What's Love Got To Do With It?

Options
Blue Virgo
Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
What's love....but a second hand emotion?

So, my boyfriend and I were having date night at his house on Friday while his wife was out of town. We decided to watch "What's Love Got To Do With It", because he said it was a true love story. Anyway, as we're watching the movie, he begins to pick scenes apart telling me why Ike was the real victim in the movie and not Tina.

He'd say things such as," See how caring Ike is? He tells her that she's putting on a few pounds and tells her that he loves it... and then he's getting her out of that damn dreadful hospital."

I said, "But, she's ill!"

His response: "Doctors don't care about Tina, they just want that money. Ike cares about her and he's gonna take care of her... what a good fiance'."

And I said something like, "But he isn't a doctor."

Him: "Ike know more than the doctors, the doctors don't know Tina. Ike knows Tina."

Anyway, I say that to ask this...Who do you feel was the real victim in the movie and why?

Comments

• junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    blue virgo wrote: »
    What's love....but a second hand emotion?

So, my boyfriend and I were having date night at his house on Friday while his wife was out of town. We decided to watch "What's Love Got To Do With It", because he said it was a true love story. Anyway, as we're watching the movie, he begins to pick scenes apart telling me why Ike was the real victim in the movie and not Tina.

He'd say things such as," See how caring Ike is? He tells her that she's putting on a few pounds and tells her that he loves it... and then he's getting her out of that damn dreadful hospital."

I said, "But, she's ill!"

His response: "Doctors don't care about Tina, they just want that money. Ike cares about her and he's gonna take care of her... what a good fiance'."

And I said something like, "But he isn't a doctor."

Him: "Ike know more than the doctors, the doctors don't know Tina. Ike knows Tina."

Anyway, I say that to ask this...Who do you feel was the real victim in the movie and why?

lmao...depends on what angle you look at it...Ike Turner could very well be painted as the bigger victim in the Ike Turner/Tina Turner saga
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    the real victim was her wigs

they seemed sad because of all the pulling, and blood splatters
  • Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    smh @ Ike and Joe Jackson not getting the props they deserve
  • American Loo VII 3D
    American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    am i misreading something or is your boyfriend married?
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    the backup singers....and everyone who was subjected to watch this drama on the daily basis, but were afraid to speak up in fear of losing their checks...

dudes who felt demasculated, cuz they had to witness this..

the woman who tried to help on the sneal only to be humiliated and put in their place when the eye of the tiger focused on them...
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    There are no victims of domestic violence.

That ? knows what she did to get her ass beat and knew it would drive him to that point which is why the ? did it. If a dude been with a raging ? for long enough to know he wants to lay hands on her then it's HIS fault for dealing with that ? and its HER FAULT for doing what ever it is she did to ? him off.

Imma go ahead and trust the judgement of the dude who has to deal with the ? instead of some idiot who sees a ? getting her ass beat and just institutionally takes her side because she has a ? . That ? is ? .
  • Blue Virgo
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Another example of his in regards to the scene where Tina's feeling sick and her throat is hurting--she's tired and doesn't know if she can go out on stage. =~(*

Me: This where she should've left. Actually, she shouldive left when he broke into the hospital.

Him: Why would you leave Ike?

Me: Because he's nuts

Him: No he's not, she ? up.

Me: Now he's calling her a sorry ? .

Him: Ike is just trying to motivate her. She is a sorry ? ...sorriest Ike ever saw.

• Blue Virgo
    edited May 2010
    Options
    am i misreading something or is your boyfriend married?

Not only is he married, but he apparently has 2 kids.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    LOL @ you and b/f on date night
    But you know Tina used to ? with Ike just as much, and she was much bigger than Ike than the movie predicts. Ike was maybe 5'7 135lbs soaking wet, he wasn't big at all. And being a musician Ike was a perfectionist and would spend hours perfecting his craft and being a woman, Tina probably was'nt getting that "womanly attention" sometimes and would set Ike off just to ? with him, she could probably whup Ike ass if she tried, so that movie is all ?
  • takesithard1
    takesithard1 Members Posts: 134
    edited May 2010
    Options
    blue virgo wrote: »
    Another example of his in regards to the scene where Tina's feeling sick and her throat is hurting--she's tired and doesn't know if she can go out on stage. =~(*

Me: This where she should've left. Actually, she shouldive left when he broke into the hospital.

Him: Why would you leave Ike?

Me: Because he's nuts

Him: No he's not, she ? up.

Me: Now he's calling her a sorry ? .

Him: Ike is just trying to motivate her. She is a sorry ? ...sorriest Ike ever saw.

LMAO.

This is one of my favorite movies.Tina was the victim in more ways than one.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    After watching this movie for the first time, I never looked at cake the same way again

44918457.JPG
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ^ LMAO! Eat cake Anna Mae. One of the best lines in movie history.