Luxuries we love

Options
akforty7
akforty7 Members Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in The Powder Room
Ladies what are some treats you give yourself as far as services and pampering go?

Example
I get my nails & toes done every two weeks, wax every 3 weeks, ? every month religiously
Massages are nice but I rarely treat myself to that, I should more often tho!

Some chicks get their hair done, lashes done, brows threaded, hair lazered, tan, body wraps, other spa treatments, etc.... What are your luxuries of choice?

Comments

• junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    well, i get my hair done every other week...and i get my eyebrows wax whenever i go home cuz these womens up here dont know what they doing

i wouldn't consider any of that luxuries though...i guess i treat myself to a new game or some shoes every so often
  • akforty7
    edited May 2010
    Options
    junegemini wrote: »
    well, i get my hair done every other week...and i get my eyebrows wax whenever i go home cuz these womens up here dont know what they doing

i wouldn't consider any of that luxuries though...i guess i treat myself to a new game or some shoes every so often

Well I mean its a luxury in the sense that we could live without these things.... we just treat ourselves to them and enjoy them.
    Shopping is a whole different story tho. I am a certified shopaholic :'(
  • junegemini
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lol i say its not a luxury to me because i do all that because i need to, not because i want to

i hate getting my hair done because of the process, ? takes way too long, especially sitting under the dryer, then the girl that does my hair up here is always fighting with me when i tell her i want a relaxer/touch up...its too much of a hassle for me

i like facials though, haven't done it in a while, so maybe i'll do that for my bday :tu
  • betterthenu84
    betterthenu84 Members Posts: 861
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I get my hair done every month, eyebrows threaded every couple of months (I have thin brows) and I get a full body massage once a month. I do my own toes and eyelashes and stuff so no need on wasting money on getting someone else to do it. One treat I definitely give myself is a new bag or shoes every pay. And I treat myself to a good book or a nice restaurant every once in a while.
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    good times or bad the things i absolutely have done regularly are my mani/pedi's and eyebrow waxing, both every 2 weeks. we rock sandals pretty much year round give or take a month or 2 so the foot game must stay on point. I'm terrible at painting so i would never be able to do my own mani/pedi. Hair? it depends on how i'm wearing it at the time.
  • akforty7
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lol i say its not a luxury to me because i do all that because i need to, not because i want to

i hate getting my hair done because of the process, ? takes way too long, especially sitting under the dryer, then the girl that does my hair up here is always fighting with me when i tell her i want a relaxer/touch up...its too much of a hassle for me

i like facials though, haven't done it in a while, so maybe i'll do that for my bday :tu

facials are great.. it's so relaxing and afterwards your face is GLOWING and feels so soft and clean. i have oily skin so it helps me a lot.
    I'm lucky I don't need to get my hair done... sometimes I don't even blowdry it when I get out the shower. I used to dye it but now I just leave it the natural color. Every 6 months I get a trim. Sometimes I style it myself with curls or waves but thats about it.
    I get my hair done every month, eyebrows threaded every couple of months (I have thin brows) and I get a full body massage once a month. I do my own toes and eyelashes and stuff so no need on wasting money on getting someone else to do it. One treat I definitely give myself is a new bag or shoes every pay. And I treat myself to a good book or a nice restaurant every once in a while.
    A massage once a month sounds heavenly! Yeah I have to treat myself to a few things like shoes or clothes too.... it's like I be working so hard so I need some kind of reward and lil treat like that once in a while... :tu
    good times or bad the things i absolutely have done regularly are my mani/pedi's and eyebrow waxing, both every 2 weeks. we rock sandals pretty much year round give or take a month or 2 so the foot game must stay on point. I'm terrible at painting so i would never be able to do my own mani/pedi. Hair? it depends on how i'm wearing it at the time.

Yeah I get my toes done even in the winter because I feel like even if people won't see my feet they need to stay nice... plus I love the pampering you get with soaking your feet, getting a massage, etc. I could paint my own nails but I suck at it too lol. So thats a must for me.

Waxing has become a must too. I used to shave but the difference is amazing. I wax my bikini area and eyebrows every 3 weeks. It feels & looks so much better, grows back slower & less coarse... I still shave my legs & underarms tho b/c thats not a big deal.
  • TheGambinoLegacy
    TheGambinoLegacy Members Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    akforty7 wrote: »
    Yeah I get my toes done even in the winter because I feel like even if people won't see my feet they need to stay nice... plus I love the pampering you get with soaking your feet, getting a massage, etc. I could paint my own nails but I suck at it too lol. So thats a must for me.

