KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I guess Im the only one who loves this song
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Nah homie, it was this song and If You Love Me that came out around the same time which were both pretty good. They bring back some memories of my ex so I don't really listen to those two songs like I used to. lol I always could appreciate Stokely's voice though.
  • booty-gif-dot-com
    booty-gif-dot-com Members Posts: 1,357 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    are you kidding Mint Conditon are "Musicians Musician" type of talent.. they were discovered by Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis (famous for being part of the Morris Day and Time and of course there 25 run as chief producers for Janet Jackson plus more)

as soon as PRETTY BROWN EYES dropped ive been a fan of there music. they have a thing about creating some awesome ballads! and lead singer STOKLEY has some crazy range like a young Little Richard or Phillp Bailey of EWF he can hit any high note!

PRETTY BROWN EYES
    YOU SEND ME SWINING
    IF YOU LOVE ME
    WHAT KIND OF MAN WOULD I BE

this is the type of band that if they come to your city you WILL want to see live.. how many Self Contained Bands are left in Black popular music these days anyway?? and this is a really good one!
  • MarcAntoine
    MarcAntoine Members Posts: 151
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Stolkey vs. Rafeal I cant ever come to a decision
  • gh0st
    gh0st Members Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Good thread this group doesn't get the recognition they deserve. Me and the wife are seeing them this Sunday got 2 row seats yeeaaah boi!
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Stolkey vs. Rafeal I cant ever come to a decision

In my opinion, I say Raphael and it’s not even close.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    This song has been on my playlist for weeks now. I don't remember when it came out initially but my bf was playing it one day and I liked it...crazy that a thread pops up about it.
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    PS - Damn Myra had some big ? !!
  • mrjun18
    mrjun18 Members Posts: 207
    edited December 2011
    Options
    the earth wind and fire of our generation. no gimmicks, no acrobrats, just straight raw talent. an actual band that plays their own music, writes their own songs etc.

oh and stokely >>>> raphael. as much as i love raph. stokley is just >>

my fav songs are so fine and u send me swingin' (my #1 fav 90s r&b song period)...but i cant believe no one mentioned 'forever in you eyes'? that's my alarm clock song i wake up to every morning for years now. lol
  • kataklysm
    kataklysm Confirm Email Posts: 305
    edited December 2011
    Options
    What Kind of Man Would I Be? >>>>>>>>>>>>> You Send Me Swingin'
  • GrizTitan
    GrizTitan Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    kataklysm wrote: »
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Nothing Left to Say
  • mrjun18
    edited December 2011
    Options

as much as 'what kind of man would i be' is unique in terms of the lyrics (no one was talking about resisting the temptation to cheat in r&b during that time), and how much of a classic it was, i cant agree.

stokleys vocals and the instrumentation on 'swinging' were just on another level!
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I am a HUGE Mint Condition fan.
    My cousin Penny put me on to them.
    She had their first cd, Meant to Be Mint and when I heard Forever In Your Eyes, I became a fan.
    I have all their cd's and I been bumping the new cd like crazy. My wife loves Your Not My Daddy with Kelly Price and I like Caught My Eye.
    I love how they have those interludes on there cd's, live music is the ? and they ? it.

My Top 20 Favorite Mint Songs

1. The Never That You'll Never Know
    2. Pretty Brown Eyes
    3. If You Love Me
    4. Forever In Your Eyes
    5. What Kind of Man Would I Be
    6. You Send Me Swinging
    7. Fallin Apart
    8. You Don't Have To Hurt No More
    9. Nothing Left To Say
    10. Pretty Lady with Charlie Wilson
    11. This Day, This Minute, Right Now
    12. Just The Man For You
    13. Someone To Love
    14. So Fine
    15. Back To You Lovin'
    16. Always
    17. I Want It Again
    18. Nobody Does It Betta
    19. Not My Daddy with Kelly Price
    20. Caught My Eye
  • kataklysm
    kataklysm Confirm Email Posts: 305
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Damn..nice list. I've only heard 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, and 9. I'm going to have to check some of those out.
  • south4life
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Damn..nice list. I've only heard 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, and 9. I'm going to have to check some of those out.

