Ladies: Is it still possible to keep a friendship with

Options
blakfyahking
blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in The Powder Room
a guy you been friends with for years, but he rejected your advances?

Got a friend and me and her go back over a decade. Recently I've been getting the foreboding feeling she trying to do something more than just be friends............but honestly I'm not checking for a relationship

And I'm not going to play with her feelings and do the cut buddy thing cause I know it will just make the situation more complicated

But I honestly value her friendship and I don't want to hurt her feelings..........I really think she's just acting this way cause she is going thru some stuff in her life right now and is feeling alone. And I seem to be the most qualified candidate. I genuinely think a good friendship is about to be strained. :(

Ladies would you still be able to deal with the rejection and still be cool with ya boy?

Comments

• betterthenu84
    betterthenu84 Members Posts: 861
    edited May 2010
    Options
    That happened to me once I started to really feel a really good friend of mine and we had this day were something could have happened but didn't. And when he moved to Tenn he would bring it up like what if and ? . We'd talk everyday and when he'd come back home we'd hang, so one day I told him. I don't know how you are feeling but I really like you, and have for some time. And he thought about it and he was like you know that day we spent I really thought something could have happened but I can't take it there with you and I really couldn't because I don't want to lose a friend if things went bad between us.

For a really long time I was really mad at him you know for turning me down because at the time feelings were so strong. But after the emotions cleared and I really thought about it I knew it wasn't a good idea for us to go there. We are still cool now because even though I was mad and stopped calling and emailing him as much he would still call and be like "look f8cker I love you so stop being mad" lol.

So with all that being said you should sit her down and be very honest with her and be like look I know your going thru some things and you maybe feeling me but I really only like you as a friend. And I don't want to jeopradize our friendship because that is more important to me. Hopefully if she's an adult about her ? she'll be okay with it.
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You never know. Some years down the line yall might actually get together. Your S/O should be your best friend IMO.
  • blakfyahking
    edited May 2010
    Options
    shadb33 wrote: »
    You never know. Some years down the line yall might actually get together. Your S/O should be your best friend IMO.

I thought about that as well

but I'm not relationship material right now, cause I honestly don't want a relationship

the familiar sex could be cool, but in the end it would just create problems.........so I don't play any games to even set that scenario to even happen

cause the worst scenario would be to start getting real comfortable with each other and then realize you are only being exclusive in a relationship out of guilt when that's not what you really wanted from the beginning

I value her too much to play with her feelings like that.........I also wonder what effect that would be on my daughter as well since they have a relationship :(

and she got flaws that I'm not willing to deal with, and I def got flaws as well.........recently I've become a selfish ass ? LOL
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    It can go either way...
  • blakfyahking
    edited May 2010
    Options
    SMH @ this thread flopping cause the female ego can't possibly imagine being rejected by their male friend
  • edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Women can't handle rejection. Your better off ? and telling her you dont want to be in a relationship. They can handle that better. Sometimes, they just keep ? you until you break that off too.
  • t0wers
    t0wers Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    word@Shad,....