who's an actor or actress you thought was gonna blow but didnt go nowhere?

Options
KplusK
KplusK Members Posts: 2,114 ✭✭
edited May 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
I thought larenz tate was gonna get alot more parts and at least be a b list actor but dammm. also i thought i wouldve seen Monique in more movie rolls she even though she just had that precious movie but thats it thought she be in at least a few more movies than that.

Comments

• Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Christian Slater
    Chris O'Donnell
  • sdca
    sdca Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Never really had high expectations for Mo’Nique…

I agree on Christian Slater.

Edward Norton is another great waste of potential.
    He's such a good actor, I think he's a lot better than most…
  • KplusK
    edited May 2010
    Options
    sdca wrote: »
    Never really had high expectations for Mo’Nique…

I agree on Christian Slater.

Edward Norton is another great waste of potential.
    He's such a good actor, I think he's a lot better than most…

yeah Norton did dissapoint and very talented
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Joaquin Phoenix. Dude is much more talented than his peers like Dicaprio, Norton, Matt Damon, etc.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Alicia Silverstone
  • adagreat
    adagreat Members Posts: 679
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Earl DMX Simmons
  • sickbizzle
    sickbizzle Members Posts: 1,184 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Jessica Alba

yea she's still in movies but they should be puttin that ? in every movie possible.
  • Rocket Kidd
    Rocket Kidd Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    sickbizzle wrote: »
    Jessica Alba

yea she's still in movies but they should be puttin that ? in every movie possible.

chick got more razzies than anyone i know lol...but i get your point
  • ra-mes1
    ra-mes1 Members Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Angela Bassett.She's been working, but I would've loved (still) to see way more of her. Last thing I remember her in was Akila and the Bee....that was like 4 years ago.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Terrence Howard, even though he gets on my nerves I thought he was gonna be huge.

Derek Luke also.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ra-mes1 wrote: »
    Angela Bassett.She's been working, but I would've loved (still) to see way more of her. Last thing I remember her in was Akila and the Bee....that was like 4 years ago.

She was in Notorious and one of those Tyler Perry movies if that counts
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ra-mes1 wrote: »

^^^ this right here
  • DatGuyJ22
    DatGuyJ22 Members Posts: 1,093
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Edward Norton is still doin good movies

I thought Derek Luke was gonna be big after Antwone Fisher
  • ra-mes1
    ra-mes1 Members Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    She was in Notorious and one of those Tyler Perry movies if that counts

I didn't see either....but that's still my point, she's had supporting roles but when's the last time she was the main character or featured prominently?
  • wizv.2
    wizv.2 Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I agree with Angela Bassett. Up until I noticed Taraji P. Henson, she was by far my favorite black actress (favorite overall for that matter). She had all that talent and potential, but I feel like its all being wasted away with the type of roles she has taken over the years. When's the last time we've seen her in a strong lead actress role on the big screen?
  • DatGuyJ22
    DatGuyJ22 Members Posts: 1,093
    edited May 2010
    Options
    wizv.2 wrote: »
    I agree with Angela Bassett. Up until I noticed Taraji P. Henson, she was by far my favorite black actress (favorite overall for that matter). She had all that talent and potential, but I feel like its all being wasted away with the type of roles she has taken over the years. When's the last time we've seen her in a strong lead actress role on the big screen?

Benjamin Button, even though she wasn't no lead
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Terrence Howard, even though he gets on my nerves I thought he was gonna be huge.

Derek Luke also.

Blowing roles like Iron Man 2, thats your answer

And Derek Luke hell yea, what the ? happened to the ? ??
    I thought he was blowing up no doubt
  • nasmandru
    nasmandru Members Posts: 126
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Topher Grace. I really bought into all the next Tom Hanks hype, but for whatever reason it just hasn't panned out. He'll be lucky to have a John Cusack type career.

I'm shocked at how fast Mila Kunis has blown up, had no idea.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Myia Campbell (In the House)
    Reagan Gomez (The Parenthood)

Joy Bryant

I forgot dude's name...the light skinned guy that played Eve's man in the Barbershop.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Jamie Foxx - After the greatness of Ray, it seems the curse of the statue has hit... his films after Ray have been close to ?

Shia LaBeouf - This ? is the opposite of 'box-office poison'... his movies sell but they all wack (Transformers, Indy 4, Disturbia)

John Travolta - Tarantino gave this guy another chance at stardom... all he can boast of now is B-movies and juvenile family comedies...

Keanu Reeves - I don't know if The Matrix movies were a one-off...

Lindsay Lohan - ...

Ben Affleck - This dude shoulda stuck in his lane like his buddy and it woulda been smooth sailing... but he chose silly scripts, married an industry ? and became a media ? ... all he can command now is low budget film scripts

Malculay Culkin - 'Home Alone' was that ? ... he was hanging around with Mike too... then...

Edward Furlong - This is the kid in Terminator 2... just on the strength of that film alone he woulda become a superstar... then...

Gabrielle Union - She has the looks, has OK acting skills... but she still under Tyler Perry territory

Off the top of my head...
  • KplusK
    edited May 2010
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Jamie Foxx - After the greatness of Ray, it seems the curse of the statue has hit... his films after Ray have been close to ?

Shia LaBeouf - This ? is the opposite of 'box-office poison'... his movies sell but they all wack (Transformers, Indy 4, Disturbia)

John Travolta - Tarantino gave this guy another chance at stardom... all he can boast of now is B-movies and juvenile family comedies...

Keanu Reeves - I don't know if The Matrix movies were a one-off...

Lindsay Lohan - ...

Ben Affleck - This dude shoulda stuck in his lane like his buddy and it woulda been smooth sailing... but he chose silly scripts, married an industry ? and became a media ? ... all he can command now is low budget film scripts

Malculay Culkin - 'Home Alone' was that ? ... he was hanging around with Mike too... then...

Edward Furlong - This is the kid in Terminator 2... just on the strength of that film alone he woulda become a superstar... then...

Gabrielle Union - She has the looks, has OK acting skills... but she still under Tyler Perry territory

Off the top of my head...

Not a bad list but travolta had his time so i wouldnt really count him...and def foxx fell the ? off guess movie business not as good as the music business at least for him.
  • Da Baw$e
    Da Baw$e Members Posts: 12
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • nasmandru
    nasmandru Members Posts: 126
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I don't think guys like ryan gosling & James franco want to be huge stars. They just like acting. And Macaulay is to busy ? Mila Kunis to care about acting in any movies. His brothers are really good actors though.
  • magic_b
    magic_b Members Posts: 282
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I surely thought Lindsay Lohan was gonna blow up but pretty much all she did was blow....if you catch my drift
  • kuskklassic
    kuskklassic Members Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    agreed. let me also add

Derek Luke
    Larenz Tate

^^both have played in some award-worthy roles.