...back in the barbershop (proselytizing 101)

Options
elliott_argon
elliott_argon Members Posts: 286 ✭✭
edited May 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
the saga continues...apparently that young christian brotha who was getting picked on by the noi barbers decided to convert to the nation...lololololololololololololllllol

anyway

i told them when i walked in for a fresh one, please, stay out of my ear today. i guess i provoked them, as we spent the next hour arguing and (biased as it sounds) i punished their unoriginal, regurgitated perspectives...(if it wasn't for my barber being so nice, i wouldn't be there to entertain their noise)...but, as i was saying...here is an excerpt from the transcript:

me: you brothas really hate white people, huh?
them: i never said i hate white people.
them: yeah, who said that?
me: i read your newspaper last week, it said white people are devils.
them: let me show you something brotha
[grabs a kjv bible, opens to a verse]
them: you see those words in red, those are jesus' words. you see what jesus said, "you are of your father the devil"
me: who is he speaking to?
them: the white man
me: lemme see that?
[i browse the chapter]
me: oh yeah, isn't jesus speaking to the sadducees or pharisees or whatever?
them: you tell me
me: yeah, thats what it looks like. aren't they hebrews?
them: they're europeans. what are hebrews? who are hebrews?
me: wasn't jesus a hebrew?
them: jesus was a righteous muslim prophet
me: ok, but he was a hebrew, right?
them: who says he was a hebrew? brotha, you're speaking from a european perspective
me: so, the pharisees and/or the sadducees weren't hebrew...they were white people?
them: that's right brotha, it says it right here, "you are of your father the devil"
me: i think they were hebrews, who, as you are well aware, were not white. if you want me to take you serious, the burden of proof rests with the prosecutor. until then...

of course, that wasn't the end of it. but i wonder how anyone can simply accept someone reading one line from a book without painting the background of context. perhaps the dudes at the shop need to get their 360 up, i dunno, but, i'm curious, is that weak, out of context one-liner the basis for the whole "white people are devils" philosophy? surely there has has to be more behind such a scathing indictment?

it's funny, at one point, one of the brotha's went in the back of the shop and grabbed a poster which had all forms of atrocities committed against blacks by whites. (i.e. lynchings, slave ship diagrams, scarred backs from the whip)

them: why do you love the white man?
me: i love all human beings because i'm human
[one of them points to the picture]
them: how can you love the man who's done this to you?
me: as much as it pains me to say this, i could go on worldstar right now and show you the picture of two black dudes who kidnapped a little girl and ? her for two weeks. according to your logic, how can you love the man did this?
them: those brothas did that because they've been brainwashed by europeans. ? and murder did not exist before the white man.
me: werd?

is there a logical defense of such a heinous supposition? maybe they haven't completed their proselytizing 101 courses. but, i can't understand how anyone with a moderate level of intelligence can subscribe to such nonsense.

Comments

• Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    thwhatwhat-1.gif

Options
    You Lost they Won!!

1 convert for the NOI & 0 converts for you.

Go peruse WorldStar for ? -exploits, and try to get it through your head that you can bang your tamborine all you want but maybe some people are more concerned with loving themselves instead of going out of their way to prove they "love" somebody else.

Deactivate your willie-lynch chip and quit worrying about love for whites and focus on loving and reforming those "black dudes" on WorldStar..

These ? 's spend 90% of their lives trying to please or appease Massah...why not be happy that brothers have a Black business instead of worrying about wether or not they are in love with whites.
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    thwhatwhat-1.gif

Instead of praising Black business this ? is complaining about brothers who dont love white-folk.....see how sick these ? 's have become...disgusting.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    Instead of praising Black business this ? is complaining about brothers who dont love white-folk.....see how sick these ? 's have become...disgusting.

haha yea I actually did read that nonsense, but I felt that pic was needed for this pathetic thread. It's a good thing this ? was in the barber shop to stick up for those poor oppressed whites. They really need help like this...
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    What's more productive, sitting hating on white folk, or befriending them and using them to further your own cause?
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    "I'm for truth no matter who tells it.
    I'm for justice, no matter who it is for or against.
    I'm a human being first and foremost,
    and as such i'm for whoever and whatever benefits humanity as a whole." -Malcolm X