They have so many great songs, they are our generation E,W & F.
    Sometimes I play their cd's back to back when I'm in my Mint mode.
  • mrjun18
    edited December 2011
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    I am a HUGE Mint Condition fan.
    My cousin Penny put me on to them.
    She had their first cd, Meant to Be Mint and when I heard Forever In Your Eyes, I became a fan.
    I have all their cd's and I been bumping the new cd like crazy. My wife loves Your Not My Daddy with Kelly Price and I like Caught My Eye.
    I love how they have those interludes on there cd's, live music is the ? and they ? it.

My Top 20 Favorite Mint Songs

1. The Never That You'll Never Know
    2. Pretty Brown Eyes
    3. If You Love Me
    4. Forever In Your Eyes
    5. What Kind of Man Would I Be
    6. You Send Me Swinging
    7. Fallin Apart
    8. You Don't Have To Hurt No More
    9. Nothing Left To Say
    10. Pretty Lady with Charlie Wilson
    11. This Day, This Minute, Right Now
    12. Just The Man For You
    13. Someone To Love
    14. So Fine
    15. Back To You Lovin'
    16. Always
    17. I Want It Again
    18. Nobody Does It Betta
    19. Not My Daddy with Kelly Price
    20. Caught My Eye

oh ? ! dont make me drop my list too! my all time fav band (hence my profile pic). i think i have every song they ever released.

in no order, though "swinging" is def my #1.

1. u send me swinging
    2. on and on
    3. so fine (original version, not the remix)
    4. make me say it again girl (remake), (not exactly an mc song, but stokley did this isley bros remake justice!)
    5. breakin' my heart (pretty brown eyes)
    6. forever in your eyes
    7. this day this minute right now
    8. love your tears away
    9. single to live (live version)
    10. right here
    11. good for your heart
    12. not my daddy (ft/ kelly price)
    13. someone to love
    14. aint hoking me up enough
    15. good for your heart.
    16. if trouble was money (again, another beautiful remake from the 'jason's lyric' soundtrack)
    17. sad girl
    18. back to your lovin'
    19. change your mind
    20. 10 million strong

their discography is just too strong. mc is truly the 'definition of a band'.
  • GrizTitan
    edited December 2011
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    They have so many great songs, they are our generation E,W & F.
    Sometimes I play their cd's back to back when I'm in my Mint mode.
    Negative on that one. Boyz II Men, Blackstreet, and maybe New Edition.
    The only group closer to EWF is Maze
  • south4life
    edited December 2011
    Options
    mrjun18 wrote: »
    oh ? ! dont make me drop my list too! my all time fav band (hence my profile pic). i think i have every song they ever released.

in no order, though "swinging" is def my #1.

1. u send me swinging
    2. on and on
    3. so fine (original version, not the remix)
    4. make me say it again girl (remake), (not exactly an mc song, but stokley did this isley bros remake justice!)
    5. breakin' my heart (pretty brown eyes)
    6. forever in your eyes
    7. this day this minute right now
    8. love your tears away
    9. single to live (live version)
    10. right here
    11. good for your heart
    12. not my daddy (ft/ kelly price)
    13. someone to love
    14. aint hoking me up enough
    15. good for your heart.
    16. if trouble was money (again, another beautiful remake from the 'jason's lyric' soundtrack)
    17. sad girl
    18. back to your lovin'
    19. change your mind
    20. 10 million strong

their discography is just too strong. mc is truly the 'definition of a band'.

