Rev. Wright: 'I am radioactive to Obama!'

Options
bornnraisedoffCMR
bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
edited May 2010 in The Social Lounge
Rev. Wright: 'Obama Threw Me Under the Bus'

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

NEW YORK — The Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Barack Obama's controversial former pastor, said in a letter obtained by The Associated Press that he is "toxic" to the Obama administration and that the president "threw me under the bus."

In his strongest language to date about the administration's 2-year-old rift with the Chicago pastor, Wright told a group raising money for African relief that his pleas to release frozen funds for use in earthquake-ravaged Haiti would likely be ignored.

"No one in the Obama administration will respond to me, listen to me, talk to me or read anything that I write to them. I am 'toxic' in terms of the Obama administration," Wright wrote the president of Africa 6000 International earlier this year.

"I am 'radioactive,' Sir. When Obama threw me under the bus, he threw me under the bus literally!" he wrote. "Any advice that I offer is going to be taken as something to be avoided. Please understand that!"

The White House didn't respond to requests for comment Monday about Wright's remarks. Several phone messages left by the AP for Wright at the Trinity United Church of Christ, where he is listed as a pastor emeritus, were not returned. Wright's spokeswoman, his daughter Jeri Wright, did not immediately comment on the substance of the letter.

Then-Sen. Obama cut ties with Wright when his more incendiary remarks became an Internet sensation in the spring of 2008. At a National Press Club appearance in April 2008, he claimed the U.S. government could plant AIDS in the black community, praised Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan and suggested Obama was putting his pastor at arm's length for political purposes while privately agreeing with him.

Obama denounced Wright as "divisive and destructive" and later cut ties to the pastor altogether and left Wright's church.

The letter was sent Feb. 18 to Joseph Prischak, the president of Africa 6000 International in Erie, Pa. Wright subsequently agreed to write a letter to Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner on the group's behalf to try to get access to millions of dollars.

Wright's original letter ranting against Obama's treatment of him surfaced in an appeal filed by federal inmate Arthur Morrison, boxing great Muhammad Ali's one-time manager, who was convicted of making phone threats.

Charles Lofton, Wright's executive assistant, told The Associated Press that he faxed a copy of the letter to Morrison's attorney as requested. A copy of the faxed letter signed by Wright showed that it was sent from the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago on March 31 to the fax number for Goodwin's law office in Tulsa, Okla.

Prischak, of Africa 6000 International, is a business partner of Morrison, who has been imprisoned for nearly 18 years after he was convicted of making phone threats between 1989 to 1992 to hospitals where an ex-girlfriend worked.

Prischak told Wright in a Feb. 11 letter that he was seeking the clergyman's help in reaching out to the U.S. Treasury Department. He said that Uday Hussein, the son of Saddam Hussein, had entrusted 87 million British pounds in 1990 to Morrison and Ali to buy pharmaceuticals, milk and food for the children of Iraq.

Prischak said the money was never spent because Morrison was imprisoned. He sought Wright's help in lobbying U.S. authorities to permit 25 million British pounds in interest from the money held in an overseas account to be allowed to be sent to faith-based groups for the children of Haiti.

Comments

• melanated khemist
    melanated khemist Members Posts: 608 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    im not saying i agree with obama,but wright innerstands politics and his outspokenness(his letter) are some of the very reasons obama had to shake him.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    the dude was a polorazing figure who didn't know when to keep his mouth shut. even if Obama agrees/agreed with dude 100%, there's no way he can be that close to him without losing ground. and Wright, as a pastor of all things, should know there's a time and place for erything...

Agreed not to say he wasnt right about alot but hat caucus performance was just ego driven and over the top
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Obama is another puppet, what you expect?
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    the dude was a polorazing figure who didn't know when to keep his mouth shut. even if Obama agrees/agreed with dude 100%, there's no way he can be that close to him without losing ground. and Wright, as a pastor of all things, should know there's a time and place for erything...