Waxing has become a must too. I used to shave but the difference is amazing. I wax my bikini area and eyebrows every 3 weeks. It feels & looks so much better, grows back slower & less coarse... I still shave my legs & underarms tho b/c thats not a big deal.

yea girl... u keep that bikini area all clean for daddy ;)
  • akforty7
    edited May 2010
    Options
    yea girl... u keep that bikini area all clean for daddy ;)

LMAO! of course :D

i am addicted to the brazilian wax.... i'm dead serious.. i think its the best thing on earth.... i absolutely love it.
  • marie addams
    edited May 2010
    Options

i think i'm gonna stop running and give bikini waxing a try this summer. I just need to figure out where to go. that isn't something i trust a generic nail shop to do (a lot of the women i know just go to like the corner nail shops) idk. I dont trust them so much with my nether region. or maybe im just making up excuses lol

can you ladies fill me in on hygenic practices i should look for in an esthetician? How do I know whats clean and whats what?
  • TheGambinoLegacy
    TheGambinoLegacy Members Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options

i am addicted to the brazilian wax.... i'm dead serious.. i think its the best thing on earth.... i absolutely love it.

o-m-gizzzle
  • akforty7
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i think i'm gonna stop running and give bikini waxing a try this summer. I just need to figure out where to go. that isn't something i trust a generic nail shop to do (a lot of the women i know just go to like the corner nail shops) idk. I dont trust them so much with my nether region. or maybe im just making up excuses lol

can you ladies fill me in on hygenic practices i should look for in an esthetician? How do I know whats clean and whats what?

just go to a reputable or high end spa if you can. the good thing is nowadays you can usually read reviews online. the prices are higher but you get what you pay for. they are professional, clean and you will be satisfied.

NEVER get a wax from the nail salons or little hole in the wall joints. they'll even leave your eye brows lookin jacked so DO NOT let them get all up in your no-no... no way jose! i had a HORRIBLE experience one time at this Indian eyebrow threading place. I was bruised down there for weeks because the lady had no idea what she was doing! TRUST ME DO NOT GO JUST ANYWHERE!!

But honestly if you go somewhere good, its not too bad. Bikini waxes hurt, i aint gonna lie to you, but the result is so worth the pain. You will LOVE it. It feels so clean and smooth down there, it looks gorgeous and actually I think sex feels better. Plus each time you do it it hurts less because you're used to it. The spa i go to is great, if i get there early i will have a glass of wine before my wax so it don't hurt as bad lol. the lady is QUICK and she's good at what she does so it hurts minimally. she puts this cooling cream on after so it will tingle instead of hurting.
  • marie addams
    edited May 2010
    Options
    just go to a reputable or high end spa if you can. the good thing is nowadays you can usually read reviews online. the prices are higher but you get what you pay for. they are professional, clean and you will be satisfied.

NEVER get a wax from the nail salons or little hole in the wall joints. they'll even leave your eye brows lookin jacked so DO NOT let them get all up in your no-no... no way jose! i had a HORRIBLE experience one time at this Indian eyebrow threading place. I was bruised down there for weeks because the lady had no idea what she was doing! TRUST ME DO NOT GO JUST ANYWHERE!!

But honestly if you go somewhere good, its not too bad. Bikini waxes hurt, i aint gonna lie to you, but the result is so worth the pain. You will LOVE it. It feels so clean and smooth down there, it looks gorgeous and actually I think sex feels better. Plus each time you do it it hurts less because you're used to it. The spa i go to is great, if i get there early i will have a glass of wine before my wax so it don't hurt as bad lol. the lady is QUICK and she's good at what she does so it hurts minimally. she puts this cooling cream on after so it will tingle instead of hurting.

thanks! :tu
  • betterthenu84
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yea AK basically said what I was gonna say go to high end spas I got to red door and they are pricey but VERY VERY clean which I love. Never go to any whole in the walls I rarely go to random nail salons for anything...I went to a nail salon in Bmore and they jacked my cuticles up doing my nails NEVER again. And they will definitely f8ck up your brows...so I go to red door for waxing (on occasion cuz that ? is like death) and massages and then this nice spa over by my job for threading hurts like a b8tch but that wax breaks my face out.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I get mani/pedi every other week

only do my brows once a month... I'm pretty good at maintaining them myself

I also do yoga and pilates weekly... It's mos def not the same as a massage but it is relaxing

I still haven't waxed my kitty yet.. I keep her neat with ? cream. But the way AK talks about the brazilian ..... I just might do it soon. :)
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options

WORD! I usually go to Damone Roberts in beverly hills the BEST 50.00 I spend every month for my brows. For the eastcoast chics they have a salon in NY too the prices are about 10 dollars more but its worth it :)

mmm, theres this nail shop I go too that I japanese owned and they do calgi nails which is super cute and it last for about a month ( i usually get glitter cause I cant decide on a color!)

