Alternative States of Consciousness

Options
Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in The Social Lounge
through meditation....

Is it possible? Do any of you guys meditate on a daily basis? Have you ever found yourself slipping into a different realm of consciousness? Is it even possible?

Comments

•   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ive meditated in the past all i remember seeing is a bright white light when i opened my eyes to get up my body was hard to move fast. i dont think i could do it again for my body sake
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Most people especially on this site are so closed minded and brainwashed they can't imagine anything past their own experience or what has been discovered scientifically. They choose to NOT think for themselves therefore they can't understand their own mind and how it works. They choose to let others tell them how it works and just mimic everything they see others do.

I have meditated since a child. 20+ years...
    Results are as follows.
    Four very interesting states worth mentioning:
    1.) Complete and total silence with the ability to feel my surroundings and the energy connection in matter itself. The most extreme

2.) The sound of noise like a deep vibration noise but in a void. Hard to describe. Extremely loud thats it. Just a really volatile sound, but the feeling of a calming peace. Like being in the presence of everything all at the same time is the feeling you get. Connection of everything. Relaxing

3.) Super colorful experience. Just all colors and they are super vibrant. Not just color though. The colors are responsive as people here would describe them as a living entity and able to transmit information. I won't venture that far I will just say amazing color. Amazing

4.)The information Highway. I dont claim to have psychic powers but I have had random times during meditation were I have had random access to knowledge I could not normally comprehend. Simple example of knowing exactly what time it is without looking at a clock first. Extreme example would include placing my consciousness in a completely separate place from my body. I have been to places I have never seen in what we call real life and I would go as far to say that I have mentally been in times (by the standards we use to measure time today) that have yet to exist (future). I have tested this information Highway and asked myslef math equations I usually would not know and flawlessly answered them immediatley without thinking. This particular state started as an outter body experience, the whole looking down on yourself spiel... Most people have done this whether they admit it or not. I just tried to do it over and over. Funny thing is it gets stronger in December and peeks around the 22nd. Amazing

This is all personal experience... Never read books on any of this stuff.

Take it how you want, peace...
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Once I meditated and tripled myself.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Most people especially on this site are so closed minded and brainwashed they can't imagine anything past their own experience or what has been discovered scientifically. They choose to NOT think for themselves therefore they can't understand their own mind and how it works. They choose to let others tell them how it works and just mimic everything they see others do.

I have meditated since a child. 20+ years...
    Results are as follows.
    Four very interesting states worth mentioning:
    1.) Complete and total silence with the ability to feel my surroundings and the energy connection in matter itself. The most extreme

2.) The sound of noise like a deep vibration noise but in a void. Hard to describe. Extremely loud thats it. Just a really volatile sound, but the feeling of a calming peace. Like being in the presence of everything all at the same time is the feeling you get. Connection of everything. Relaxing

3.) Super colorful experience. Just all colors and they are super vibrant. Not just color though. The colors are responsive as people here would describe them as a living entity and able to transmit information. I won't venture that far I will just say amazing color. Amazing

4.)The information Highway. I dont claim to have psychic powers but I have had random times during meditation were I have had random access to knowledge I could not normally comprehend. Simple example of knowing exactly what time it is without looking at a clock first. Extreme example would include placing my consciousness in a completely separate place from my body. I have been to places I have never seen in what we call real life and I would go as far to say that I have mentally been in times (by the standards we use to measure time today) that have yet to exist (future). I have tested this information Highway and asked myslef math equations I usually would not know and flawlessly answered them immediatley without thinking. This particular state started as an outter body experience, the whole looking down on yourself spiel... Most people have done this whether they admit it or not. I just tried to do it over and over. Funny thing is it gets stronger in December and peeks around the 22nd. Amazing

This is all personal experience... Never read books on any of this stuff.

Take it how you want, peace...

Very good post. I have yet to experience any OBE's or remote viewing as which you have described. It has been a while since I have consistently meditated and it feels as if I am starting all over. My mind tends to wander and I have an extremely hard time focusing and formulating images in my head. I have been using binaural beats to assist me which has worked pretty well. I hope to one be able to meditate without them and experiences things in which you have described.

I think meditation serves different purposes for everyone and each person experiences it in their own unique fashion. Still, I am fascinated by personal accounts like yours because it really attest to how much of a mystery our consciousness is. I have heard of some pretty spaced out testimonies of people being able to connect with "? " and tap into other realities. I have never doubted them but whether if what their experiencing is real or just all in the mind is pretty interesting.
  • Madbeats
    Madbeats Members Posts: 544
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I do meditate and find it extremely healthy for clearing my head. I haven't had any outer body experiences or anything, but I can definitely control my body more. The law of attraction is amazing so I try to visualize my goals while meditating as well.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lucid dreams but no meditation.