Is He Broke? Chris Tucker To Star In The Upcoming Friday Movie?

Options
myboy726
myboy726 Members Posts: 12
edited November 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
He said b4 that he wasn't doing anymore Friday's. It looks as though he changed his mind. Or it look like his pockets are hurting so he came back to his regular following.

http://whogottherole.com/movie-news/casting/chris-tucker-to-star-in-the-upcoming-friday-sequel/

Comments

• goat334
    goat334 Members Posts: 3,604 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I don't want to say he is broke....made some cheese with that Rush Hour trilogy or whatever. Probably gonna go ahead and give the people what they want.
  • myboy726
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well I hope it's true, because that first one was funny as hell. "Smokey"
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Man, his people are probably telling him to do this. They bringing light to his eyes about money, 15 min spot light again etc.. He's been mia for quite a while, so this will bring him back, get him interviews, shoots, attention, $$, then he'll go under the radar again. Hurting for $$? Who knows but it doesn't hurt to always have it.
  • im_lux
    im_lux Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Until this ? is on video or radio sayin outta his mouth that he is going to do it i dont believe it and wont even get my hopes up...its been rumored for years he was doing another friday and he always comes out and squashes it.
  • goat334
    goat334 Members Posts: 3,604 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well he ain't broke if they talking about private jets and ? .

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh99XbW6DoFNHE51Xv
  • Mr.Bocario
    Mr.Bocario Members Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Tucker gets paid 20 mil to make a movie every 10 yrs, so nah he's not broke
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i wanna see it but i really dont expect it to be as funny as we want it to be....first of all, you just cant hide age that well....unless they upgraded him to ? or sumn i dont know how they would throw him back in the story....would they be in the old hood?.....idk....but i'd still wanna see it
  • dirtyrodney
    dirtyrodney Members Posts: 556
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Whether he broke or not, its no way its gone be funny after all this time. I thought he went all religious and stop cursing.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    im_lux wrote: »
    Until this ? is on video or radio sayin outta his mouth that he is going to do it i dont believe it and wont even get my hopes up...its been rumored for years he was doing another friday and he always comes out and squashes it.
    HAF BAYKED wrote: »
    i wanna see it but i really dont expect it to be as funny as we want it to be....first of all, you just cant hide age that well....unless they upgraded him to ? or sumn i dont know how they would throw him back in the story....would they be in the old hood?.....idk....but i'd still wanna see it
    Whether he broke or not, its no way its gone be funny after all this time. I thought he went all religious and stop cursing.

and cosign
  • myboy726
    edited November 2011
    Options

I thought this was the case too, but he did curse in rush hour 2.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    There's no way he's still "smokey" funny.

I've noticed that after years of not seeing a certain movie or show and they bring it back we hype it like, "ohhh ? remember how funny it was? ? is gonna be guts etc..." Bet you we're gonna be like, "wtf? Nah, he lost it as Smokey". Really though, more than likely gonna really be stupid. They ? ? like thing by not letting rest, it's a classic, let it live.
  • down2earth
    down2earth Members Posts: 953 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i don't think he's broke....but i don't wanna see him in another friday, he's supposed to be a born again christian or some ? . That's gonna ? up the mojo
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Chris tucker aint broke he just not making movies right now
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    down2earth wrote: »
    i don't think he's broke....but i don't wanna see him in another friday, he's supposed to be a born again christian or some ? . That's gonna ? up the mojo

if that's the case why is he making rush hour movies?
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

yea, religious peeps have their moments...

So yea, if the dude is broke, he's broke. That's nothing new in this economy. Everybody hurting.

But yea, I agree with the consensus, I know this ? isn't going to be funny if it comes out...

Its like watching Harold and Kumar with all that makeup...too old for that ?

I guess Tyler Perry thought he was too black and ugly to add him to his flicks

Though Chris probably would have dressed in drag with him...
  • Kuntpunt
    Kuntpunt Members Posts: 52
    edited November 2011
    Options
    he didnt stop cursing if you seen rush hour.. he didnt want the whole weed smoking image anymore due to him moving up in hollywood.. but rush hour is his only gig so to avoid being broke he'll take friday cause it will generate money.. a lot..
  • Dubber Rucky
    Dubber Rucky Banned Users Posts: 601
    edited November 2011
    Options
    He owes 11 million in taxes....he bout to be broke
  • King_Me
    King_Me Members Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    They can slide his character back in . In the second episode they said he was in rehab. So he can come back in being a recovering addict that has a relapse or some ? . But like ? said, ? prolly wouldn't be funny. They need to throw Kevin Hart in it to make funny.
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    nah stop that ? RIGHT NOW......everyones expectations are way too high for this film to be good let alone match up to the first.......they shoulda done this a whole many years earlier.....let me see "friday in 3D" and cube vision is getting sent a vile of bubonic plague..old skool
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I hope this ? just a rumor. Cuz' there aint no need for another Friday. After the first Friday (GOAT), they've gotten progressively worse. Let that franchise R.I.P, damn.
  • im_lux
    im_lux Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yo did ice cubes sitcom show even come out tho? ? I seen commercials everyday but never seen them air an ep lol.

Yeah I seen part of an episode and changed it...the ? wasn't funny and the ? cube can't act. Tried to get his Tyler Perry on wit that but nobody wanted to see that ? .
  • Esiam
    Esiam Banned Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    They been going back and forth with this for like 5 years so I wouldn't say pop the champagne-bottles just yet, anyways i don't think a sequel would work this far after, doubt that Tucker and Cube could their chemistry back too... PLUS I'm betting if Tucker comes back his character is gonna be changed drastically... They shouldnt even bother it's gonna be wack, guarranteed...
  • dirtyrodney
    dirtyrodney Members Posts: 556
    edited November 2011
    Options
    He owes 11 million in taxes....he bout to be broke

Taxes is a muthafucka, Im not saying he broke, Im just saying. ? counting his money like they KNOW he aint broke. Kids, wife, houses, lawyer fees, accountant fees, cars, Weekly church tides, that ? is gone get you one way or another.....

Im just saying
  • myboy726
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lmao at your Lil wayne pic. Thats my first time seeing it.
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Esiam wrote: »
    They been going back and forth with this for like 5 years so I wouldn't say pop the champagne-bottles just yet, anyways i don't think a sequel would work this far after, doubt that Tucker and Cube could their chemistry back too... PLUS I'm betting if Tucker comes back his character is gonna be changed drastically... They shouldnt even bother it's gonna be wack, guarranteed...

yeah smokey prolly don't even smoke no mo