new procedure to turn brown eyes to blue

Options
chilly
chilly Members Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
edited November 2011 in The Social Lounge
http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/california-inventor-develops-20-second-laser-procedure-turns-eyes-blue-article-1.972150

On my phone so I can't copy and paste the content.
Some doctor basically said every one that has brown eyes has blue eyes underneath and he can zap away the pigmentation in 20 seconds.
It cost 5 thousand dollars and already has lots of people ready to pay.
Wont catch me doing that ? .

If a mod can copy the info from the link id appreciate it.

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    WANT TO turn those brown eyes blue — permanently?

A California inventor says he has developed a new 20-second laser procedure that will turn brown eyes blue, without damaging vision, for around $5,000.

Gregg Homer, founder of Stroma Medical in Laguna Beach, Calif., told the Daily News he’s already tested the irreversible cosmetic treatment on about 12 volunteers in Mexico, safely removing small patches of brown pigment from at least one eye in each subject.

The dramatic switch is possible because all brown-eyed people have blue-looking orbs under the layer of dark pigment that covers each iris, he said.

“People like the depth of a light eye,” he told The News, citing a company poll of 2,000 patients that found 17.5% would seek the treatment. “Eyes are the windows to the soul, and a light eye is like an open window.”

His plan is to test the full procedure in both eyes of voluntary subjects in about a year, he said. Stroma then hopes to market the treatment outside the U.S. — probably Mexico, Canada and Europe.

Maybe Johnny Depp with brown eyes. Or Salma Hayek?

Homer, a former lawyer who developed the technology with a team of ophthalmologists, is concerned more with safety than celebrity. “We’re testing way more than we need to,” he said. “We could have done everything in a year, but we didn’t want to risk harming any clinical patients.”

Prospective patients should be able to visit a doctor’s office, undergo a quick eye scan and see a rendering of themselves with the predicted shade of their underlying blue eye color. If they opt for the procedure, they’ll sit in front of what look like giant binoculars and watch a 20-second animation as a computer-guided laser breaks down their brown pigment, he said.

“You won’t feel anything,” Homer said. “Your eyes will get a little darker for the first week. Then in two to four weeks, they’ll be completely changed.”

He said he has “no doubt” he’ll get FDA approval in the U.S. — in about three years.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/california-inventor-develops-20-second-laser-procedure-turns-eyes-blue-article-1.972150#ixzz1claLrWFD

Let the conspiracies begin..
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    its about to be a bunch of blind ass hoes cryin lawsuit
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    People have been tattooing eyes for a while now. I wonder if this is any less crazy?
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    chilly wrote: »
    http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/california-inventor-develops-20-second-laser-procedure-turns-eyes-blue-article-1.972150

On my phone so I can't copy and paste the content.
    Some doctor basically said every one that has brown eyes has blue eyes underneath and he can zap away the pigmentation in 20 seconds.
    It cost 5 thousand dollars and already has lots of people ready to pay.
    Wont catch me doing that ? .

If a mod can copy the info from the link id appreciate it.

Add some cake soap to that, and we're getting somewhere. SMH at eugenics finally taking hold.

e31273b4ea16061.jpg.jpg
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I wonder about the long term effects of this procedure. On top of that, do people really want to change their eye color?
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    SMH.........
    some people should be grateful that they have functioning eyesight rather than worrying what the ? color their pupils are.
  • chilly
    chilly Members Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    Add some cake soap to that, and we're getting somewhere. SMH at eugenics finally taking hold.

e31273b4ea16061.jpg.jpg

man what happened to dude? he looks like a zombie. he ODed on that cake soap. but yeah i can imagine lots of people bleaching their skin, hair, and then getting this procedure.

I wonder if a study could be done about job opportunities and such once this becomes available in a few years.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The Nazis did alot of nasty human experimentation trying to invent something like this.

Mengele tried injecting ink into ppl's eyes and ? smfh
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Let the conspiracies begin..

no point to doing that. there have been for awhile the ability to change sex surgically, to create designer infant choosing their gender and whatnot, skin bleaching creams etc. Low self-esteem and angry arrogance against the intelligent design of nature are big business. You would hope there is conspiracy theory behind it, because such the like is man's intrinsic modus operandi then humans are not going to be around for too much longer. either extinct or further mutated as trans-human cybernetic chimeras.