^^^ Message. Better believe if I was really Obama's friend and I really thought that he was on my side you think my black ass would be saying the same ? I used to say in my classes and the things I still say on here?

I'd be on some "We Are the World" ? with the quickness. Cuz at the end of the day white men care not for truth. Did this idiot think he could say those things and whites would say, "hey that black man has a point...lets change our ways for the good of humanity..." SHIIIID.

Minister Farrakhan was smart. He didnt say much of anything the whole election.
  • edeeesq
    edeeesq Members Posts: 511
    edited May 2010
    Options
    And he's talking to the same press that crucified him........they don't like him, they don't like OBama, ? , they don't like ME, and he keeps giving them Fuel for their fire.....

• DarcSkies777
    edited May 2010
    Options
    "I am 'radioactive,' Sir. When Obama threw me under the bus, he threw me under the bus literally!"
    he doesnt know what LITERALLY means does he?
  • No_Hate_No_Fear
    No_Hate_No_Fear Members Posts: 75
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ^^^ Message. Better believe if I was really Obama's friend and I really thought that he was on my side you think my black ass would be saying the same ? I used to say in my classes and the things I still say on here?

I'd be on some "We Are the World" ? with the quickness. Cuz at the end of the day white men care not for truth. Did this idiot think he could say those things and whites would say, "hey that black man has a point...lets change our ways for the good of humanity..." SHIIIID.

Co-sign the bolded.. The Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan knows politics and how he's own words could have been used to negatively affect Obama's campaign. It's quite obvious that Rev. Wright is not very politically inclined, however I do respect the Rev. Wright passion that his has toward the so called "black" empowerment.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    he doesnt know what LITERALLY means does he?

lmfao........
  • garv
    edited May 2010
    Options

Why you calling the man an idiot, i swear you people are really surprising me with what is coming out in this thread.

I would do the same ? that Rev Wright did, he don't need to water down his message cause at the end of the day he is adressing the people in his church who need educating regardless of whether Obama became the president or not.

Everything he said was true so how can you call him an idiot, Obama is no different from any other American president best believe he still stealing his cousins and brothers in Africa resources and better believe he couldn't give a ? about lower class black communities.

Alot of you would buy poison if sold by a black face.
  • playmaker88
    edited May 2010
    Options
    garv wrote: »
    Why you calling the man an idiot, i swear you people are really surprising me with what is coming out in this thread.

I would do the same ? that Rev Wright did, he don't need to water down his message cause at the end of the day he is adressing the people in his church who need educating regardless of whether Obama became the president or not.

Everything he said was true so how can you call him an idiot, Obama is no different from any other American president best believe he still stealing his cousins and brothers in Africa resources and better believe he couldn't give a ? about lower class black communities.

Because obama had to walk through a racial mindfield anyway.. having rev right settin of bombs as he tiptoed through the path.. wouldnt be a good look.. right now we would have mccain.. the ends justified his means.. Wright was more about him.. than anything else... well whenhe got the sniff of the media it became that way.. otherwise..he would have used his head.
  • ThaDocta
    ThaDocta Members Posts: 33
    edited May 2010
    Options
    puleeeze, they hatched this strategy years ago. They are America-hatin' bros fo' life
  • garv
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Because obama had to walk through a racial mindfield anyway.. having rev right settin of bombs as he tiptoed through the path.. wouldnt be a good look.. right now we would have mccain.. the ends justified his means.. Wright was more about him.. than anything else... well whenhe got the sniff of the media it became that way.. otherwise..he would have used his head.

So Rev Wright should water down the truth he was speaking for the sake of Obama, ? that Rev Wright was perfectly right to carry on preaching what he had been preaching for years, or should he suddenly adopt a different approach and change his rhetoric because people were made aware of his links to Obama?
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    edeeesq wrote: »
    And he's talking to the same press that crucified him........they don't like him, they don't like OBama, ? , they don't like ME, and he keeps giving them Fuel for their fire.....

