• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • teamjawz
    teamjawz Members Posts: 56
    edited May 2010
    Options
    heard its boring, sun comes up get 5mins of storyline then its dark again. walk around shining torch, repeat
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Its out????

came out tuesday....I'm on the fourth episode now and storyline is crazy I hate them big ass hunters it's harder to ? them without a flare or flash bangs
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm 3 episodes deep. Good ? .
  • focus
    edited May 2010
    Options
    This game has turned into one big scavenger hunt.

Radios, TV's, Coffee, Cans, Manuscripts, keys, signs...DAMN! Its too ? dark to be looking for ? . And it really takes you out of the game when somebody is screaming for your help but you have to stop and search the room for coffee before you come to their rescue. Or when being chased by a "Taken" or something and you have to stop and see whats on TV.

But, I'm through Episode 5 now, I'm not crazy about the story, but I'm interested enough to see where it all goes I guess. Its fun enough and has its lil scary moments.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Dont' Don't believe the hype... sike nah..

So focus have you got a tre yet.. and how does this compare to Heavy Rain... this ? looks interesting and you seemed to be intrigued about it when they announced it
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    just finished it....I'ma play it again on nightmare....mmmm all I got say is....sequel!
  • teamjawz
    teamjawz Members Posts: 56
    edited May 2010
    Options
    just finished it....I'ma play it again on nightmare....mmmm all I got say is....sequel!

probably be out just in time for the next console if it takes anywhere near as long to make as this one
  • focus
    edited May 2010
    Options

So focus have you got a tre yet.. and how does this compare to Heavy Rain... this ? looks interesting and you seemed to be intrigued about it when they announced it

Nah, don't have a PS3. I was gonna get one for Heavy Rain based on the first trailer they showed years and years ago which was incredible. But, the end result was far from it and a letdown from what I can tellr. It didn't look as good graphically, the voice acting was inconsistent and it was basically a big interactive cutscene with QTE's. Now I'm waiting on Twisted Metal.

Alan Wake is not a bad game, its definitely worth a play through. Just set your expectations lower. Forget about how long it took to develop and the hype around the story and you'll be fine. Its a solid 8 game.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Nah, don't have a PS3. I was gonna get one for Heavy Rain based on the first trailer they showed years and years ago which was incredible. But, the end result was far from it and a letdown from what I can tellr. It didn't look as good graphically, the voice acting was inconsistent and it was basically a big interactive cutscene with QTE's. Now I'm waiting on Twisted Metal.

Alan Wake is not a bad game, its definitely worth a play through. Just set your expectations lower. Forget about how long it took to develop and the hype around the story and you'll be fine. Its a solid 8 game.

ur kidding right?
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ur kidding right?
    Focus is a Wii stan, and loves the graphics. He obviously has a vision deficiency.
  • focus
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ur kidding right?

Nah, I'm not. I'm not saying the graphics weren't good. They were. I mean, their were definitely peaks and valleys in Heavy Rain graphically, but overall they were good. But I don't think they were as good as the original trailer. Or, that the final product really represented the expectations presented here just in general.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You said you didnt play it thought.. you should kinda reserve ya judgement if you have not
  • focus
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You said you didnt play it thought.. you should kinda reserve ya judgement if you have not

Maybe, but...Its 2010. There's youtube and both video and written reviews. I've watched large portions of the game and read many reviews. I do not need to play it to know it boils down to a point and click, interactive cutscene with QTE's. Or that a black "thug" character had a blatantly white voice actor trying to sound "hard". Or that the graphics and overall presentation of the tech demo didn't quite match the final product. I can hear and see these things. Maybe a different game with actual gameplay I would need to play for myself, but not in this particular case.

Thats still not to say its a terrible game. I would've brought it if I had a PS3. I'm just not about to buy a PS3 for it. It did not meet the hype. Thats all. The same goes for Alan Wake. They are both good, not great.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options

Why do people compare the two games? They are nothing alike
  • focus
    edited May 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Why do people compare the two games? They are nothing alike

Because they were both exclusives announced waaaaaaaay too early and were hyped to be something they were not. But yea, other than that...