Remember when Tom Hanks made good movies?

Options
American Loo VII 3D
American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
his last great film was Castaway.

Catch me if you can was good, but not great.

Comments

• wizv.2
    wizv.2 Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Cast Away was mad boring IMO. After The Green Mile, nothing he did impressed me.
  • sickbizzle
    sickbizzle Members Posts: 1,184 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Road to Perdition is his best movie.
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Man Cast Away was my ? . But yeah, did and did ? since then. I saw some wack ass movie in an Airport, and I just dont like those Di Vinci Code ass movies.
  • wizv.2
    wizv.2 Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    sickbizzle wrote: »

Thats the one movie I didn't see...gotta check it out now.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i freakin loved the terminal. no idea why. I just love movies in airports for some odd reason. Up In The Air was my favorite flick last year (besides Watchmen)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • American Loo VII 3D
    edited May 2010
    Options

road to perdition was a great film, but hardly his best.

Philadelphia

Saving Private Ryan

and of course Forrest Gump are all much better films
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I see your Tom Hanks and I raise you "Remember when Eddie Murphy made good movies?"

smh at how they fell off
  • sickbizzle
    edited May 2010
    Options
    road to perdition was a great film, but hardly his best.

Philadelphia

Saving Private Ryan

and of course Forrest Gump are all much better films

i don't agree. Hanks was a better actor in those movies i can maybe agree, but on a whole i don't care much for any one of those 3 movies. and The Green Mile was def better then those
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    wizv.2 wrote: »
    Cast Away was mad boring IMO. After The Green Mile, nothing he did impressed me.

I really liked "Catch me if you can", speaking of that whats up with Leo's movies of late I have no idea what any of his last couple movies are about.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Dude is way TOO 'family friendly'...
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i forgot about davinci code and angels and demons, both were awesome but nowhere near as good as the books.
  • Blue Libra
    Blue Libra Members Posts: 1,940 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    his last great film was Castaway.

Catch me if you can was good, but not great.

You dumb ? your post doesn't go with your thread title/premise.
  • American Loo VII 3D
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i don't agree. Hanks was a better actor in those movies i can maybe agree, but on a whole i don't care much for any one of those 3 movies. and The Green Mile was def better then those

well he won back to back oscars for two of those films
  • sickbizzle
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Oscars don't mean ? to me i form my own opinion.

and anyway that's why i said i can see that he was a better actor in those movies. as a whole those weren't better then The Green Mile or Road to Perdition though: Philadelphia - good acting but the movie was overrated ? , Forrest Gump - good acting, overrated ? movie, Saving Private Ryan - nothing special about the acting, overrated ? movie except for the D-Day scenes.

and your thread is called Remember when Tom Hanks made good movies, not Remember when Tom Hanks was a great actor in a movie.

you said his last good movie was Castaway which was ass btw while you ignored Road to Perdition; and amazing gangster film by a director who had just won Best Director and Best Picture Oscars with American Beauty - the film is also notable for featuring Paul Newman's last performance nevermind that it's an incredible film and Hanks actually does something different by playing a murderous gangster dealing with his own conscious and morality - you lack credibility and can't even keep consistant with the premise of your own thread.
  • American Loo VII 3D
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Oscars don't mean ? to me i form my own opinion.

and anyway that's why i said i can see that he was a better actor in those movies. as a whole those weren't better then The Green Mile or Road to Perdition though: Philadelphia - good acting but the movie was overrated ? , Forrest Gump - good acting, overrated ? movie, Saving Private Ryan - nothing special about the acting, overrated ? movie except for the D-Day scenes.

and your thread is called Remember when Tom Hanks made good movies, not Remember when Tom Hanks was a great actor in a movie.

you said his last good movie was Castaway which was ass btw while you ignored Road to Perdition; and amazing gangster film by a director who had just won Best Director and Best Picture Oscars with American Beauty - the film is also notable for featuring Paul Newman's last performance nevermind that it's an incredible film and Hanks actually does something different by playing a murderous gangster dealing with his own conscious and morality - you lack credibility and can't even keep consistant with the premise of your own thread.

Tom Hanks -- is that you? lol
  • sickbizzle
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lol

but seriously, you said Castaway was the last great film he made.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Last great film...?

AstUkxgFxYOvqdI.jpg