If you catch a charge, post bail and get acquitted..

Options
tommy_jules
tommy_jules Members Posts: 138
edited November 2011 in The Social Lounge
Do you get your bail money back?

Just curious..

Comments

• im_lux
    im_lux Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lol hell nah ? ...charge that ? to the game.
  • tommy_jules
    tommy_jules Members Posts: 138
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Didn't think so. That would be too fair. If you're acquitted than you should have never been in jail in the first place. You should get that ? back. I'm not surprised.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I heard in some states they automatically mail you a refund a few weeks after your trial ends.
  • RumBoxTen
    RumBoxTen Members Posts: 187
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yes you get the money back. If you guilty they keep the bond, house or whatever,
  • Just2C
    Just2C Members Posts: 931 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I think it depends on the charge.
  • im_lux
    im_lux Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    I heard in some states they automatically mail you a refund a few weeks after your trial ends.
    RumBoxTen wrote: »
    Yes you get the money back. If you guilty they keep the bond, house or whatever,

I believe that's only if you pay the full bond to the court/jail rather than doing the 10-15% with the bail bondsman. But that's regardless if you win or not.

If you use a Bail Bondsman it's his money he's putting up you're only putting up a deposit on the loan. So he gets his loan money back from the jail and keeps your deposit. But like I said if you pay it at the jail you have to pay the full amount of your bail yourself in order to get out. Once your court case is over they take something like 10% out of it and give you the other 90% back. At least that's how it works here.