Between a 1 and a 10, how big a disappointment is Obama to you?

Options
kingblaze84
kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in The Social Lounge
For me, it's a 7......I am happy healthcare reform passed, but we all know how I feel about this dumb war that is still going on in Afghanistan.....and why the flying ? are we still in Iraq?? Whatever happened to "Mission Accomplished"? LMAO.....damn, I thought Obama was gonna bring full on change, but we're still fighting two meaningless wars now.....is this George W Bush's third term?

And where are the creative ideas for fixing the economy?? Why not legalize weed?? Where's the bailouts for all the hospitals and schools closing down due to budget cuts??

We got billions.....nope.....I mean TRILLIONS of dollars to fight wars but not enough to save jobs in the USA? Something is wrong here.....

Aside from these things, I can't complain too much. It's nice having a black president and all, but that warm, fuzzy feeling I felt on November 4th, 2008 really seems like a distant memory now. I give him a C- as far as him being a president so far.

And yeah, I spun this thread off from H-Rap and his 1-100 thread.....gota give credit where credit is due.

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Oh yeah, and I spun this thread off from H-Rap.....I gota give credit where credit is due.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options

? promised to give me a billion dollas

still waitin on that, Barack

plus, I heard he work for The Feds......
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited May 2010
    Options
    5, Im glad he got health care reform passed and the wall street ? . I think he caves in under pressure though, making sure you get something passed is good, but throwing away half the bill to please rich white guys aint the way it should be done.
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    This number system is arbitrary and has no realistic roof to it. No matter how disappointed you've been, surely he could do something to make us even more disappointed.
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    shame on all of you for thinkin a politician was gonna make your life better
  • florida321
    florida321 Members Posts: 60
    edited May 2010
    Options
    1 because I got some sense.
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    For me, it's a 7......I am happy healthcare reform passed, but we all know how I feel about this dumb war that is still going on in Afghanistan.....and why the flying ? are we still in Iraq?? Whatever happened to "Mission Accomplished"? LMAO.....damn, I thought Obama was gonna bring full on change, but we're still fighting two meaningless wars now.....is this George W Bush's third term?

And where are the creative ideas for fixing the economy?? Why not legalize weed?? Where's the bailouts for all the hospitals and schools closing down due to budget cuts??

We got billions.....nope.....I mean TRILLIONS of dollars to fight wars but not enough to save jobs in the USA? Something is wrong here.....

Aside from these things, I can't complain too much. It's nice having a black president and all, but that warm, fuzzy feeling I felt on November 4th, 2008 really seems like a distant memory now. I give him a C- as far as him being a president so far.

And yeah, I spun this thread off from H-Rap and his 1-100 thread.....gota give credit where credit is due.

Ni99a I sell weed for a living you tryn'a put me outta bussiness? ? that!
  • mr_exclusive
    mr_exclusive Members Posts: 92
    edited May 2010
    Options
    For all you people that are happy that Obamacare passed, I'd like to know your reasons for thinking America will be better off. Please help me understand. Thanks in advance...
  • independentsoundlab
    independentsoundlab Members Posts: 351
    edited May 2010
    Options
    dont matter.. cuz he gon serve another term any way.. if bush did it.. why not him?
    matter of fact.. if bush was president... i think one of us can lead this country into better success...

10 - for having no backbone..
    cant please everyone Barack.. stick to ya gameplan and stop listening to the white folks..
    better start taking care of ya neighborhood rather than iRaq..
    anyway,
    ? the government..
  • Jumaane
    Jumaane Members Posts: 20
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The Wars has been going on for 10 years.. Obama didn't start it. if he Ends it it means that we've admitted defeat.
  • youngfresh23
    youngfresh23 Members Posts: 137
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm very disappointed by him seems like all he cares about is maken sure the big corporations dont fail.. i feel like i wasted on a vote on him
  • P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You guys expect him to be the Second Coming , he can't fulfill all wishes but he is at least trying to do something unlike Bush or any other Republican reincarnation of him.
  • EvanR12
    EvanR12 Members Posts: 60
    edited May 2010
    Options

Not sure, those are very complex situations you are talking about ofcourse. The majority of the country did not want healthcare reform passed, and they forced it upon us, when he was in campaign mode he was all "i work for the people ill do what you guys want".

I dont understand the "its nice that hes black"...... what are you talking about are black people better or something? im for equality, and judging by charactor.

How exactly did you want us to respond to thousands of our people being slaughtered though on 911? just do nothing? My personal opinion is that we should have used better intelligence, and been more precise in finding exactly where the terrorists were. You gotta offer a better idea not just shut down one idea.

