Freemason????'s

Options
alvarez_313
alvarez_313 Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2010 in The Social Lounge
Since I see so much being said etc about the Craft, I'd like to start a thread where serious questions can be asked and I'll answer if possible. Too many ignorant statements and theories floating around. So shoot..

Comments

• SoulRattler of Venom
    SoulRattler of Venom Members Posts: 458
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This is a waste of time. People are going to believe what they want to believe. No matter how many times you explain that Freemasonry, Lucifarianism, Satanism, and the Illuminati are all different things, people will still flock to fear mongering propaganda.
  • bishop2prophet
    bishop2prophet Banned Users Posts: 25
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Jay Z, Rihanna & whoever the ? are not members of a secret cult!!! ? !!
  • makaveli4ever
    makaveli4ever Members Posts: 826
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This ? gets a bit redundant. But people will believe what they want as people say.
  • gak7
    gak7 Members Posts: 406
    edited January 2010
    Options
    only problem is most people here are ignorant.. being a mason has to do with joining a group of people that try to better themselves or eachother..for differnt things..
    it has nothing to do with the devil or evil stuff..you can go to a lodge to ask questions about this..

so stop with the secret ? ..or devil ? .. and stop being ignorant. you have the internet dont you if you reading this ? so why be so ignorant ?.

Google is your friend.
  • makaveli4ever
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The illuminati and Masons are not the same. That is where people get confused.
  • gak7
    gak7 Members Posts: 406
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The illuminati and Masons are not the same. That is where people get confused.

exactly, they are all differnt, but ignorant people see these names and group them all together and say things about the devil that dont make sense.
    even if you know they are differnt though, people here are still wrong about each one..

thats why i hate the jay z threads..its like, so what if hes a mason ? how is this bad in any way ?
  • makaveli4ever
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The conspiracy theorists will always be out there. I'm not saying I disagree with all of them, but sometimes people need better ? to focus on. Can't let these things consume you.
  • Carlos Bruise-Her
    Carlos Bruise-Her Banned Users Posts: 925
    edited January 2010
    Options
  • geechee slim
    geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I think about 50% of rappers out there are a part of secret societies.

Underground artists aren't a part of this scheme, and so, they remain underground.

But to deny Jay-Z, or any other artist not being a part of this is denial. Ignorance. It's right in front of your ignorannt ? face.
  • j dot keyz
    j dot keyz Members Posts: 127
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Internet Hip Hop elitists have basically found a new way to justify why their favorite artists or artists they think are talented havent blown up. LOL at ? believing that the only way you can blow up in hip hop is buy joining a secret society as if that somehow contributes to their ability to make a hit. ? reachin more than Dhalsim...
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    One of you on this site are really ready to see the light... 99.9% of what is said on this site is all fabracation.
  • its freddy p
    its freddy p Members Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    j dot keyz wrote: »
    Internet Hip Hop elitists have basically found a new way to justify why their favorite artists or artists they think are talented havent blown up. LOL at ? believing that the only way you can blow up in hip hop is buy joining a secret society as if that somehow contributes to their ability to make a hit. ? reachin more than Dhalsim...

Statement of the day!
  • a.tone
    a.tone Members Posts: 53 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Well regardless of whether or not Jay Z is all that some think he is, its obvious that he wants people to believe it... It almost ? me off how innocent he acts when faced with these accusations, this ? put it all upon himself

He know what he doing, its all power & mind games, secret society or not... this ? really got half his fans thinking he ? and the other thinkin hes the devil lol that the power of manipulation for ya
  • rapluva
    rapluva Members Posts: 232
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Since I see so much being said etc about the Craft, I'd like to start a thread where serious questions can be asked and I'll answer if possible. Too many ignorant statements and theories floating around. So shoot..

What Degree R U?
    What iz the "history" of the word "Apprentice"?
  • rapluva
    edited January 2010
    Options
    gak7 wrote: »
    only problem is most people here are ignorant.. being a mason has to do with joining a group of people that try to better themselves or eachother..for differnt things..
    it has nothing to do with the devil or evil stuff..you can go to a lodge to ask questions about this..

so stop with the secret ? ..or devil ? .. and stop being ignorant. you have the internet dont you if you reading this ? so why be so ignorant ?.

Google is your friend.
    Thats the same ? the MOB/GANGZ have alwayz said also, but we know they ain't no "good orgainnazation"
    U LOST the argument on that 1 ? HAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • rapluva
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I think about 50% of rappers out there are a part of secret societies.

Underground artists aren't a part of this scheme, and so, they remain underground.

But to deny Jay-Z, or any other artist not being a part of this is denial. Ignorance. It's right in front of your ignorannt ? face.

