Tactical Espionage Announcement: Kojima working on Metal Gear Solid 5

Options
Dubber Rucky
Dubber Rucky Banned Users Posts: 601
edited November 2011 in IllGaming
Though this may not be a surprise worthy of even a single exclamation point, it's welcome news to fans of cardboard camouflage, fateful fistfights, and delicious, convenient Calorie Mates.

There's going to be a Metal Gear Solid 5. And, despite his constant efforts to extricate himself from the series, Hideo Kojima is going to be in charge of it -- though it's currently unclear whether that will be in a higher-level production capacity or as director.

The news comes out of the latest Official PlayStation Magazine UK, which finds a place for Hideo right on the cover. In the issue, Kojima discusses Metal Gear Solid Rising, his plans for this newly announced (but highly expected) sequel, and a new project called "Project Ogre." Whatever it is, we're sure it's not a new Snatcher game.

opmcover.jpg

Comments

• vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Really believe Kojima should put MGS to bed and work on more new IPs
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    sigh....

It's not like I can say no to this, but I really hope that Koji pro has learned a lot from western devs, mainly naughty dog, because the next title has to be a vast improvement over 4. The uncharted games are what a true cinematic experience is supposed to be in a video game. Can't wait to see a trailer, his trailers are the best in the business
  • Dubber Rucky
    edited November 2011
    Options
    imm0rt4l wrote: »
    sigh....

It's not like I can say no to this, but I really hope that Koji pro has learned a lot from western devs, mainly naughty dog, because the next title has to be a vast improvement over 4. The uncharted games are what a true cinematic experience is supposed to be in a video game. Can't wait to see a trailer, his trailers are the best in the business

what was wrong with 4? i liked it more then snake eater and part 2
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Being better than 2 isn't much of an accomplishment. You were a blonde male who ? about everything and did cart wheels while holding your ? .
  • W!Z G
    W!Z G Members Posts: 170 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Still think snake eater was the best metal gear
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well the codec messages in mg3 were GOAT
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    still have not played MGS4
  • Dubber Rucky
    edited November 2011
    Options
    mgs4 online was fun as ?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    All of them are classics
  • NAWLEDGE_REIGNS
    NAWLEDGE_REIGNS Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    MGS Series >>>> Uncharted Series And I Enjoy Both
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Msg4 is the only campaign I've ever played 5 times

One of the top games this generation

Seriously. MGS4 was not a game. It was an experience.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I can't wait for a new MGS. I'm especially interested to see what he does with the ONLINE portion this time around since multiplayer has evolved quite a bit since MGS4 came out.

The only question is.... will it be on PS3, or PS4?
  • Dubber Rucky
    edited November 2011
    Options
    MGS Series >>>> Uncharted Series And I Enjoy Both

Your a ? ass motherfucer, a name change doesnt solve that
  • Hip-Hop One
    Hip-Hop One Members Posts: 703 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I thought MGS4 was a perfect conclusion for the Metal Gear series and that should be it for it; but I guess I can understand why Kojima might not want to ever put it to rest...it's been his life for over twenty years. Probably hard to ever truly say goodbye.

I don't think it will involve Snake though, since I believe he said that MGS4 was the end of Snake's story. Regardless of what I think, Metal Gear will always be something I'll be on the lookout for.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I want Kojima to make new games but somebody got to pay Konamis bills... and it aint the people that work on Dance Dance Revolution
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited November 2011
    Options
    haven't finished MGS4 yet the cutscenes in that game are just two damn long 15 to 20 minutes of cinematics for damn near every 10 minutes of gameplay is not worth it to me

metal gear solid is my favorite game of all time though I just think he got a little to grand in his vision and wanting to present such an amazing experience that the gameplay fell more and more by the wayside
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    still have not played MGS4

Same as. Peace Walker was brilliant, but Kojima really needs to lay the series to sleep now.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I don't think that immortal was saying that MGS4 was bad or comparing it to Uncharted as a series.I agree with him about the technical aspect of the game needed to see improvement like the leap from U1 to U2 and U.The controls and character movement feel so archaic when I try to go back to play MGS4 again after playing Uncharted 2.MGS4 is also too slow of a game and it was not a problem at the time because there was nothing technically on the market that could compete with it.i
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I don't think that immortal was saying that MGS4 was bad or comparing it to Uncharted as a series.I agree with him about the technical aspect of the game needed to see improvement like the leap from U1 to U2 and U.The controls and character movement feel so archaic when I try to go back to play MGS4 again after playing Uncharted 2.MGS4 is also too slow of a game and it was not a problem at the time because there was nothing technically on the market that could compete with it.I too think that it is time for the series to take a break and then come back with a whole new plot with new characters.Don' want to see the franchise turn into another mario or zelda with nothing but rehashes.We will buy it regardless though.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    I don't think that immortal was saying that MGS4 was bad or comparing it to Uncharted as a series.I agree with him about the technical aspect of the game needed to see improvement like the leap from U1 to U2 and U.The controls and character movement feel so archaic when I try to go back to play MGS4 again after playing Uncharted 2.MGS4 is also too slow of a game and it was not a problem at the time because there was nothing technically on the market that could compete with it.I too think that it is time for the series to take a break and then come back with a whole new plot with new characters.Don' want to see the franchise turn into another mario or zelda with nothing but rehashes.We will buy it regardless though.

How do your parents feel about the fact that you are not only a social reject but a zit-faced nerd??

Have you considered suicide as an option??
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ^^
    what the ? lol chasing posters into forums you wouldnt otherwise visit is whats hot on the IC now?
    I can't wait for a new MGS. I'm especially interested to see what he does with the ONLINE portion this time around since multiplayer has evolved quite a bit since MGS4 came out.

The only question is.... will it be on PS3, or PS4?

im gonna say PS3. one after that will definitely be PS4
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ^^ Dude acts like Im not a friggin' huuuuuuge MG fan when Im not playing Red Faction on PS2 or fondly reminiscing about the Legend of Zelda.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    huh why?.....MGS 4 was a perfect ending to the story...it even made MGS 2 seem more relevant.....one of the greatest games I have ever played.....why ruin it?.....besides....everybodies dead except otacon, raiden, col. campbell and campbell's niece....wtf if the story gonna be about?.....come one kojima.....end it....and I ? love mgs 4
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    if they make a mgs 5 it has to be a prequel. snake bout to die at the end of 4
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ^^
    what the ? lol chasing posters into forums you wouldnt otherwise visit is whats hot on the IC now?

im gonna say PS3. one after that will definitely be PS4

Maybe... but if the 720 is coming out next year then he might go that route since he created a new engine
    and if MGS5 is announced next month i doubt it will come out next year but if it did it would be ether to Sony if the 720 have MGS as a launch title