80's Babies' ? : The Official EXPENDABLES 2 Thread

Options
rapmastermind
rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Ok, "Expendables" 1 could of been better but I respect Stallone's vision. Well the movie on an 80 Million budget ended up doing close to 300 Million worldwide becoming one of the most successful Independent films ever. Everyone in the movie took pay cuts including Stallone to do it. After the success the crew is back for one more adventure and this time Stallone isn't going to disappoint fans. Cause of scheduling conflicts, he couldn't get the true cast he wanted in the 1st one. With the new poster, anyone who grew up in the 80's will be there for sure:

EXPENDABLES2.jpg?1321653162

Classic ? , the only ppl missing are Wesley (Jail for Tax Evation), Steven Segal (Beef with one of the producers) and Carl Weathers (Beef with Stallone) but having Sly, Arnold and Bruce in a long part not just a cameo is Classic enough. Anyone excited about this? I sure am.

Comments

• blue wizdom
    blue wizdom Members Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Chuck ? Norris!!!!
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Cool line up....

Why are Carl Weathers and Stallone beefing?
  • rapmastermind
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Cool line up....

Why are Carl Weathers and Stallone beefing?

Stallone wanted to use stock footage of Apollo in "Rocky 6" but Carl wanted to be in the movie which didn't make sense cause the character was dead. So he then asked Stallone for more money for it and then they had a fall out. Stallone reached out again for Expendables but Carl was still salty cause "Rocky 6" Actually made dough. Segal wanted to do it but he's still beefing with a producer over a different film. Wesley of course got a raw deal on that tax ish, would of loved to see him in this. I agree the 1st one was hit or miss but the action was still solid.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Chuck Norris looks so out of place for some reason. Looks like a friendly senior citizen who wandered into the shot.

And I think Stallone and Weathers got beef because Apollo wanted some crazy compensation to appear in Rocky Balboa or something.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Stallone wanted to use stock footage of Apollo in "Rocky 6" but Carl wanted to be in the movie which didn't make sense cause the character was dead. So he then asked Stallone for more money for it and then they had a fall out. Stallone reached out again for Expendables but Carl was still salty cause "Rocky 6" Actually made dough. Segal wanted to do it but he's still beefing with a producer over a different film. Wesley of course got a raw deal on that tax ish, would of loved to see him in this. I agree the 1st one was hit or miss but the action was still solid.

segal also has beef with van damme
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    im ready....? will be a good action flick
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i don't care what anybody says, i liked the 1st one. i mean c'mon fellas, this is a MAN'S movie. damn the foofy dialogs and sensitive azzz emotions, expendables is the type of movie where a bar room brawl breaks out in the middle of the movie theater, b/c mofos get into a dispute about who killed more people...stallone or schwarzenegger
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    smh @ mofos still holding 80's grudges.
  • young chad
    young chad Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Damn, the first one sucked? That's news to me..that ? was epic as ? to me...just straight up ? 's ? each other up and shooting big ass guns...had some funny dialogue thrown in...it was like watching a bunch of Vikings with guns, ? was awesome haha. I agree about Norris, him and Van Damme look sooo outta place...I can't imagine this ? in the movie...I'm SO glad Stallone is doing this though, I wish it woulda happened 20 years ago but it's kinda cool that they're doing it as old men too...kinda on some history lesson type ? ...I just wish Arnold was still in Commando shape...too bad he became Governor or have NO doubt that he'd be on HGH like Sly and be buff as ? ...also, Hogan should be in this ? haha
  • BlaqueHoney01
    BlaqueHoney01 Members Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    i don't care what anybody says, i liked the 1st one. i mean c'mon fellas, this is a MAN'S movie. damn the foofy dialogs and sensitive azzz emotions, expendables is the type of movie where a bar room brawl breaks out in the middle of the movie theater, b/c mofos get into a dispute about who killed more people...stallone or schwarzenegger

Stop leaving the females out! Not all of us like The Notebook (never seen it) or My Best Friend's Wedding type stuff. I was amped for the first one and can't wait to see this one.

SMH @ Carl Weathers. What else are you doing that you couldn't put aside your pride and make some money?
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    this ? looks GOAT
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The expendables was such a ? flick, don't really expect much of this either.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Terry Crews with that automatic shotgun with explosive rounds was GOAT
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I Havent seen the first one. They need Kurt Russel in this ? . Too bad Wesley Snipes is locked up cuz he needs to be in this, too.
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »
    I Havent seen the first one. They need Kurt Russel in this ? . Too bad Wesley Snipes is locked up cuz he needs to be in this, too.

I agree with that, he can play a Snake Plissken type of role in it.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I didn't think the first one was good but that poster I would buy and put on my wall. SMH at Arnie and Stallone not doing a movie together in their primes.
  • rapmastermind
    edited November 2011
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »

I agree, I think ppl really over analyzed the 1st one. It's was nothing more than an homage to 1980's action which was killed off by films like "The Matrix". After that film, Martial Arts came back to the forefront and hard core action films fell to the waist side. What makes "Expendables" franchise ILL to me is Stallone is including all styles of action from Just hard core military ish to martial artist to police type ish and government. The cast for Part 2 is the real cast he 1st envision but people didn't fully believe in the concept and scheduling conflicts messed things up. I hope Expendables 3 can get Wesley when he gets out of jail, Stallone and Action Jackson can squash their beefs and Segal can stop being mad with beef also over money and that producer. All I know this was a Brillant Idea on Stallone Part. Sure it would of been iller if this dropped late 80's or early 90's but better late than never. I mean Sly, Arnold, Bruce, Van Damme and Chuck Norris all in the same movie? Those are the premier action stars of the 1980's right there. It's epic. Again I liked Part 1, was the story and concept weak? Sure but the action was intense and that's what I paid to see.

eafdbce1ee19.jpg
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Biggwillie
    Biggwillie Members Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    is there a greater action movie in history than the first movie?
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    the first one was butt cheeks tho i went to sleep on that ?
  • Biggwillie
    Biggwillie Members Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Terry Crews with that automatic shotgun with explosive rounds was GOAT

My first and maybe only bcotton co-sign......
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    this can be some trill stuff
  • rapmastermind
    edited November 2011
    Options
    the first one was butt cheeks tho i went to sleep on that ?

The 1st movie had some ? action but it's no where near the GOAT ACTION films ever. But this film coming up clearly has the GOAT action cast ever assembled for a motion picture.
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Good lineup.

80's-90s action film stars actually looked like they could beat some ass if needed.

Not these androgynous, 98 pound vampire looking, fake supernatural ability having ? that are in films now.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I didnt see this thread when I made mine...I guess mine got deleted?

anyway...JCVD will always be my favorite but arnold, stallone and bruce are the kings of this ? ...im glad to see stallone got most of whom he wanted..snipes and chan shouldve been in stathams and crews place though. this is no doubt the dream team of action film casts. to bad a few folks cant put petty ? aside to be part of something larger than life. and the female role shouldve went to janjee or michelle yeoh.

Charles Bronson wouldve made a nice cameo in this film...RIP (or eastwood)