Respect my good sir, I like those songs too.
    It's really hard to choose just one favorite Mint song.
  • mrjun18
    edited December 2011
    Options
    GrizTitan wrote: »
    Negative on that one. Boyz II Men, Blackstreet, and maybe New Edition.
    The only group closer to EWF is Maze

what!!?!? do you know who ewf is??? how can boyz ii men be our generations ewf???? lol c'mon now.... blackstreet shouldnt even be mention in the same breath as n.e. either.

ewf is a BAND.... boys ii men, n.e. and blackstreet are SINGING GROUPS..... big difference. maze is a great band but they are not from this generation. mint condition is, and so is tony toni tone. that's our generation. hence the words: "our GENERATIONS ewf" no one said anything about mc being on the level of ewf, but we said they are this generation (90's to present).
  • GrizTitan
    edited December 2011
    Options
    what!!?!? do you know who ewf is??? how can boyz ii men be our generations ewf???? lol c'mon now.... blackstreet shouldnt even be mention in the same breath as n.e. either.

ewf is a BAND.... boys ii men, n.e. and blackstreet are SINGING GROUPS..... big difference. maze is a great band but they are not from this generation. mint condition is, and so is tony toni tone. that's our generation. hence the words: "our GENERATIONS ewf" no one said anything about mc being on the level of ewf, but we said they are this generation (90's to present).
    With all that said your just making my point for me. We have no one close to EWF. Maze is all we have and Mint Condition is nowhere close. They should be compared to After 7, Toni Tony Tone, and others but not EWF. It seems as though YOU dont know who EWF is.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2011
    Options
  • mrjun18
    edited December 2011
    Options
    wow you guys are not reading things through

if someone said 'kobe is this generations michael jordan', does that mean they are saying he will ever be like him, have the same accomplishments, legacy, career, accolades, influence etc.? of course not... but if you had to choose one player to be the "jordan of this generation", no doubt, his name would come up.

and lol @ comparing mint condition to after 7? really?? after 7??? lol. a group that just stood there and let their brother babyface write all the hits? you're really comparing after 7 to a one of the best self contained black bands of the last 20-something years? you gotta be kidding me.

tony toni tone and mc always always get compared and they are both great bands. no argument there. but you gotta be really sarcastic to bring up after 7. a damn singing group where only the two brothers actually sang what was given to them on piece of paper, and the third light skinned so called cousin just stood there for decoration.

as far as maze goes, yes they are one of the greatest black bands, but they are not from this generation...sorry. the last maze album was in what? back to basics in 1992?? yeah they still touring and selling out shows but they are more-so an 80's band.

saying someone is this generations (insert artist), is not classifying them as so-and-so.
  • GrizTitan
    edited December 2011
    Options
    wow you guys are not reading things through

if i say kobe is this generations michael jordan, does that mean im saying he will ever be like him, have the same accomplishments, legacy, career, accolades, influence etc.? of course not, but if you had to choose one player to be the "jordan of this generation", no doubt, his name would come up.

and lol @ comparing mint condition to after 7? really?? after 7??? lol. a group that just stood there and let their brother babyface write all the hits? you're really comparing after 7 to a one of the best self contained black bands of the last 20-something years? you gotta be kidding me.

tony tonu tone and mc always always get compared and they are both great bands. no argument there. but you gotta be really sarcastic to bring up after 7. a damn singing group where only the two brothers actually sang what was given to them on piece of paper, and the third light skinned so called cousin just stood there for decoration.

as far as maze goes, yes they are one of the greatest black bands, but they are not from this generation...sorry. the last maze album was in what? back to basics in 1992?? yeah they still touring and selling out shows but they are more-so an 80's band.

saying someone is this generations (insert artist), is not classifying them as so-and-so.

Usually when you compare something or someone their has to be simlairties. But in this case it was the wrong group to compare EWF to. You can have TTT. But seems like your not getting my point. WE HAVE NO GENERATIONS EWF. Thats like comparing Chris Brown to Micheal Jackson. Is Chris Brown this new generations MJ?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2011
    Options