For people that think Herman Cain will really win the Nom......

Options
TheIraq
TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in The Social Lounge
Didn't know how to merge it all but can anybody explain what the Republicans are doing and how they feel about the black vote i.e. Alvin Greene and now Herman Cain this ? is obviously a puppet... But two questions I am. What is really so wrong with Mitt Romney and why won't the G.O.P. just back him and let him run against Obama... Educate me on this because Rick Perry just doesn't seem to have what it takes to make it in the general elections and he's fading faster than Fred Thompson, who the G.O.P. hyped up in '08. Why no love for Romney from the right?

These videos just really make me wonder wtf the G.O.P. are really up to, they don't wanna fully back Mitt Romney but they pull ? like this and expect me to vote for their "black candidate"?

skip to 2:10
If the G.O.P. was puttin this ? out there in '08 aint no way in hell im votin for Herman Cain in 2012.. Romney v Obama 2012

Comments

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Why don't they like Romney? Well I can answer that:

There's alot more where that came from.

Keep in mind that in SuperConservativeLand, its a article of faith that the current Republican Party is "too liberal" and "dominated by the liberal wing".

To those conservatives, Romney is Satan.

Any liberal hate/disillusionment towards Obama is DWARFED by the hate the far-right has for Romney, belee dat. I personally think he's gonna have to nominate someone totally ? right wing like Bachmann to prevent a grassroots 3rd party spoiler. Try to be a Romney fan on Free Republic, see what happens LOL...........you would have an easier time being a outspoken homosexual on the IC.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lmao alvin greene. i forgot about that eeyore-looking ?
  • Stack Money
    Stack Money Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It kills me when muhfuckas think Herman Cain gon be the nominee, that ? a ? joke.

@3:40 Dude sound dumb as ?

Its been obvious from jump Romney gon be the Republican nominee he that ? when it come to debates and been the most consistent in the polls this entire time, and since he in good wit independents he gon choose Perry as his runnin mate cause he got mad support from the base.
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Props to threadstarter for making the Alvin Greene connection
    Still can't figure out why the GOP has let Herman Cain hang around this long tho
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    TheIraq wrote: »
    What is really so wrong with Mitt Romney and why won't the G.O.P. just back him and let him run against Obama... Educate me on this because Rick Perry just doesn't seem to have what it takes to make it in the general elections and he's fading faster than Fred Thompson, who the G.O.P. hyped up in '08. Why no love for Romney from the right?
    okay, a brief list:

-many people see him as having flip-flopped on issues, which is worrisome to people who want strict stances on principle/issues that are important to them;
    -he's seen as "not conservative enough" by conservatives by virtue of his time in Massachusetts;
    -bigots who do not like Mormons do not like Romney for obvious reasons
    -there's probably an point where people would generally agree that he's an "acceptable" candidate, but what they want is a candidate that really MOTIVATES people to vote
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I think Cain is a timewaster and a puppet set up to

1. Make black men look bad in a general psychological sense (more reason for people on the fence about voting for Obama not to)
    2. To waste time until a real candidate emerges talking ? that Republicans want to hear. The later the entry the less time there will be to tear them down.

Seriously, all these white blond broads coming out from under rocks talking about ? like Cain grabbed her ass back in 1997...like for real.......gtfoh.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yea them white folks in the bible belt aren't down for voting for a Mormon. that's why i think cain really does have a shot to get teh nomination
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It kills me when muhfuckas think Herman Cain gon be the nominee, that ? a ? joke.

@3:40 Dude sound dumb as ?

Its been obvious from jump Romney gon be the Republican nominee he that ? when it come to debates and been the most consistent in the polls this entire time, and since he in good wit independents he gon choose Perry as his runnin mate cause he got mad support from the base.

the white man face @ 4:43 says it all lol
  • lighthearted25
    lighthearted25 Members Posts: 1,307
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Someone explain the Mormon hate. Is it really that serious, damn.
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

Have you ever looked up what Mormons believe?
  • bignorm73
    edited November 2011
    Options
    smh at the answer of Mitt Romney of 1:40
  • lighthearted25
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Wait while I go to google real quick. I don't wanna say something that isn't true.
  • bignorm73
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Becasue of my job, i have become very familiar with Mormon beliefs,

I'll just say this.........

SMH.
  • lighthearted25
    edited November 2011
    Options
    That south park episode about Mormon beliefs and Joseph smith had me dying btw. As for their beliefs, Its too much info, someone needs to do a summary or was that south park episode factual enough.

And what's your job bigworm?
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Why don't they like Romney? Well I can answer that:

There's alot more where that came from.

Keep in mind that in SuperConservativeLand, its a article of faith that the current Republican Party is "too liberal" and "dominated by the liberal wing".

To those conservatives, Romney is Satan.

Any liberal hate/disillusionment towards Obama is DWARFED by the hate the far-right has for Romney, belee dat. I personally think he's gonna have to nominate someone totally ? right wing like Bachmann to prevent a grassroots 3rd party spoiler. Try to be a Romney fan on Free Republic, see what happens LOL...........you would have an easier time being a outspoken homosexual on the IC.

Couldnt put it any better myself, good post. I've heard conservatives on the radio say they would rather Obama win again than have a "phony" conservative like Romney win the GOP nomination.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    some people have long-standing issues with past Mormon beliefs (a good example of this is the racial stuff). some people have generic "i hate all people who are not Anglo-Saxon Protestants" bigotry that happens to apply to Mormons as well. it varies.
    Couldnt put it any better myself, good post. I've heard conservatives on the radio say they would rather Obama win again than have a "phony" conservative like Romney win the GOP nomination.
    remember too that this is a convenient position for a radio host or cable talking head who likes railing against Obama/Democrats for ratings, but not a great one for actual politicians who care about actual politics
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lets see how this plays out now that his numbers are dropping...
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    if herman cain wins the nod its the republicans saying we got a black man too vote for him, but overall he's a puppet
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Newt Gingrich the goat
  • down2earth
    down2earth Members Posts: 953 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Herman Cain can barely raise any campaign money, he isn't winning ? . He's just there to try to rope some of the black vote.