" and "lets Nab Oprah" ep. those 2 are my favs.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    When the ? did season 3 start? Ain't none of you people even tell me the ? was bout to premier.