Of course, the Wright controversy was handled by the Race Speech in Philly.......until that dumb ? decided to do a nationally televised press conference at the National Press Club.....defending the "White people made AIDS" ? by saying "I read it in a book somwhere".....rofl

Cuz at the end of the day white men care not for truth. Did this idiot think he could say those things and whites would say, "hey that black man has a point...lets change our ways for the good of humanity..." SHIIIID.

real talk, Farrakhan knew not to fall for the mouse trap....

Farrakhan sent an unsolicited statement Thursday to The Associated Press that he said was meant to respond to "outrage expressed by many" over Obama's comments.

"Those who have been supporting Sen. Barack Obama should not allow what was said during the Feb. 26 presidential debate to lessen their support for his campaign. This is simply mischief making intended to hurt Mr. Obama politically."

Contrast that with Wright's selfish foolishness
  • DarcSkies777
    edited May 2010
    Options
    garv wrote: »

I totally agree. I didnt call him an idiot for what he SAID. I called him an idiot for not being savvy enough to know his words could hurt the person he is supposedly friends with.

Yes, everything Wright said was true (except the part about the AIDS. And even so I wouldnt be surprised) that doesnt excuse the fact that even after Obama refused to disown him he still went on to act a fool at that other press conference.

White people dont give a ? about the truth. And at that time Obama was still being given a chance. I know Obama isnt any different than any politician but I was willing to give dude a chance to be great. Its not like we could foresee the future at the time.

My problem with Rev. Wright is not him speaking the truth. But him not being savvy enough to know that whites could careless about the truth and it was important for him to ? because Obama's presidency would affect the world. It was either him or McCain. So why ? us over like that just to be "right?"
  • garv
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I totally agree. I didnt call him an idiot for what he SAID. I called him an idiot for not being savvy enough to know his words could hurt the person he is supposedly friends with.

Yes, everything Wright said was true (except the part about the AIDS. And even so I wouldnt be surprised) that doesnt excuse the fact that even after Obama refused to disown him he still went on to act a fool at that other press conference.

White people dont give a ? about the truth. And at that time Obama was still being given a chance. I know Obama isnt any different than any politician but I was willing to give dude a chance to be great. Its not like we could foresee the future at the time.

My problem with Rev. Wright is not him speaking the truth. But him not being savvy enough to know that whites could careless about the truth and it was important for him to ? because Obama's presidency would affect the world. It was either him or McCain. So why ? us over like that just to be "right?"

Ite i see where your coming from, i agree.
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ThaDocta wrote: »
    puleeeze, they hatched this strategy years ago. They are America-hatin' bros fo' life

White poster^^^^^^^^^
  • playmaker88
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Funky Dr wrote: »
    White poster^^^^^^^^^

socially conservative.. he should be locked up for inhannity..
  • Swiffness!
    edited May 2010
    Options
    socially conservative.. he should be locked up for inhannity..

actually i assumed it was sarcasm

if not, then I am unfamiliar with this species of ?
  • playmaker88
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »

I never heard a ? say puhleaaaaaase like stephanie from full house......
  • DarcSkies777
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »

You need to study more.
  • Jesus Jackson
    Jesus Jackson Members Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    This dude is starving for attention.
  • Swiffness!
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You need to study more.

*buys 37th edition of Encyclopædia Coonegrica*
  • DarcSkies777
    edited May 2010
    Options
    hahahaha hilarious
  • Swiffness!
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lol @ the radiation from Wright's kryptonite power source stripping Obama of his superpowers

Metallo__scaled_300.jpg
  • bornnraisedoffCMR
    bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I dont like him but Dennis Miller said something so true:
    Dennis Miller
    "Guys like Wright and Bill Ayers have to realize that Obama is the space shuttle and they're fuel pods. He needed them to get him into orbit and they can officially consider themselves jettisoned."
    rofl