I dont know, i think the more he takes alot of money from one class and just gives it to another class, the less entrepeneurship and innovation thrives. Because people just figure "i dont have to do anything Obama is already just giving me the successfull guy's money" I believe in responsability for your own actions. Think about it, if there is a rich bussiness owner, and Obama takes most of his money, now that guy is going to have to fire people instead of hiring more. It hurts job creation.
  • the1nonlyruru
    the1nonlyruru Members Posts: 1,055 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    shadb33 wrote: »
    shame on all of you for thinkin a politician was gonna make your life better

^what this guy said

but seriously look at how ? up the country is so we still gotta give him more time. at least ? been done.
  • 86 jordan
    86 jordan Members Posts: 96 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    7, he lies great

From the campaign said he would stop wars, show transparent government, hire no lobbyist ect.

He just a politician regardless of color. But still better then McCain so he was the better of a bad decision to make
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    florida321 wrote: »
    1 because I got some sense.

I co-sign this statement
  • shootemwon
    edited May 2010
    Options
    dont matter.. cuz he gon serve another term any way.. if bush did it.. why not him?
    matter of fact.. if bush was president... i think one of us can lead this country into better success...

cant please everyone Barack.. stick to ya gameplan and stop listening to the white folks..
    anyway,
    ? the government..

SMH....what a bunch of ignorant ? . If Bush was re-elected, why not Obama? Well the economy is likely to be worse in 2012 than it was in 2004, which always plays into presidential elections. Also, despite Obama's tremendous voter organization and expansion of the electorate, he benefited greatly from first time voters and young people, who are still historically unreliable for the next time around. With Bush 4 years removed, Democrats won't have as much traction reminding voters of the failures of W's presidency, which in 2008 gave an advantage to any Democratic candidate. The left is disillusioned because it turns out that Obama is not a progressive president, and centrists/independents (who, despite acting superior to those firmly rooted in ideology, are usually idiots) are buying into the nonsense talking points that the national debt is perpetuating our economic woes.

With all that said, if I had to predict the outcome of the 2012 election right now (and that's really impossible to do with any type of certainty this far out) I'd say it's more likely than not that Obama does get re-elected. The opposition's outrage is peaking too early. It won't be sustained for another 2 years, and the economy should begin to improve (though if Obama is sincere in his appeal to the deficit hawks, things may not get better for a very long time). The GOP is at odds with its own radical wing, which will complicate the primary process, in which the GOP doesn't have a clear star capable of actually taking on the presidency. So there...plenty of reasons for Obama to get re-elected, but also plenty of reasons why he might not. All of these reasons have one thing in common though: They're not ? and meaningless like "if bush did it.. why not him?"
  • busayo
    busayo Members Posts: 857
    edited May 2010
    Options

obama didn't pay my gas bill and mortgage
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    86 jordan wrote: »
    said he would stop wars

What wars? You thought he was gonna stop Afghanistan? Did you listen to the speeches or did u skim through em?
  • EvanR12
    EvanR12 Members Posts: 60
    edited May 2010
    Options

anyway,
    ? the government..

Ya see, you dont want him listening to "white folks", you are one of the few racists left. Martin Luther would be ashamed of you
  • SL8Rok
    SL8Rok Members Posts: 154
    edited May 2010
    Options
    0 - I didn't expect much from him. And then when he got the nobel prize for "talking" about peace that pretty much set the tone for his presidency I think.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    4- Why are we still at war? He tries to please everyone, and he never sticks to his game plan....I chose a low number because at the end of the day, he's still a politician.
  • shootemwon
    edited May 2010
    Options
    EvanR12 wrote: »
    Ya see, you dont want him listening to "white folks", you are one of the few racists left. Martin Luther would be ashamed of you

Actually, he told Obama to "stick to ya gameplan and stop listening to the white folks.."

Meaning this guy thinks Obama WASN'T listening to white folks before any of us heard of Obama.
  • 86 jordan
    86 jordan Members Posts: 96 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    What wars? You thought he was gonna stop Afghanistan? Did you listen to the speeches or did u skim through em?

No Iraq, just like his 2002 speech which put the then no name politician on the map

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhpKmQCCwB8

you don't comprehend speeches well, but can quote jiggas rap lyrics, when the shoe don't fit.
    you tell me? He isn't getting out of Iraq anytime soon, and has not pulled troops out to start what he promised by the end of 2011. You would give him another Nobel peace prize, cause your smart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i74jQpLyE40
    Afghanistan, any thinking man would get out if you do the history. Afghanistan is the place dying empires go to fight.
  • elliott_argon
    elliott_argon Members Posts: 286 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    rip gifted universal rhymes unlimited