Who makes the better horror films?

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Who makes the better horror films Americans Italians or Asians?

Comments

• TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    dont remember ever seein an italian horror film, the creepiest horror film i ever saw was a japanese one it was called woman in the red dress or sumthin dunno why it was so creepy tome maybe it was jus my condition that day.. japanes have crazy stuff but theyall very similar with those female ghosts or demons...
    americans pump the mostmoney and cgi in those films.. f example the japanes ring movie is creepyer but i prefer the american version bcuz of the cgi etc..i also like 13ghost type movies with some action in it...
    france has some ? horrormovies 2 dont sleep on them
  • sickbizzle
    sickbizzle Members Posts: 1,184 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    USA got this no question, nobody is ? with Rob Zombie in the horror game right now.

if you french though shout out to Alexandre Aja, Haute Tension and The Hills Have Eyes are two of the best in the modern era.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    For me Asian and European horror films for the past 10 or so years have injected some long overdue new ideas into the genre and have produced some genuinely scary films as a result. Hollywood just seems to pump out nothing but over-polished remakes or reusing the same old and tired formulas, I can't remember the last American 'horror' film that I thought was genuinely scary or even that good
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Americans have this on lock, but I'm speaking mostly historically, as opposed to currently. Right now, I don't think Hollywood has any idea how to make a horror film. John Landis needs to get back in the game.

Italian horror films never really impressed me all that much. They're fine if you like your horror films really gory, but it never really did it for me. Dario Argento has done some good work, though. Asian horror films are what are really moving the genre foward, IMO.
  • Da Baw$e
    Da Baw$e Members Posts: 12
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Americans.....
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Asians they make some bad azz martial arts films.

italian idk