Support the "War is Making you Poor ACT" - Call Your Congressmen

Options
bornnraisedoffCMR
bornnraisedoffCMR Members Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
edited May 2010 in The Social Lounge
Rep. Grayson introduces a bill to cut separate funding for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and uses the money to eliminate federal income taxes on every American's first $35,000 of income. Cosponsors of this bill include Ron Paul, Walter Jones, John Conyers, Lynn Woolsey, and Dennis Kucinich.

Support H.R. 5353!!!

Comments

• shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Let's not just stop wasting money on these wars. Why the ? we still got troops in Germany and ? ?
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I heard some pundit say a lot of those countries want us there. They just dont say so publicly to appease their base. But we've signed treaties with these people and have troops there at their request. ANybody know anything about that?
  • shootemwon
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I heard some pundit say a lot of those countries want us there. They just dont say so publicly to appease their base. But we've signed treaties with these people and have troops there at their request. ANybody know anything about that?

I'm sure they want us there. We're paying for it and they're saving money on defense/security. But it's time for us to stop picking up the tab on this ? for half the world. We shouldn't have US troops ANYWHERE unilaterally unless it's we're legitimately defending ourselves from direct attack (aka not any of the places we got troops currently)
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Grayson's the ? .
  • shootemwon
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Grayson's the ? .

I don't like him. I agree with him on a lot of issues, but his personality is unbearable. When he was on Real Time with Bill Maher the other week he ruined the whole episode.
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited May 2010
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    I don't like him. I agree with him on a lot of issues, but his personality is unbearable. When he was on Real Time with Bill Maher the other week he ruined the whole episode.

His personality is what the democrats need, someone who just stands up and says whats on his mind, none of this politics BS. Dude just lays it out. I seen him on Maher, I was a little let down, but just assumed he smoked some weed with Maher before the show. When he hits the floor though its like Mr. Smith goes to Washington everytime.
  • shootemwon
    edited May 2010
    Options
    His personality is what the democrats need, someone who just stands up and says whats on his mind, none of this politics BS. Dude just lays it out. I seen him on Maher, I was a little let down, but just assumed he smoked some weed with Maher before the show. When he hits the floor though its like Mr. Smith goes to Washington everytime.

Eh, not really. Grayson is just a camera hog. He tries to say provocative things constantly to get on tv and increase his profile. It's over the top and doesn't seem genuine. For what you're talking about, I'm a fan of Anthony ? , who ain't afraid to take shots but does is 100 times better.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    shootemwon wrote: »
    Eh, not really. Grayson is just a camera hog. He tries to say provocative things constantly to get on tv and increase his profile. It's over the top and doesn't seem genuine. For what you're talking about, I'm a fan of Anthony ? , who ain't afraid to take shots but does is 100 times better.

? is overrated. He supports Israel all the time, they're never wrong in his eyes. Politicians like him are the reason the USA is so hated in so many parts of the world. I do like Grayson though, he's the man! I co-sponsor this bill!