Movies That Had Potential But Didn't Deliver

Options
atribecalledgabi
atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
edited November 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
just got through watchin this...
3775935353_987ea07317.jpg

had a good concept but it was like 3 different movies in one & didn't really flow.

other movies that looked great on paper but didn't fully come together?

Comments

• Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lol, when does a Spike Lee movie just flows? especially one of this nature...

Avatar was one. Good story but man, M.Night directed horribly. And the script felt so cookie cutter...Hopefully that's redone

The american remake of Let The Right One In...the swiss version is so much better..

Fast 5: ? was a horror movie, it was that horrible...

The Green Hornet

The Eagle: who the ? actually thought of that horseshit...
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    War of the worlds
    Zombieland
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Zombieland was the ? ...

Limitless decent but could've been better, Jumper had a lot of potential, Fighting, Last Airbender, G.I. Joe, to name a few.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Unbreakable owns this thread..

Way of the Dragon- I remember watching it when i was a kid thought that ? was ill.. yeah .. throw up ill besides that fight.. i watched it this year or last.. and it was terrible
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yeah saw She Hate Me a few weeks ago

It was sub-par and one of Spike's worst films (he'd better come up with a hit soon)

Hancock

Will Smith dropped the ball on that film, plotwise
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    most if not all superhero movies
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Last Air ?
    Green Lantern
    Thor
    Captain America
  • ShawnCoonery
    ShawnCoonery Members Posts: 211
    edited November 2011
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »
    Zombieland was the ? ...

Limitless decent but could've been better, Jumper had a lot of potential, Fighting, Last Airbender, G.I. Joe, to name a few.

co-sign all this!!!

The ending to limitless was a big ass wtf moment…jumper was like ? really…and Airbender and GI were just let downs…

let me add The Adjustment Bearau,almost every super hero movie of the past five years not named Batman and Iron Man(i.e. Green Lantern,XMen,Hulk,Thor,Fan4…ect),The Watchmen,From Paris with Love,The Sorcerer's Apprentice,2012…I can go on for a while
  • ShawnCoonery
    edited November 2011
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Yeah saw She Hate Me a few weeks ago

It was sub-par and one of Spike's worst films (he'd better come up with a hit soon)

Hancock

Will Smith dropped the ball on that film, plotwise

THIS ? TOO!!!…really a black super hero who's weakness is white women…smh
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Co-sign Limitless. Dope concept, weak movie overall. Co-sign Thor, too, not the worst super hero movie but could have been so much better and less cliched.

Spider -Man 3 is one. Having Venom against Spidey in a film should have been classic but it ended up being one of the worst film representations of a comic character Ive ever seen. Iron Man 2 could have been dope but ended up being a comedic, 2 hour Avengers Promotion. Id also say Clash of the Titans. That ? was horrible. I knew it was gonna be ass when I saw the trailer and Im usually against remaking classics but the ? sounded good on paper with what they could have done effects-wise with the monsters and battles with all the technology we have now. It just ended up being ass. The 3-D gimmick didnt help either.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    James Bond : Quantum of Solace (movie is too long and drawn out, too many lulls in the movie)

The Hangover 2 (just made the movie a bunch of homosexual ? , and the jokes were forced)

Cowboys and Aliens ( Aliens were weak sauce imo, i know Mexican aliens harder than them mfs)
  • ShawnCoonery
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The Crazies was wack as ? to me as well

I agree they straight ? Venom out in Spidey 3…Venom is one of the dopest villains in the Comic Universe but they clowned his ass Green Goblin was more ill than Venom was in the movies
  • Mantequilla
    Mantequilla Members Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    most if not all superhero movies

• chilly
    chilly Members Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Streetfighter. Wtf one of the worst movies ever made from one of the best games ever. I know it was the 90s and technology wasn't as sharp as today but damn that movie sucked.

I always wanted it to be a streets of rage movie but that ? probably would have sucked back then also. Mortal kombat delivered though.

Also aeon flux. Forced myself to sit through like 25 minutes until it was too much and I had to leave. Weird monkey ? with hands for feet wtf.