Walk to the beach by my house at least every sat and just relax. The beach just inspires me to write and just reflect on the week.
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Wow...I just realized I don't get any of this stuff done =( I'm a DIY-er.....i'm pitiful lol.
  • junegemini
    edited May 2010
    Options
    got damn...$50 to wax some eyebrows?

the chinks do a pretty good job for $8
  • akforty7
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yea AK basically said what I was gonna say go to high end spas I got to red door and they are pricey but VERY VERY clean which I love. Never go to any whole in the walls I rarely go to random nail salons for anything...I went to a nail salon in Bmore and they jacked my cuticles up doing my nails NEVER again. And they will definitely f8ck up your brows...so I go to red door for waxing (on occasion cuz that ? is like death) and massages and then this nice spa over by my job for threading hurts like a b8tch but that wax breaks my face out.
    Red door is nice! I have been there quite a few times but since I live in Bmore I go to the About Faces spa in Canton. Love it!
    I get mani/pedi every other week
    I still haven't waxed my kitty yet.. I keep her neat with ? cream. But the way AK talks about the brazilian ..... I just might do it soon. :)
    Honey I guarentee you will love it. It hurts for a moment while it's being done, but if I continue to go back every 3 weeks believe me its worth it lol. I'm goin back next Friday before my Vegas trip... and I'm actually all excited cuz I know how good it's gonna look/feel!

One thing about waxing tho is NEVER shave between waxes, it messes up the growth and makes it hurt more IMO.

WORD! I usually go to Damone Roberts in beverly hills the BEST 50.00 I spend every month for my brows. For the eastcoast chics they have a salon in NY too the prices are about 10 dollars more but its worth it :)

mmm, theres this nail shop I go too that I japanese owned and they do calgi nails which is super cute and it last for about a month ( i usually get glitter cause I cant decide on a color!)

Walk to the beach by my house at least every sat and just relax. The beach just inspires me to write and just reflect on the week.
    ? ! I am so jealous! I wish I had that option to just go sit on the beach and relax. I AM SUCH A BEACH ? . That's why I travel so much lol. You're so lucky... that sounds heavenly!
    Wow...I just realized I don't get any of this stuff done =( I'm a DIY-er.....i'm pitiful lol.
    Cali you need to treat yourself every once in a while! Every woman deserves a lil pampering :)

I have been going to the same nail salon for 7 years now and it's a family owned business that I trust because I know them so well... and the Vietnamese chick does a good job w/ my brows so I just go there for $8. I'm lucky though because most of the time you can't trust the chinks. I went to this one place one time, and she took off basically ALL of my eyebrows! I had told her not to make it too thin either b/c I like them thicker. I looked like a damn fool with two thin ass lines on my face! Then I almost fought the ? cuz she got smart about it! Ugh. USUALLY you get what you pay for, but yeah $50 is a lot for just brows. ? the Brazilian costs me $75 plus tip tho. But thats cuz they get ALL up in there lol.
  • Purr
    edited May 2010
    Options

I swear to GAWD i thought it was an issue but it's really worth it.

at least once a year to get a great shape; then have it remodeled by the threading salon.
  • marie addams
    edited May 2010
    Options

at least once a year to get a great shape; then have it remodeled by the threading salon.

actually that's not a bad idea! he's the same dude that does b scott's eyebrows and his stay on point.
    I've found my eyebrow soul mate so i stick with her for 8 bucks. then i get to feel like im tipping big lol
    i'm gonna look into some local salons for the bikini wax. I wish i could be more DIY when it comes to cosmetic ?
  • junegemini
    edited May 2010
    Options

your previous post said you spending that every month...

either way, that's a lot more than im willing to spend...and to think i was tripping when i was in the mall and the nail salon was charging $16 for waxing, and here you are paying $50

balllllllllllllin
  • Purr
    edited May 2010
    Options
    your previous post said you spending that every month...

either way, that's a lot more than im willing to spend...and to think i was tripping when i was in the mall and the nail salon was charging $16 for waxing, and here you are paying $50

balllllllllllllin

lol I do every month spend 50 for my brows.

I was just giving an alternative for ya.

im not ballin... but I love the way they do my brows there :( it's like you do it once and you just cant go back to something that not dope.
  • betterthenu84
    edited May 2010
    Options
    @AK I heard of about faces, one of my home girls go there she was like I should go there to get my hair done...but I'm all loc'd now. Maybe when I move back to the city and I take these locs out.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I don't get any of that done. I just have a "spa day" at the house and do it my own feet, eyebrows & waxing.