Who made up the story that Adam and Eve were white?

Options
waynefan
waynefan Members Posts: 129
edited November 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Adam and Eve were black.but even black christians think Adam and Eve were white I mean has anybody ever tried to paint them as black because clearly white people wasn't around when ? created Adam and Eve.

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    What story says they were white? Simple logic would tell you a group of people will attach their own image to a religious belief based in themselves, no big deal.
  • waynefan
    waynefan Members Posts: 129
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I was watching a story and eve was a white woman and so was Adam and I wonder who made or painted them that.
  • beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    waynefan wrote: »
    I was watching a story and eve was a white woman and so was Adam and I wonder who made or painted them that.

ofcourse they were black. they were made out of the dust of the earth.

white people paint them white like they paint Jesus white to act as if they are a superious race. Christ was black as well.

The earth is given into the hand of the wicked (Satan & Caucasians) and they covered the face of the judge of the earth (Christ) with their own white images. Thats why they portray all the Biblical characters as white people wen they really were black people. The real Israelites of the Bible are the descendents of the trans atlantic slave trade.

Job 9:24
    The earth is given into the hand of the wicked: he covereth the faces of the judges thereof; if not, where, and who is he?

Apocrypha: 1 Macabees Chapter 3
    And laid open the book of the law, wherein the heathen had sought to paint the likeness of their images.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    nobody made up the story per se. it was renaissance artists who just made the visuals to fit their position and worldview. images are powerful.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    when did any Black people fleece the truth, and did this??

they didnt have to because the originals didnt spin off that color ? . all it was was a spectrum of browns and blacks until recent times (relatively speaking) so color wasnt even an issue to obscure the truth with.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    European artists who hadn't traveled much (if at all) outside of Europe just assumed that the characters in the Bible looked like them.

It wasn't part of a secret racist plan.

Like I asked recently, if blacks shouldn't worship a white Jesus, why should whites worship a black Jesus?

Also, Adam and Eve did not exist.