Some movie about fog or mist with clark kent dude from smallville. Sucked.

Cloverfield.
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I liked Limitless but it could have been better with the concept
  • ShawnCoonery
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Co-sign Cloverfield

What about the day after tomorrow
  • atribecalledgabi
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    lol, when does a Spike Lee movie just flows? especially one of this nature...

Avatar was one. Good story but man, M.Night directed horribly. And the script felt so cookie cutter...Hopefully that's redone

The american remake of Let The Right One In...the swiss version is so much better..

Fast 5: ? was a horror movie, it was that horrible...

The Green Hornet

The Eagle: who the ? actually thought of that horseshit...
    true....but usually his movies stay on topic despite some out of place ? . she hate me had no direction and the concepts he had were waaaaay too big to be subplots.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Co-sign Cloverfield

What about the day after tomorrow

Smh.. yeah it could have been ill they pulled some ? with the trailer
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Sucker Punch. The movie looked great with the special effects, but the movie made no damn sense. SMH
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »
    Zombieland was the ? ...

How you gonna call a movie Zombieland and theres barely any zombies? That movie spent too much time joyriding looking for twinkies and go back and forth with those two girls. The whole entire movie was like a ghost town with one or two zombies popping out every now and then. Bill murrys house should of been swarmed with zombies when they was having target practice on the balcony. Matter of fact that bill murry scene was the only classic scene in that movie. If that entire movie would of had a horde of zombies like the carnival finale and more eerie moments like that girl turned zombie in his apartment then it could of been a cult classic but they relied on a storyline that went nowhere...potential yes...the sh** no....woody locks himself in a booth and kills all the zombies with two handguns without barely aiming....yeah right.
  • ShawnCoonery
    edited November 2011
    Options
    How you gonna call a movie Zombieland and theres barely any zombies? That movie spent too much time joyriding looking for twinkies and go back and forth with those two girls. The whole entire movie was like a ghost town with one or two zombies popping out every now and then. Bill murrys house should of been swarmed with zombies when they was having target practice on the balcony. Matter of fact that bill murry scene was the only classic scene in that movie. If that entire movie would of had a horde of zombies like the carnival finale and more eerie moments like that girl turned zombie in his apartment then it could of been a cult classic but they relied on a storyline that went nowhere...potential yes...the sh** no….woody locks himself in a booth and kills all the zombies with two handguns without barely aiming....yeah right.

dont u disrespect Billy Hoyle
  • Dr.Chemix
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Sucker Punch. The movie looked great with the special effects, but the movie made no damn sense. SMH

Man that ? was basically telling chicks that they're sexual objects and if you happen to get ? , just think you're on a mission to free yourself...some mind control ? though I liked the flick...
    true....but usually his movies stay on topic despite some out of place ? . she hate me had no direction and the concepts he had were waaaaay too big to be subplots.

That's true. I haven't even seen the flick. One cat I know keeps raving about Kerry Washington ? his gf or something?
  • birdcallaveli
    birdcallaveli Members Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i was disappointed in that tron movie. i saw that on 3d imax last year while tripping hard on acid and it was wack. i was expecting my mind to be ? by bright neon colors and ? .
  • atribecalledgabi
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    That's true. I haven't even seen the flick. One cat I know keeps raving about Kerry Washington ? his gf or something?
    tell him it really wasn't all that.....lol

& if it's the scene i'm thinkin of it didn't even last that long...like maybe 10 seconds max.
  • Dr.Chemix
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i was disappointed in that tron movie. i saw that on 3d imax last year while tripping hard on acid and it was wack. i was expecting my mind to be ? by bright neon colors and ? .

yea ? , Tron was not the show for a trip...I liked the flick but for a mindwarp...naw
    tell him it really wasn't all that.....lol

& if it's the scene i'm thinkin of it didn't even last that long...like maybe 10 seconds max.

Aw damn...he made it sound like ? was going down...

But he's an old school player...rolling through playin the Chi-lites knocking out his trunk

So its expected