There r video'z showin "Immortal Tech" "DeaD Prez" "MosDef" doin that Satanic signz also, so I don't think Unda-ground M.C.'z r immune.

even Cannabus called himself "Satan" in a rap.
  • rapluva
    edited January 2010
    Options
    j dot keyz wrote: »

Y did "Tiffany Evens" also say that U have 2 sell u'r soul, she'z inside the industry, let me take a guess on u'r answer, "she doezn't know what she'z talkin bout?"
  • alvarez_313
    edited January 2010
    Options
    this thread was made to ask questions that will be answered by a mason, i presume, so let's focus on that...

t/s.... what are the requirements to join a masonic lodge? and what degree mason are u?

Thanks for the question. The requirements are not really that encompassing. The main one is that you believe in a higher power, no atheist can join a LEGITIMATE Lodge, unless he hides that fact. That's the beauty of Masonry, it brings together men of all walks of life without religious or financial prejudice. You must also be found to be in good character, this is especially important when your petition is presented and voted on. There are also age requirements but they vary from state to state. There are a few other requirements but they aren't as stringently enforced, one that comes to mind is living in the district of which the Lodge you petitioned is located. I'm a 3rd degree Mason which is the highest actual degree. This month I'm actually going to begin the path that will eventually take me to my 32nd.
  • alvarez_313
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Rapluva seeing that you are more Masonically educated than even Hiram Abiff himself, I don't think you belong in this thread..
  • rapluva
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Rapluva seeing that you are more Masonically educated than even Hiram Abiff himself, I don't think you belong in this thread..

HAHAHAHA!!! I "FORCED U" 2 shut down, cuz I'M ASKIN THE "REAL" ?'z and NOT theze "WEAK" ?'z like the othaz, haha-haha!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SCRATCHOFF
    SCRATCHOFF Members Posts: 688
    edited January 2010
    Options
    We still fall for conspiracy theories in 2010... wow...
  • rapluva
    edited January 2010
    Options
    SCRATCHOFF wrote: »
    We still fall for conspiracy theories in 2010... wow...

"You" still fall for conspiracies r not true! in 2010... wow
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the question. The requirements are not really that encompassing. The main one is that you believe in a higher power, no atheist can join a LEGITIMATE Lodge, unless he hides that fact. That's the beauty of Masonry, it brings together men of all walks of life without religious or financial prejudice. You must also be found to be in good character, this is especially important when your petition is presented and voted on. There are also age requirements but they vary from state to state. There are a few other requirements but they aren't as stringently enforced, one that comes to mind is living in the district of which the Lodge you petitioned is located. I'm a 3rd degree Mason which is the highest actual degree. This month I'm actually going to begin the path that will eventually take me to my 32nd.

Congratulations on joining the Scottish Rite, it is sometimes the College of Masonry and you may see the parallels soon enough. It is an experience to remember. I always refrain from answering the "how many degrees" question because it is truly irrelevant to someone that is not even on their 1st degree and I do not mean that to disrespect anyone. People like rapluva seem to think they already know the answers and jump to conclusions. I.E. if you arent a 69th degree you dont know anything which is completely untrue. To the non-brothers specifically, I do think it is a good idea to do research on organizations you may aspire to join, I also know that it can lead to some dangerous misconceptions. To anyone that questions the "true" nature of masonry or the "true" beliefs, I would ask that you ponder on these points. If this organization were as evil as some (rapluva) make it, how would it have survived to be the longest standing fraternal organization in the world? We are talking hundreds of years and that is just the recorded history, but evidence shows it has been around much longer. How could we have kept that secret, secret for so long? Be honest with your search for knowledge and question the sources you find. THAT is the path to REAL knowledge.
  • SCRATCHOFF
    SCRATCHOFF Members Posts: 688
    edited January 2010
    Options
    rapluva wrote: »
    "You" still fall for conspiracy r not true! in 2010... wow

Nope I actually know what I'm talking about... the jury is out on you...
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    preciate the response... so ur a 3rd degree and will jump to the 32nd degree next month??? or was that a typo??? i've done some research on freemasonry and it says that 33rd degree is the highest... also, what are you and your brothers views on Albert Pike?

If I may answer, the degrees are not structured to where a numerical value equates to "higher" rank except 1-3. Once you have the 3rd degree you are entitiled to receive any other degree of masonry as long as those rites accept you. You obtain more knowledge but it does not supersede or redirect the original 3 degrees IN ANY WAY.

Pike is an interesting subject for masons, especially of the Scottish Rite. Most people have seen or heard of quotes from his book (Morals and Dogma) take his position (once the national head of Scottish Rite masonry, notice I said Scottish Rite not ALL of masonry) and formulate that he is the end all be all of what is masonic and what is not. Nothing could be further from the truth. While he was (at one point) considered a racist, he did change his views towards the end of his life. He also >>helped<< to rewrite the Scottish Rite rituals to what they are today.