Modnation Racers Demo in PSN Store now

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in IllGaming
It is gonna be a dope game! The customization is sweet, but you can't use custom cars/characters in the demo, just create them to get an idea of it.

I'm def. copping this game.

Comments

• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    DL'ing as we speak.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    got it. pretty fun so far. debating whether its worth a purchase. i lose interest in racing games quickly.
  • VIBE
    edited May 2010
    Options
    got it. pretty fun so far. debating whether its worth a purchase. i lose interest in racing games quickly.

You get to build your OWN tracks, build your character as you do in LBP, your own go kart. This = worth the money and fun playing over and over. Not to mention they'll have DLC for it probably less than a month when it's out.
  • joshuaboy
    edited May 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    You get to build your OWN tracks, build your character as you do in LBP, your own go kart. This = worth the money and fun playing over and over. Not to mention they'll have DLC for it probably less than a month when it's out.

The designing of my own player and customizing of my cart got me. Plus building my own track and then inviting people to race on it, yea, day 1 buy for me.
  • joshuaboy
    edited May 2010
    Options

Agreed, but this is a fun racing game for me. The traditional racers (Gran Turismo, Forza, Grid, NFS) have gone too serious and taken the fun out of it.
  • VIBE
    edited May 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    The designing of my own player and customizing of my cart got me. Plus building my own track and then inviting people to race on it, yea, day 1 buy for me.

Same here. I think actually it's a very well rounded racer. I like how instead of instantly getting a bubble and using it as a weapon, you can build it up to 3 stages. Also when you hear that sound, you can shield up and protect yourself from an attack.

It's cool how they integrated the boost (which must be built up) and the drift/drafting that other racing games use.
  • joshuaboy
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Been playing the ? out of this demo.....lol.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i will admit, these little cars handle nice as hell though.
  • VIBE
    edited May 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Been playing the ? out of this demo.....lol.

I did too at first, but I DL'd another demo, that Rocket Knight and that's pretty dope as well. $14.99 for it and I'll cop it later later lol I've spent too much money these past weeks on nothing but ? lol
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Whats the verdict? I been blowing alot of money lately lol
  • joshuaboy
    edited May 2010
    Options
    It depends. Were you a Mario Kart fan?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yea I like old school Mario Kart and LBP is one of my favorite games this gen
  • joshuaboy
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Then you will love this game. I think people are going to spend time and customize their rides down to the nitty gritty so there is some sense of pride in defending your name. And the racing is real sweet