With that being said, the NOI is full of ? .
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Chike wrote: »
    thwhatwhat-1.gif

lmao....jacks gif.

yeah t/s you lost, instead of trying to understand their point, you were to busy trying to prove your own.
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    lol that is so true. And probably visa versa.
    Smh @ people only interested in their point and not the point of the other person that trying to make a point too. Pointless.

im sure you're probably being sarcastic, but for once i agree with you.
  • Rock_Well
    edited May 2010
    Options

lol and i aint knocking you, but i can def understand the motivation behind this statement when it come from a person that reveals they don't believe in the Word in the first place.
  • Rock_Well
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Business first. ? , and what the Bible teach, second.

And a person supposed to understand this as being what it's all about.

See, we can't rock like that over here.
  • hrap-120
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lol and i aint knocking you, but i can def understand the motivation behind this statement when it come from a person that reveals they don't believe in the Word in the first place.
    I didnt understand that.

Isnt it interesting that black men who are self-employed and don't have white bosses and white co-workers don't suffer from misplaced adoration for other people?
  • theillestrator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I also don't understand how praising black businesses and disagreeing with the NOI are the only two options of conversation.
  • hrap-120
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I didnt understand that.

Isnt it interesting that black men who are self-employed and don't have white bosses and white co-workers don't suffer from misplaced adoration for other people?
    I also don't understand how praising black businesses and disagreeing with the NOI are the only two options of conversation.

People focus on different things....some people focus on weather or not the Black NOI barbers in a Black owned business love/hate the white-boy.
    Id rather focus on how we can get more Black men to be self-employed and owning their own businesses like so many of Black men in the NOI.

I disagree with pork-chop Cristian preacher's who espous passivity and pie-in-the-sky but I dont go in their Bingo Parlor expecting to hear a do-for-self speech...
  • theillestrator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    It looks like the conversation going on was geared away from that. I have no problem with the NOI wanting to get more black men in better positions in their lives, but that doesn't mean that people have to agree with everything else that they say. I disagree with christians, muslims, and almost every other group who claim to know the truth. And the NOI has some pretty warped views. But whatever, in a world with billions of people, there will be people with different views.
  • hrap-120
    edited May 2010
    Options
    It looks like the conversation going on was geared away from that. I have no problem with the NOI wanting to get more black men in better positions in their lives, but that doesn't mean that people have to agree with everything else that they say. I disagree with christians, muslims, and almost every other group who claim to know the truth. And the NOI has some pretty warped views. But whatever, in a world with billions of people, there will be people with different views.

The "warped" views of the N.O.I. have created great men like Elijah Muhammad, Clarence 13X, Muhammad Ali, Malcolm X, and Min Farrakhan.
    The "warped"
    views of the N.O.I are responsible for the reformation and rehabilitation of hundreds of thousand of Black men and women.

No other group in America is more dedicated to teaching knowledge-of-self and do-for-self ....The power to bring 1 million men to Washington

I would rather eat bean-pie and wear a bow-tie owning my own business in my own community than belong to a church or mosque rooted in ? and racism...while working for others.

You claimed the N.O.I was "? " but it looks like a ? that works better than other "? "...and according to Betty Shabazz and friends and family of Malcolm a "? " that Malcolm wanted to rejoin.....
  • theillestrator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The "warped" views of the N.O.I. have created great men like Elijah Muhammad, Clarence 13X, Muhammad Ali, Malcolm X, and Min Farrakhan.
    The "warped"
    views of the N.O.I are responsible for the reformation and rehabilitation of hundreds of thousand of Black men and women.No other group in America is more dedicated to teaching knowledge-of-self and do-for-selfThe power to bring 1 million men to WashingtonI would rather eat bean-pie and wear a bow-tie owning my own business in my own community than belong to a church or mosque rooted in ? and racism.

You claimed the N.O.I was "? "
    but it looks like a ? that works better than other "? "...and according to Betty Shabazz and friends and family of Malcolm a "? " that Malcolm wanted to rejoin.....

