After Apocalypse

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in The Social Lounge
I just finished watching "After Apocalypse", in which they portrayed a pandemic that swept over the world. I missed the first 30 minutes, so I'm not sure what led up to everything but there was no more power, electricity ceased to exist anymore.

No power = loss of communication, information & even food.

People were dying. Pretty much, a Fallout scenario.

Now what would you do? Where would you go? Would you survive, how?

Take into consideration gangs would now form to ransack houses for goods (food, water, weapons, alcohol etc)

Paper money isn't going to work anymore. People with food have the power. 100% of the stores would probably already have been cleaned out. Towns would be blocked off by groups of people who do not want to either share food/water or allow in "disease".

How would you go about life?

I've never really thought about it until after watching this show, so I'm curious as to what you guys would do.

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited May 2010
    Options
    First thing Id do is head to closest gun store, and load up on everything I could there. Then Id head straight to a production plant and get foods and water that last a while (being stores would have been already ran through). Id find some people who want to survive and will do whatever to survive, and we'd start a community somewhere and we would get more people and I would build back up again. Honestly, i thought about it alot, I got a long list of ? id do plus back up plans for if the first ones fail. Its all too long to post.
  • VIBE
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Did you watch it as well? It gave me a lot of insight to what to do. I never thought of actually going to a production plant.

I would first off run to a gun store, load up there as well. I would def. hit up a hardware store for weaponry too, as weird as that sounds. I would def. hit up places for water, dry foods and canned goods.

I would hit up a car dealership, for big cars. Anything I could scavenge for, car parts, etc that I could use.

If I was to hit up any type of Wal-Mart or Target, I would pick up on fishing gear, walkie talkies, batteries, radio, camping gear, clothing and anything for my kids.

I would head for the ocean, fishing there would keep me alive. Picking off a vacation home would be easy. I would set up a community there, if there isn't one already.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited May 2010
    Options
    No I didnt see it but when I was younger I was in a boot camp and we did survival training in there and I learned alot from it.

Yea the main thing is weapons, a vehicle or something to haul all your stuff in, and eventually getting to or starting a community. The power comes in numbers, if you have a group fighting for good cause you can survive. The only way I would find it hard after an apocalypse is if a nuclear war happened, animals were all dead from radiation, radiation poisoned the waters, and nothing could grow, I dont think I could turn to cannabilism so Id end up dying in that case. Other than that I think man could keep moving and it might acually do something positive in the long run.
  • VIBE
    edited May 2010
    Options
    In this show they showed that we no longer had technology, no more fuel. All technology was dead, they showed us having to revert back to horses and man made tools, plows to do farming all over again. People dying from simple cuts that became infected, etc...
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited May 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    In this show they showed that we no longer had technology, no more fuel. All technology was dead, they showed us having to revert back to horses and man made tools, plows to do farming all over again. People dying from simple cuts that became infected, etc...

We would always have technology from here on out, fuel would be limited but we'd still have it at least for a while until the supply was gone and if no one was able to get the wells and drills runnin. I think they might have went overboard a little bit, we'd still be using cars and such to. The plows I could see, we wouldnt waste fuel or need to waste fuel on large machines but cars will still be used. Within a year or two of a community being started we would have people starting to come up with way to run things off of hydrogen and you could drive and collect solar panels and wiring from warehouses also. Dying from cuts is likely if someone doesnt find a way to make antibiotics in a year or so. Theres enough supplies of them though to eep you goin for a while.