So what? I don't care about who joined, that doesn't change the fact that their views are warped. That's sheep thinking bruh. "Person A" joined so they must be right. There are plenty of people who have found peace/happiness through a religion, that doesn't make that religion bona fide. And how is the only alternative to being a NOI member who owns your own business belonging to a church or mosque? I told you i'm not knocking them for helping out people, but they have warped views. And I still claim that the NOI is ? . You seem to be too black and white (no pun intended)...if Option A is worse than Option B, don't even consider an Option C?

There's nothing wrong with uplifting people, but that's not all that the NOI does.
  • elliott_argon
    elliott_argon Members Posts: 286 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lolololol @ the hate squad coming out like birds for seed...

nah bro, i do praise black business. aside from words, ? my barber is nice, i praise black business with my green dollars.
    Hyde Parke wrote: »

yeah t/s you lost, instead of trying to understand their point, you were to busy trying to prove your own.

wrong sir! wrong! as i said, the post contains excerpts from the conversation i was having with a couple of the fellas in the shop. we actually agreed on certain points and disagreed on others. this would indicate an effort on both of our parts to think about what the other was saying.

what i find interesting is that the brothas on this site who actually follow those teachings made no effort to enlighten me on the points about the scripture i was read or whether ? and murder existed before white people as i wrote in the post. instead, they preferred to make attempts to belittle me. this is no indication of a love for black people or yearn to educate your brothers and sisters. i often wonder, are these types of brothas united in a love for their people or united in hatred towards others who are unlike them.
  • hrap-120
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So what? I don't care about who joined, that doesn't change the fact that their views are warped. That's sheep thinking bruh. "Person A" joined so they must be right. There are plenty of people who have found peace/happiness through a religion, that doesn't make that religion bona fide. And how is the only alternative to being a NOI member who owns your own business belonging to a church or mosque? I told you i'm not knocking them for helping out people, but they have warped views. And I still claim that the NOI is ? . You seem to be too black and white (no pun intended)...if Option A is worse than Option B, don't even consider an Option C?

There's nothing wrong with uplifting people, but that's not all that the NOI does.
    Naw "bruh"..I dont care what you think is "? "...the pig in your avatar says enough. You didnt even read what i typed

Do you...but I think your views are warped and ? .
    what i find interesting is that the brothas on this site who actually follow those teachings made no effort to enlighten me on the points about the scripture i was read or whether ? and murder existed before white people as i wrote in the post. instead, they preferred to make attempts to belittle me. this is no indication of a love for black people or yearn to educate your brothers and sisters. i often wonder, are these types of brothas united in a love for their people or united in hatred towards others who are unlike them

Damn homie....
  • Rock_Well
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I didnt understand that.

I mean, if we all agree it's all about business, (particularly black business) then yea...push whatever moves. Mainly the black agenda, cuz we got a lot of catching up to do.

But if it's not always about business (which it's not, esp when having a Biblical discussion), and we talking about what the Bible teaches, then no...don't push whatever moves. Push what the Bible teaches.

That's all i'm sayin.
  • hrap-120
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I mean, if we all agree it's all about business, (particularly black business) then yea...push whatever moves. Mainly the black agenda, cuz we got a lot of catching up to do.

But if it's not always about business (which it's not, esp when having a Biblical discussion), and we talking about what the Bible teaches, then no...don't push whatever moves. Push what the Bible teaches.

That's all i'm sayin.
    I have Black bible.
  • theillestrator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Naw "bruh"..I dont care what you think is "? "...the pig in your avatar says enough. You didnt even read what i typed

Do you...but I think your views are warped and ? .

Damn homie....

Talking about my avatar doesn't have anything to do with what i'm talking about. Most would call that ad hominem. You don't have to care about what I think, but let's be honest, the NOI is just wrong about a lot of things.
  • Rock_Well
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I have Black bible.

ah, i see, i see
  • SL8Rok
    SL8Rok Members Posts: 154
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You were giving a pretty solid logical argument from what I read. The best way to counteract misuse of the scripture is with proper use of the scripture, like when Jesus was in the wilderness with Satan.